Buying a USED Hyundai Accent !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

Im new to this forum and new to owning a car (first one).

As a first buy I have paid a nominal advance for a car and expecting to receive it in a few days time, as the owner is expecting his new car (Toyota Etios) by then.

Here are the car details:

Brand: Hyundai
Model: Accent GLS 1.6 (P) [ABS]
Year: 2004
Kms Driven: 32000~34000
Modifications: Alloy wheels, new battery (5 yr warranty)
Ownership: Single (ex-NRI)
Price settled for: Rs. 230,000 (no agents involved)

The car is well maintained with service records. The vehicle was locally used, very seldom long distance drives.

I would like to have your valuable suggestions on whether this is a good deal for the price and also what else do I need to check for before taking delivery of the vehicle.

Thanks in advance..!! [:)]

Regards,
jesj

Hi jesj,

Welcome to The Automotive India.
The price imo is reasonable, but has margins for bargains. You can get NHC at similar price which looks decent and has good FE.
Coming back to your query, get the car inspected at nearest authorized service center to make sure that it doesnt have any major defect and the car has been serviced regularly. You can even get the real odo reading by looking at the service records.

Hello jesg welcome to our forum. First of all congratulations for getting to own your first car. Now coming to your query yes the price can be bargained a bit. And also check with your local Hyundai dealer for service records and also to be sure the ODO readings are true and not tampered!

350Z

Core Team
Hello Jesj, Welcome aboard to The Automotive India. Although the seller seems to be genuine from what you have described but still, it should not stop you to thoroughly inspect the car. Please visit this thread to know all inspection details which must be taken care of while getting a Pre-owned model (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pecting-second-hand-car-exhaustive-guide.html). About pricing, yes he’s certainly asking for more. If possible, try to settle the deal maximum at Rs.2 Lakhs. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8
thanks everybody for ur suggestions... regret was not able to negotiate any further on the price as seller was very well known to my family.. but the vehicle condition is reliable
took possession of the car today..!!

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations. Don't forget to tell us more about your car through an ownership review.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #13
well, my first thoughts on the car...!!
its fun to drive (given that i am new to the driving arena)..does not disappoint..though a bit of a rattle (clicking sound) from the co-passenger seat. Idle speed seems to be high. i say this because the car moves at a quite quick pace even without touching the accelerator..ur inputs on this appreciated. anyways, going in for a cleaning service (inside-out) and a general check up.. any other suggestions will be valued

get the timing belt changed, since the car is 6 years old. get it changed as a precautionary change. though it may set u back by a 1000/- bucks, it gives peace of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom