Is Maruti Dzire 2018 a Safe Car To Buy?

Thread Starter #1
I came across this video and sharing this with our forum friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyq3YA3TFVY

I have also read a couple of news about new Maruti cars' accidents. And to see the above video, I am a bit worried about the car's safety.

Is Maruti Dzire 2018 a safe car to buy??? Is it only about the mileage??

Is safety a concern in Maruti cars now?? [roll]

Re: Is Maruti Dzire 2018 a safe car to buy???

Well from this accident i think passenger cabin is intact and hopefully all the passengers are safe too.
the front of cars has crumple zones to absorb the impact where as back of any cars is hard i.e. to absorb impact of rear ending.

Crumple Zone: Important Safety Feature
Pros: Keeps the cabin safe from the impact, saving lives.
Cons: Takes the hit and damages the car extensively.

I think its a great feature where the passengers are safe and secure.
Whereas you have Insurance to cover all your car related financial mess.

The above case shows how the front crumple zone has absorbed the impact. I dont think this incident or similar ones can validate Dzire as an unsafe car.

The Black Hyundai Creta,3rd car behind the Dzire just saved himself by a whisker.

I would say forget Maruti if you want high speed safety. You need good quality material to save you from impact from any dimensions and car getting toppled over. Generally for saving you from car getting toppled over the roof should be really strong which is not at all the case with Maruti (see real life accident pics where the whole car gets crumpled along with the passenger area [cry]). From the lots of accidents I am regularly following, Tata and VW seem to have good quality body followed by Fiat and Ford. I would recommend CSUV over compact sedan. I have driven my cousin's Ford Ecosport petrol 1L Ecoboost to a very good extent and believe me the exhaust note it produces over 3000Rpm sounds so racy. The power delivery is linear and interior ambience though dark looks premium. Only downside I felt is the tight gearshifts and bit lower FE. 1L is stopped I believe so you can have a look at 1.5L Petrol. For Diesel I believe Tata Nexon 1.5L has amazing pulling power due to the mind blowing Torque and sounds really cool at high Rpms. Also has amazing interiors, best audio output and arguably suspension and a lucrative price. I would suggest you these much safer options for Petrol and Diesel respectively.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Getting crumpled so much by just hitting an under run-bar of a small size tempo is something really concerning. Though the speed of the vehicle isn't known in the video but by the looks of the traffic on road, must be around 50-60 km/h and assuming that, the damage caused is extensive. 36% high tensile steel used, Hartec platform is said to be quite rigid but in reality the facts seem to differ. I remember that Ciaz Vs i10 accident, in that too, CIAZ's front crumpled quite a lot and it was said the crumple zones did their job and all but frankly, the concern is very much there with regards to MSIL car's capability to withstand the impact. I have myself seen Celerio Vs Cycle Rickshaw and that time Celerio too got extensively damaged. From a purchaser's view point, I would say, there are options like AMEO Diesel, Ford Aspire & Tigor which give confidence of a better build quality in comparison to the Dzire. Let us not solely depend on the provision of ABS, EBD, Airbags etc rather we should be considering the quality of build as well when making a purchase decision. We live only once hence a compromise on FE is far better than compromise on the safety of life.

Though a Off-Topic Example but I'll share here, We all construct our homes and we fix all types of safety & security gadgets in it but if we compromise on the structure of the house itself by not using good quality iron & steel and other requisites, then the structure is bound to be flimsy and won't withstand test of time and no amount of safety gadgets can make it better. Hence, it is equally important to have a strong structure to complement the top notch safety devices.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom