Choice Between Maruti Brezza ZDi+ and Hyundai Creta 1.4 Diesel

Which Options is suggested out of Brezza ZDI+ and Creta 1.4 Diesel

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
Dear Community members,

Kindly suggest which options is better out of Brezza ZDI+ and Creta 1.4 Diesel.
I am upgrading from Santro and considering the above options.

My taste and style : I am not a very aggressive driver on road and avoid driving above 100 KM/Hr on Highways. Would love good acceleration though, as it helps in B2B traffic conditions of metro cities. My priorities in decreasing order are - Driving comfort/control, Exterior Looks, Features, Mileage, After sale service. My budget is 12 Lakhs on road.

Brezza seems to score good on features, mileage and budget, however seems second to creta in terms of looks, acceleration and driving control. Creta looks second in terms of mileage and pricing, however 1.4 Lt Diesel with some after market addons may fit into my budget.

Any suggestions / alternatives would be helpful.

thanks,
Nitin

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Choice between Brezza ZDI+ and Creta 1.4 Diesel

Hi Nitin,

Welcome on-board TAI!

Of the 2 choices, I'll pick Creta any day over Brezza. Reason, Creta is more plush C-SUV compared to Brezza. 1.3D Vs 1.4D, I'll pick up Hyundai Diesel because their engine has good NVH. Moreover, Creta received a facelift but the Brezza is still going on with the same looks so kind of boring to me. Instead of Brezza, try and check out Nexon diesel. It got 4 star global NCAP safety rating too.

Regards

Akash

Re: Choice between Brezza ZDI+ and Creta 1.4 Diesel

Dear Community members,

My taste and style : I am not a very aggressive driver on road and avoid driving above 100 KM/Hr on Highways. Would love good acceleration though, as it helps in B2B traffic conditions of metro cities. My priorities in decreasing order are - Driving comfort/control, Exterior Looks, Features, Mileage, After sale service. My budget is 12 Lakhs on road.

Brezza seems to score good on features, mileage and budget, however seems second to creta in terms of looks, acceleration and driving control. Creta looks second in terms of mileage and pricing, however 1.4 Lt Diesel with some after market addons may fit into my budget.

thanks,
Nitin
With no offense to owners, why do you even consider Breeza, man it's a tin can and that awful sluggish 1.3mjd? And the period first gen swift interiors.

For 1.2million, start with Nexon, the diesel even in Eco mode is a delight.

Creta is over priced... Period.

Alternatively, the Ecosport will come under your budget too. Loaded with more features than either of your considerations, along with good build quality, Ecosport is my pick.
Take a back to back TD of the vehicles to get a clearer view.

At this price point I feel ecosports or nexon are better buy. If between brezza and creta I would pick creta any day.

Dear Community members,

thanks,
Nitin
Hi Nitin,
You are comparing "4.27m long Creta weighing 1,300kg" with "3.99m long Brezza weighing 1,195 kg". The body structures are in TWO DIFFERENT categories, like XUV500 Vs Scorpio. I feel, Hyundai make this "E Plus 1.4 CRDi version" just to put it within touching distance of Brezza [clap] . But, THAT is the reason why certain features are missing in Hyundai. You go thro' the missing features and decide, if YOU would miss them 2-3 years from now. If you think you will NOT miss them, go get the Creta; it is just Rs 12000 higher than the Brezza and ANY DAY a superior choice. You will CONTINUE to feel SATISFIED in a good vehicle with NECESSARY features.

By the way, you mentioned that you need "good acceleration in B2B traffic". Well, don't expect it in the two engines you have shortlisted. You need to have at least a Petrol engine generating 90+ bHP or a Diesel engine generating 100+ bHP to do the sprint; this is where Ford EcoSport Titanium Petrol and Tata Nexon XZ+ Diesel FIT PERFECTLY. They are in fact cheaper than Brezza too [:D]. Have a look at them before committing. The Comparo of all these FOUR vehicles is in the Link

One last point, with the Diesel price going up gradually, a Diesel engine is not the correct option, if you drive less than say, 15,000 km in an year. Have it in mind. Good luck.

Dear Community members,

thanks,
Nitin
You havent shared what would be your monthly running for this new car and as the other members shared if its going tobe below 15K mark why not go for petrol motor.Nexon, Ecosport as well as Creta all fits in.
For specific of your options tobe choosed from anyday it would be Creta which even with its 1.4L engine does its job perfectly and also gives you good mileage compared to its 1.6L engine.
If breeza strikes you and your needs then my suggestion would be go for its Auto box though its 4 speed box but still its a boon for city drives and maruti have mated it beautifully for their diesel engine.

Last edited:
Hi Nitin,
Creta is perfect choice for your needs.
Also the updated car looks fresh and nice.

OP, has already purchased Creta, as per his other thread.

Mods: please check and close this thread, thanks
I think he has not yet made the purchase, just gathering information to make a decision on buying the car.

I think he has not yet made the purchase, just gathering information to make a decision on buying the car.
I doubt? The first line of his thread says "planning to buy 1.4L Creta", and is looking for after market accessories, so it's taken as bought, isn't it? And no mention of Breeza.

Thread Starter #13
I have not made the purchase yet. Replies and comments from community members are very insightful and will definitely help me make a right choice. Thanks a lot.

-Nitin

I have not made the purchase yet. Replies and comments from community members are very insightful and will definitely help me make a right choice. Thanks a lot.

-Nitin
Why the poll in the first place, when it's a buying deliema/decision you as an individual has to make, with inputs from members, so either you are confused here or you have a clear decision, based on your other thread on the Creta where you are again asking for help on aftermarket accessories for Creta only.

Top Bottom