Well having extensively driven both Verna's and Fiesta's (older versions) these cars are completely opposite to each other, they have different DNA's.
On paper Hyundai win hands down but on road things are different. Verna does 90% of things right and lets say Fiesta does 10% of things correctly. But for some those 90% might be redundant and some can strike chords with 10%. That's how I said that DNA's are all different. Lets have a step by step approach to the discussion- Looks
- Fluidic design with muscles flowing through. One of the best looking car in and above its segment. Well looks could be perspective but 9/10 people will like the looks. So - 9 out of 10 Fiesta
_ Now here comes the confused psychology. Rear, front does not look like parts of same car. Side profle is as good if not better than Verna. Fron nose is bit too sharp for my liking so, but anyways not a bad looking car. - 7.5 out of 10 Interiors Verna
- Good, decent and great stuff from Hyundai, but why so inconsiderate towards rear passenger. those claustrophic mirrors and low stance seating makes you feel kid trying to look out of window. Otherwise great fully loaded quality material. A trademark of hyundai be it Eon or Verna. So- 8.5 out of 10 Fiesta
- Did I say crampe?, not sure why Ford favors driver so much that they tend to forget about rear passengers. They can also do away with bit more space. 7 out of 10 Gadgets & Features Verna
Fully loaded and so do Fiesta
with Cruze control and voice controls. I love the voice control and cruze feature so Fiesta gets 9/10 and Verna 8.5/10 Engine Verna
any day with 260 NM of Torque and 126 BHP for a diesel. Fiesta
not much behind but cannot match Fiesta on straight line with 90 BHP and 204 NM of Torque, but do we always drive straight
So, Verna - 9/10 on engine against 7.5/10 for Fiesta
. Handling and Ride quality
Now here we can see tables turning. With Verna
ride becomes bumpy, tail swiging above 80kmph, well not acceptable. Steering do weighs up and ride is certainly an improvement over previous gen Verna
, but still a long ay to go for Verna
On the other hand Fiesta cuts through corners like knife in butter, feel planted at high speeds. Steering feels in complete control although pure hydraulic was an enthusiasts favorite, this with EPS is also pretty good.
So ride and handling - Fiesta 9.5/10 and Verna 7/10
Now conclusion, or opinion (purely mine) Verna
- More suited as a family, driven under limits. A good looking catr with all the comfort in the world. Well majority of buyers buying a 10 lac+ car fits in this category. And that why car is selling in huge numbers. your wife will love it, your kids will like it and your parents will feel proud. VFM
upto an extent. Fiesta
- Suited for people who really care for what i being driven, it's the car or the driver. Who enjoy driving and does not care about everything else, I suggest go for classic 1.6 SXI. This new Fiesta with standardize petrol1.5 Lit engine is something medicore effort by the company. It cannot be a chauffer driven car due to cramped space at the back and perfomance has been compromised. 1.5 Diesel do fits the bill as a decent compromise between performance and economy but an exorbitant price of around 12 lac does not suit the pocket for most.
I again say above mentioned points are from my own experience and might differ from yours.