Sell or Retain Innova?

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys,

We have an 2011 Innova,which we bought in 2016 July when it had run 76000 Kms at that time.Now,as of today,the odo reading is 1,06,000 Kms.Since the arrival of Honda City in July 2017,Innova has been used less except for few highway trips with family.I know that if we sell the Innova,we will fetch some good resale value.But,it’s bigger to drive and sips more fuel than our Honda City Diesel.Hence,came up with an idea whether to sell the Innova and get an AT Diesel car like Creta or Verna or retain the Innova and get a small petrol AT hatchback or AT Diesel for city use,but it will not replace Honda City.

Last edited:
Re: Sell or retain the Innova?

Selling looks a better idea to me as it has crossed 1lac kms plus its become more than 7year old. I know that INNOVA is capable of clocking much more with ease, but still my opinion is based on the point that the car has a newer and fresher version available now. 3 years down the line i dont think it will fetch more resale value as compared to selling it now.
Also you will get the option of entering the compact SUV segment which has captured the overall market sales.

Re: Sell or Retain the Innova?

Since you say the Innova is not being used much, I would suggest you sell it and get a creta or XUV diesel automatic. There is no point of maintaining it when it is not used. Even though there is a new generation of innova on sale , you can easily expect 8 lakh for your car.

Re: Sell or Retain the Innova?

can you clarify with your family and needs that in future , do you really need an mpv of this size, atleast please take this into your account.
at first we instantly would go for selling it, but there is another side of coin if you want to retain it, does the daily routine maintenance is causing you pains , if yes then go for restore it for your needs of you actually desire to own her for few years, but if they are less then take your decision swiftly.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
We have an 2011 Innova,which we bought in 2016 July when it had run 76000 Kms at that time.Now,as of today,the odo reading is 1,06,000 Kms.Since the arrival of Honda City in July 2017,Innova has been used less except for few highway trips with family.I know that if we sell the Innova,we will fetch some good resale value.But,it’s bigger to drive and sips more fuel than our Honda City Diesel.Hence,came up with an idea whether to sell the Innova and get an AT Diesel car like Creta or Verna or retain the Innova and get a small petrol AT hatchback or AT Diesel for city use,but it will not replace Honda City.
I hope you'll arrive to a conclusion this time much earlier than your other car purchases[:)] Why in just 30K you are having thoughts of selling off the Innova? Do remember your car is accidental and the re-sales would be impacted by it. Toyota Engines are quite reliable and long lasting so I don't think another 20-30K Kms would be an issue with your car. Also, getting a Diesel Verna when you have Diesel CITY with you won't be right decision in my view. I would say, Jeep Compass, Eco-Sport & Nexon, all can be a worthy contender too. They are smaller than Innova and do perform as an C-SUV quite well too. In comparison to Creta, all the other 3 are priced in a balanced way.

Regards

Akash

Re: Sell or retain the Innova?

Selling looks a better idea to me as it has crossed 1lac kms plus its become more than 7year old. I know that INNOVA is capable of clocking much more with ease, but still my opinion is based on the point that the car has a newer and fresher version available now. 3 years down the line i dont think it will fetch more resale value as compared to selling it now.
Also you will get the option of entering the compact SUV segment which has captured the overall market sales.
If you really don't need a 7 seated car then selling make sense considering less use.

Buying a sedan that too a City competitor does not make sense. I would suggest to go for Ford EcoSport, a great car with 1.5D engine that can serve your CITY and Highway trips.

Unless and until its a must to buy a new car for tax benifits only then you should be looking to sell this car and buy a new one.Also you would be investing back again on to new car which are the best depreciating assets so decide upon your needs which asks you to sell this innova or to retain it.

Thread Starter #8
Thanks people for the suggestions.Actually,whenever my mom takes Honda City along with my driver,my dad drives the Innova alone in city traffic and he finds bigger to drive the Innova in city traffic.Hence,we are thinking to sell the Innova and buy Creta AT or retain the Innova and buy an AT hatch by retaining Innova and City.

Top Bottom