Help Me Decide Best Family Car Under Rs.9.5 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys, hope you all doing great! Nowadays I'm out for shopping for brand new car, I'm upgrading from Maruti Suzuki WagonR VXI ABS, and I'm spoilt with lodz of choices. Thus I need your help in deciding the same.

We are family of four (Dad, Mom, Wife and Me) and Except me, who is of hieght of 5'11", rest everyone in the family is of average Indian hieght i.e 5'5".
The car would be driven by Myself and Dad and also we are keeping WagonR due to my emaotional attachment.
We are looking for following things in the car:
1) Safety
2) Comfort
3) Great build quality.

Our monthly run is about 500 KM mostly in Delhi Traffic and occassional highway runs of 200KM/Month.

The cars shortlisted are:
1) Mahindra KUV100 NXT D75 K8 Dual Tone ( On road 8.6 Lakhs)
2) Tata Tigor Z Optional Petrol ( 6.9 Lakhs on road)
3) TATA Nexon XT Diesel (9.27 Lakhs)
4) Hyundai i20 Asta Optional 2010 Petrol ( Rs 8.83 Lakhs)
5) Volkswagen POLO Comfortline Diesel ( Rs 9.10 Lakhs)
6) Volkswagen Ameo Highline Plus Diesel ( Rs 9. 9 Lakhs)
7) Maruti Suzuki Brezza ZDI (Rs 10 Lakhs)
8) Maruti Suzuki Dzire ZXI Plus ( Rs 9 Lakhs)

Well, these are the last Anything above 9.5 Lakhs is like super stretching my budget. Also my mother have Knee problem so looking for car with great sitting especially for rear passengers.

Help me to decide on and I will be keeping car for 6 Years atleast.

Thanks.

Re: Help me in deciding best car for my family under 9.5 Lakhs on road Delhi.

Hi Abhishady,
DZIRE ZXI + seems to be a perfect choice for you.
I think due to your mothers knee problem tall cars should be avoided like KUV and Brezza.
Also a petrol car seems more opt choice as your average running is on the lower side.

I'd suggest to forget anything with 3-cylinders.
After Maruti, only Hyundai will/can keep you happy. Personal experience!

i20 is a very capable car and fits your requirements perfectly. High seating cars would be problematic for your mother. Diesel cars will call for unnecessary maintenance unless your running is pretty high.

Try the new i20. I loved it! [;)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
I doubt the build quality of Maruti cars these days. Small hit and bang! However rI really like the overall package.

Correct, I'm inclining towards i20 aata optional save and secure, but I'm also looking Kuv100 Nxt it's a big car and mum felt like easy to get in like waggy.

But yes i20 is best. I'm trying to grab great deals.

Last edited by a moderator:

IF you are spending close to 10 lakhs then quality/features should be the first priority.

Ride and handling is personal preference, if you are driving enthusiast.

My suggestion is

- VW Polo TDI [highline +]
- VW Polo GT TDI [if you could add 1 lakh more to your budget]

for above both cars you get quality and super handling.

- Hyundai i20 Elite [Asta (O)] [Diesel/Petrol]
little less on handling as compared to POLO, but superb quality and feature rich car. This will give you a premium feel.

- Ford Figo Titanium+ [Diesel]
- Ford Figo S [Diesel]
This car is very good on quality build but not a feature rich [mostly infotainment system], but a perfect safe & powerful car.

Spending 10 lakhs for buying lower variants in any car does not make any sense to my view and experience. Take a thorough test drive of above mentioned car and you will drop out most of the car in your list. Also the Delhi traffic is a mess, so do not get into buying a sedan that too for occasional 200-300 kms highway trip a month.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

with just 500kms\month , don't buy a diesel car. you will spend more on the EMI's than fuel cost.

get i20 if you want a hatchback , ecosport or nexon if you want CUV.

I doubt the build quality of Maruti cars these days. Small hit and bang! However rI really like the overall package.

Correct, I'm inclining towards i20 aata optional save and secure, but I'm also looking Kuv100 Nxt it's a big car and mum felt like easy to get in like waggy.

But yes i20 is best. I'm trying to grab great deals.
KUV100 might feel big but in reality it's not. Easy for entry/exit is the only point going in its favour.

If you mother liked getting in and out of KUV100, I'd suggets you to check Honda-WRV EDGE EDITION Petrol at once. It's an S-MT petrol variant with some extra equipment. It's launched this weekend only, and you'll get the novelty factor attached to it for few months atleast.

AND, it's very much within your budget of 9.5 lakhs. You'll save a lakh. Happy Honda-ing. [:D]

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Hi Guys, hope you all doing great! Nowadays I'm out for shopping for brand new car, I'm upgrading from Maruti Suzuki WagonR VXI ABS, and I'm spoilt with lodz of choices. Thus I need your help in deciding the same.
You have the best one in terms of ingress and egress. One of the big Plus point of owning the Wagon R.

We are family of four (Dad, Mom, Wife and Me) and Except me, who is of hieght of 5'11", rest everyone in the family is of average Indian hieght i.e 5'5"
I am 6ft & dad 6ft 1 and honestly, at my age the ingress and egress isn't an issue but for dad getting off from a Honda CITY Vs Tata Tigor is a big thing. He finds a lot of ease in getting in & out of our Tigor.

The car would be driven by Myself and Dad and also we are keeping WagonR due to my emaotional attachment.
We are looking for following things in the car:
1) Safety
2) Comfort
3) Great build quality.
Keep the Wagon R as beater car. It is an easy one to keep. For the new one, based on your use i.e less 1K Kms I'll say go in for Tigor AMT Petrol or the Tigor XZ (o). I bought one in August last year. Absolutely brilliant package and so far 100% peace of mind. You can read my small review on Tigor Petrol here.

Our monthly run is about 500 KM mostly in Delhi Traffic and occassional highway runs of 200KM/Month.
Petrol suits best.

The cars shortlisted are:
1) Mahindra KUV100 NXT D75 K8 Dual Tone ( On road 8.6 Lakhs)
2) Tata Tigor Z Optional Petrol ( 6.9 Lakhs on road)
3) TATA Nexon XT Diesel (9.27 Lakhs)
4) Hyundai i20 Asta Optional 2010 Petrol ( Rs 8.83 Lakhs)
8) Maruti Suzuki Dzire ZXI Plus ( Rs 9 Lakhs)
My pick would either be i20 or Tigor. Tigor in comparison to Dzire top model is VFM even though Tigor has 3 Cyl Vs Dzire 4 Cyl petrol mill. My car has completed 8K+ kms and going totally smooth. Instead of the KUV, try to see the Ignis as well.

Well, these are the last Anything above 9.5 Lakhs is like super stretching my budget. Also my mother have Knee problem so looking for car with great sitting especially for rear passengers.
No need to stretch your budget any further. With the Tigor I feel your requirements will be fulfilled to a great extent.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom