New Hyundai Xcent E+ CNG: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hi, Folks

Writing a thread after a long time. Sorry for that, so cut to chase, my dad is using WagonR CNG for the Last 7 years. See the Link of the same here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...172-maruti-suzuki-wagon-r-cng-my-journey.html

Now, My WagonR has crossed 1,88,000 km, but the car is working perfectly fine, apart from some minor AC issues, etc. We thought of changing the car as I am moving out of country, and I don't want my dad to go through any hassles, if some problem arises in near future.
We started exploring the options in CNG only. To start with my Dad wanted to buy WagonR again, but I was against it for two reasons:
1) Already using it for 7 years, Current WagonR is exactly same, apart from minor changes like beige interiors, instrument cluster, etc.
2) Backseat comfort - Very bad
So Search begins:
1) Eritga CNG - Started with this car, took a test drive at Competent motors, as I went to Competent House for some other work, and saw an Ertiga CNG model parked in front of showroom. Went inside asked for a Testdrive, to my surprise they gave me the TD on the Cng model only (although it was a very short drive) but I knew somehow this car is not for us for the following reasons:
i) On road Price Rs 9,40,000/- too much for a maruti product.
ii) back seat comfort not great.
iii) Last seat Space - Don't even ask.
iv) Already have XUV 500, so no use of buying another 7 seater. Moreover it will be a city car, so parking issue is also a bit of concern.
Finally dropped the idea.

2) Celerio CNG - Read reviews online, and everyone wrote its comfortable than WagonR, especially back seat as its more wider and have longer wheelbase. Also, as its a new model so better interiors than WagonR. But, after I visited the showroom (Rohan Motors Noida) it was a reality check. Back seat were not at all spacious and it felt too cramped inside. Me being 6 ft, I was not comfortable at all. Interiors were not exciting as well. Asked for the price anyways, and after discounts and My WagonR exchange value it came around 4.30 Lacs. WagonR was costing 3.59 Lac.
Now, decision once again came back to WagonR.

3) Xcent CNG - Now, it was not considered as I personally had a very bad experience when I had Accent around 9 years back, and I had fitted CNG from outside. It gave me so much trouble. But when I was returning home from Rohan Motors, I saw Nilgiri Hyundai Showroom and decided to have a look. When I sat in Xcent the interiors were mind blowing. Rear seat comfort excellent, Even E+ model which is 1 model above the base model, has most of the premium features like, Rear Armrest, Rear AC Vents, Cooled glove Box, 2-Din USB Player, Fog Lamps, Steering Mounted Controls. Asked for the quotation it was coming out to be 5.13 after exchanging the wagonR and all the discounts. The test drive was done at my place on the same day, and final price was decided at Rs 5 Lacs, but did not book as the showroom was in Noida, and I wanted Delhi no. and they told me they can deliver the car in 2 days, but have to wait for permanent no. for 20-25 days.
Next day went to Hans Hyundai and then Autoweb, it was 31st May, every salesman was interested to get it booked the same day, as they told me from 1st June price might increase and discounts might also get changed. But I refrained from getting it booked.
Benefits of not getting it booked the other day: Got a call from Autoweb and got good discounts. Final price quoted Rs. 4,93,000 so got it booked on 2nd June.
Now, the June discounts have been increased to 10,000 more. Got a call from Autoweb and they have finalised the price at Rs. 4,83,000/-
Delivery is around 20th June, as the Stardust colour was not in stock.
Waiting for the delivery now. Will update as soon as I will get the car delivered.

Re: Upgrade: Maruti Wagon-R CNG To Hyundai Xcent CNG!!

Hey congrats, envy you guys, cars are so cheap in Delhi. Lowest prices in India.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Upgrade: Maruti Wagon-R CNG To Hyundai Xcent CNG!!

Took Delivery of my car on 21st June, 2018. Delivery Experience was ok, not so good. As I had got the CNG fitted in the car, at the dealer's end, nobody was there to explain how the CNG works, how will it get ttransfer from Petrol to CNG, etc. Even, I did not receive my Car number till now, even after getting promised by the dealer, that It will be given with the car delivery, but all false promises.
Now, Coming to car, its nice, spacious than Wagon R , with nice interiors. But few problems i faced.
1) As soon as i got the car home, the steering did not lock. I tried rotating it both the sides, but it rotated fully and did not lock. Even the click sound which generally came when you take out the key did not come. I made the video and share with the showroom.
Next morning again I tried, and to my surprise on my 2nd tried it got locked, and the click sound also started to come when you take out the Key. Still Confused what happened.
2) Still confused about this problem, as nobody is aware of even in the service station or at the showroom. The problem is, as soon as i pull the wiper handle to get the water on the windshield, the water is spread on the glass, but the wipers did not turn on. To clear the water I have to switch on the wiper manually. This is one thing which you will find even in Maruti 800.
When I went to the service center, they did not have any clue about this. Then, some person came, and told me that this feature is not available in E+ model. I am shocked to hear that.
Left the Service center, reached home and told the same to the showroom person from whom I bought this car. Fortunately, he has the same, E+ model in the showroom, and he sent me the video, its wipers are turning on automatically.
Went again to another service center near to my place, they said we have no clue. But luckily there was one more Xcent there, which i guess was E+ model, (I don't know why Hyundai did not mention the model category on the car [anger]), its wipers also did not work automatically.
Now the question is how thw showroom car wipers are working if its the same model?

3) CNG Issue: I was afraid buying this car, as the CNG is not factory fitted as its in Maruti. But I thought lets take a chance, and as my gut feeling told me earlier, CNG issue came up. as soon as car goes under 1000 Rpm the cng is converted into Petrol, and then it takes sometimes 5-10 min to come back on CNG. Also, 4-5 times the car got stopped, as i shift down to Neutral from 4th gear. Now, Need to got to Okhla, for getting the CNG tuning done.
After paying 78k extra if I have to go for tuning the CNG in new car, then its better, that I would have installed it from outside at half the cost.
And Service Center guys have no clue about CNG.
Here are some pics, clicked from my Phone. Will post more pics on weekend.

Attachments

Last edited:
Pretty bad on the CNG issue. Hope at least HASS had some in house technician for same. The E variant comes with colour ORVM and handles and factory fitted audio system ?

Thread Starter #5
This is not the E variant. This is E+.
I think E variant does not have music system and body coloured door handles and orvms.

HI Turbo,
The CNG problems you are facing are serious problems.You have to talk to the Dealer sternly to solve the issue or return the CNG and give the money back. First of all 78k is a lot of money for CNG instalment,that too not a Genuine Company fitted.

I too had a CNG car fitted from aftermarket, the transition from Petrol to CNG was very smooth, operated by buttons fit near the Gear lever for convenience.There were 3 settings in it,
1)Petrol (completely run on Petrol)
2)Petrol/CNG ( starts on petrol and within 10secs automatically to CNG)
3)CNG (completely run on CNG)
The installer informed me that 2nd setting is the most suitable one,i had run 50,000kms on this setting.

Mail this issue directly to Hyundai seniors.

Getting CNG fitment in brand new car was indeed a bold move, too bad your facing the issue even though the fitment is done from the dealers end.
I think you should have waited for CNG fitment till your cars warranty period was over.
I hope dealer solves the issue as soon as possible

Top Bottom