Comfortable Hatchback within 4 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi there, my Dad is on the lookout for buying a new car for mom. We only have two priorities in mind:

1. The car should be extremely comfortable in the back seat at least because my mom will be driven in hectic traffic for around 75kms. daily in city conditions. She will be driven so no problem even if performance is not satisfactory.

2. The car should have good resale value when sold within 2 years. My mom will leave the job so car will become useless after that time, making it better to sell it off.

Budget is no bar. Also petrol diesel or fuel efficiency does not matter at all. My humble request to all hatchback owners, please ask your wife or mother which is most comfortable. I need to make a decision within 3 to 4 days, because she will be joining on 14th March. We absolutely have no idea because nobody in our family has used hatchbacks.

The Indica Vista Diesel should be a better bet! One of the main reasons I am suggesting this is the availabilty of the car at showrooms is pretty high when compared to others since you will be needing it by March 14th.

The pros are:

* Confortable rear seating position
* Resale Value is good since it will be a diesel
* The cheapest car you can get for the features you get
* Running cost will be low (though it doesn't bother you much)

Good luck with your search!

Last edited:
The Indica Vista Diesel should be a better bet! One of the main reasons I am suggesting this is the availabilty of the car at showrooms is pretty high when compared to others since you will be needing it by March 14th.

The pros are:

* Confortable rear seating position
* Resale Value is good since it will be a diesel
* The cheapest car you can get for the features you get
* Running cost will be low (though it doesn't bother you much)
Without any hesitation it should be Tata Vista either QJD or 90PS as it got segment defying back seat comfort.

Pros have already mentioned by Holysatan. But better go for 90PS petrol as engine would be quiter and ride would be even better.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for your quick replies Holysatan and Krrish. My heart is also set on the Vista. But there seems to be a problem here. As soon as i got Holy's comments i called up Tata showroom here and asked them the details. And guess what, they said that it cannot be delivered within 6 days at all because of some problem in transportation. There are 2 vehicles which have been booked. But my Dad has said that he will try to talk to those who have booked to see if they can extend their booking, giving this car to us. But anyway we cannot rest on that because its a coin toss. What are the other options i have if not Vista?

Without any hesitation it should be Tata Vista either QJD or 90PS as it got segment defying back seat comfort.
Pros have already mentioned by Holysatan. But better go for 90PS petrol as engine would be quiter and ride would be even better.
Petrol Vista would be good but considering the daily running of 75kms, a diesel makes sense since savings on fuel would be better.

Also, re-sale value for diesel is good. There might be very few takers for petrol version when he is trying to sell it off

Do not invest much money then.
Check punto 1.2 action and figo 1.2
I really doubt the re-sale value of both inspite of being very good cars.
Also, the Vista has much better shoulder/leg-room compared to these I guess.

Thanks for your quick replies Holysatan and Krrish. My heart is also set on the Vista. But there seems to be a problem here. As soon as i got Holy's comments i called up Tata showroom here and asked them the details. And guess what, they said that it cannot be delivered within 6 days at all because of some problem in transportation. There are 2 vehicles which have been booked. But my Dad has said that he will try to talk to those who have booked to see if they can extend their booking, giving this car to us. But anyway we cannot rest on that because its a coin toss. What are the other options i have if not Vista?
Good that you have checked with the showroom guys right away searchingheaven!

One point I would like to put in here is that, almost all the cars will have a waiting period of more than a week or so considering diesel. The best thing you could do is to book the car and arrange some other transport plan for the few days (waiting period) if possible.

Regarding other options, a diesel Ritz would also be a good option. It has got more spacious interiors than the Swift but comes at a lesser rate & lesser waiting period.

Try Maruti showrooms for petrol versions of Ritz, Swift if they are available for immediate delivery. Even though these are petrol models, there will be takers for it when you are going to sell because they carry a Maruti brand value.

My priority would be:
1) Indica Vista Quadrajet Diesel(90HP not advisable because you/your mom is not going to drive it)
2) Diesel Ritz
3) Petrol Swift/Ritz

Any other suggestions are most welcome!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
punto!!(but resale value don't know) and figo(it is very much popular so resale value should be good )
Punto doesnt look big enough to be comfortable. Same way dont know about Figo. Though will wait for some owners to chip in with their comments.

Thanks again for your detailed and quick replies. Now my dilemma is increased with the Maruti, Ford and Fiat thrown in. You have an excellent point in the fact that diesels have better resale value. Ritz i am ruling out because i dont like its back design, also it is too cramped so no chance there. Also, an update. Dad is going to drop her personally on the first day and we can have the driver use either the Safari or Scorpio to drop her for next 3 to four days. So it seems we will be going in for the Vista. Only taking comfort and resale value into consideration, is the Vista better than everything else?

Last edited by a moderator:
SearchingHeaven, now thats an interesting handle. Coming to your query, your best bet would be the the Indica Vista. The rear-seat space, comfort and ride quality are the best of the lot. Barring that, the only other option that i can see suitable would be the Figo. The Titanium Diesel is available within 4-5 days with some dealers in Thane/Navi-Mumbai out here.

Edit, just saw your post. Good luck with the Vista :)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Just came back from showroom. Booked a Vista QJD. Dad's contacts helped. Will be delivered on 10th. Also the delivery of the Aria will be on the same day. Will post details later.

Congrats searchingheaven, the car was decided within a day! I must say you made a good decision. I was about to suggest you a Tata Vista or Maruti Suzuki WagonR.

Oh so you have already booked the car , that's great! Congratulations Vista will surely satisfy your mom's needs.

Delivery of two cars on the same day is awesome![clap]

Gratulationes searchingheaven!
Vista is a good car from the TATA stable with the best backseat comfort in its class and what more about Aria: a new breed indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom