Need Suggestion on Buying Used Maruti Baleno

Thread Starter #1
This is my first post here...[:)] I am looking to upgrade my alto 800 and been researching new and used cars. I got an offer for used Baleno delta 1.2 p in my office for asking of price of 6.5L. Its mostly female driven with around 3000 km ran. Its September 2017 vehicle. Is this correct price or I should bargain further ?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Need suggestion on buying used Baleno

This is my first post here... I am looking to upgrade my alto 800 and been researching new and used cars. I got an offer for used Baleno delta 1.2 p in my office for asking of price of 6.5L. Its mostly female driven with around 3000 km ran. Its September 2017 vehicle. Is this correct price or I should bargain further ?
Buddy, Welcome onboard. Though by the ODO reading and the purchase date, I guess 6.3 to 6.5 Lacs is a reasonable price. However, even though the vehicle is low run and just 9-10 month old yet a better option to explore is that of new car. You can buy a new car worth 7 lacs like a Tigor or an Amaze in this price. A new car's feel is unparalleled in my view.

Regards

Akash

This is my first post here...[:)] I am looking to upgrade my alto 800 and been researching new and used cars. I got an offer for used Baleno delta 1.2 p in my office for asking of price of 6.5L. Its mostly female driven with around 3000 km ran. Its September 2017 vehicle. Is this correct price or I should bargain further ?
6.5lac is little higher in my opinion, maybe its 8-10% depreciated of the New car price.
Bargain little more and bring it down to 15% of the new car value. Cars tend to lose upto 25% of its value in 1st year itself.
And do know the reason behind selling a hot seller & trouble-free car so early.

Thread Starter #4
Buddy, Welcome onboard. Though by the ODO reading and the purchase date, I guess 6.3 to 6.5 Lacs is a reasonable price. However, even though the vehicle is low run and just 9-10 month old yet a better option to explore is that of new car. You can buy a new car worth 7 lacs like a Tigor or an Amaze in this price. A new car's feel is unparalleled in my view.

Regards

Akash
Thank you!!!
I am 6 feet , 90 kgs with broad body frame. I need a car that is comfortable during long journeys. I expect monthly running to be around 3k for next few months of which 2k will be highway drive. The seat comfort of tigor & aspire doesn't suit me well. i did test drive of Baleno, i20, scross & ecosport of which Baleno & Scross are really comfortable. Also I am still not sure whether to go for petrol or diesel. Just today, i saw this ad in Company ad portal, called up the owner & checked the car. The car is in excellent condition and the owner who is female use it mostly for office travel and drop kid in school. She has done 3m underbody protection, paint protection, driver side arm rest installation and some more customization with interior & boot lights. Initially she told 6.5L but i have asked for 6.2L finally. She not confirmed yet. If i want to buy a new Baleno Delta car & add all this accessories it may cost almost 1.10 lakhs higher in Chennai. Do you think its better deal or i should wait some more time. Anyway my alto is doing an excellent job and I am in no real hurry.

6.5lac is little higher in my opinion, maybe its 8-10% depreciated of the New car price.
Bargain little more and bring it down to 15% of the new car value. Cars tend to lose upto 25% of its value in 1st year itself.
And do know the reason behind selling a hot seller & trouble-free car so early.
I have quoted 6.2L as my final price. The owner told she will check with her husband and get back by tomorrow. The reason is she is travelling onsite by next month and want to sell the car. I believe buying inside my company from known colleague is much more safer option than looking outside. The onroad price of delta is 7.3L in chennai and with additional accessories it may go for 7.4L atleast. If i manage to get for 6.2L i can save around 1.2L. But one thing I am worried much is highway drive safety in Baleno. Being light I am not sure how stable it may behave in case of unfortunate situations

I got the actual price break from the owner in whatsapp.

On road price - 725853
Basic accessories: Designer floor mat, mud flaps, trunk mat, number plate - 7712
Arm Rest, Fog lamps, Interior lighting for kit floor & trunk, side molding - 10490
Extended warranty 4th year - 8895
3M anti corrison coating, silencer coating,3M paint sealant essential coating - 9813

Total cost: 762763

Final offer is 6.5L but I think she may come down to 6.4L. Super confused [roll]

Nairrk

Honoured Member

I think the Baleno Delta Petrol costs around 6.25 L (showroom) in chennai.!?

This vehicle registered in Sept 2017 means in another 4 months you need to pay for new Insurance.

Do not count the accessories fixed, as from my experience not much weightage given for the accessories in 2nd hand car market (accessories fitted on a car as per individual preference/liking hence not necessary the buyer also need to like the same accessories[roll]).

Still, I feel Rs.6/6.1 L seems a good bargain for this car.

Thread Starter #6

I think the Baleno Delta Petrol costs around 6.25 L (showroom) in chennai.!?

This vehicle registered in Sept 2017 means in another 4 months you need to pay for new Insurance.

Do not count the accessories fixed, as from my experience not much weightage given for the accessories in 2nd hand car market (accessories fitted on a car as per individual preference/liking hence not necessary the buyer also need to like the same accessories[roll]).

Yes that's correct. I also attached price list i got from Nexa. I too believe 6.5L is on the higher side. For this amount I can buy a used Honda city 2014/2015 model with less mileage. It can serve well in long journeys also. Thank you for your insights.

Attachments

Last edited:

Have a look at the individual car, it's use and abuse, as a Maruti second hand car buyer will always be a sucker, as the first owner thinks it's gold.

Hi, in my opinion accessories are never to be accounted for since its a personal thing and as such rarely adds value to the car. If you are not in a hurry, stick to your earlier quoted price and play the wait and watch game.
Also do note, any car from the maruti stable will be in demand. So you may lose out to a sucker who does not know to bargain or is in a hurry to buy.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Have a look at the individual car, it's use and abuse, as a Maruti second hand car buyer will always be a sucker, as the first owner thinks it's gold.
Maruti's slightly abused car can still command a similar re-sale as that of a clean & maintained Tata or Honda or Ford because Sir at the end of the day, it is Maruti and people will go for it eyes closed. In my own case when I was selling my 2006 Esteem, True Value gave a price of 40K where as in 2 days I got around 60K for the car through an individual buyer. The guy simply bought the car because of 2 facts, it was a Maruti and was U.P registered with clean and perfect documents.

Do not count the accessories fixed, as from my experience not much weightage given for the accessories in 2nd hand car market (accessories fitted on a car as per individual preference/liking hence not necessary the buyer also need to like the same accessories).
Absolutely 100% true. When I sold my CITY Ivtec recently, Honestly, I had modified it a hell lot and spent a good amount on the accessories but at the end what counted was the ODO, Model Year and the Variant. The buyers indeed don't pay heed to accessories and neither accessories fetch the premium. Secondly, In majority of cases, never expect that the new buyer of the car will keep it in same shape and would take care of it in same way as the actual owner does.

Would be too good to ask for. Considering the ODO and Model Year, in between 6.3 to 6.5 L will be right thing.

On road price - 725853

Final offer is 6.5L but I think she may come down to 6.4L. Super confused
If the price is between 6.3 to 6.5L then go in for the deal. It is from a known person. You have seen the car (I guess) and you can be assured of it's upkeep and history.

Regards

Akash

On road price - 725853
Basic accessories: Designer floor mat, mud flaps, trunk mat, number plate - 7712
Arm Rest, Fog lamps, Interior lighting for kit floor & trunk, side molding - 10490
Extended warranty 4th year - 8895
3M anti corrison coating, silencer coating,3M paint sealant essential coating - 9813

Final offer is 6.5L but I think she may come down to 6.4L. Super confused [roll]
Not sure if you closed the deal already but 6.25-6.40 should be correct price of the car. Few months down the line you have to renew insurance. Apart from that there should not be any other expenses.

check the car in person ;get hold of service history;request for a couple of good long test drives in highway;if it suits your needs and feel confident go ahead and close the deal.I dint find too much wrong in the price quoted .Ask the lady to reduce the final price stating the renewal of insurance and also transfer at RTO.[;)]Also the car should be still in warranty period and hence peace of mind for you just in case.

Last edited:

Top Bottom