Tata Nano AMT vs Datsun Redi-Go AMT: City Commute Car For Wife

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends - Iam looking for a 4 wheeler AMT vehicle for my wife only for the city commute. Earlier she was using Nano(Manual), and now she is looking for AMT.

I have zeroed on Nano(amt) and redigo(AMT). I have very good faith on the Nano, it never given trouble to us during its tenure. But considering the news tata may stop its production soon i am checking the other options.

My priority is only for city ride, size should be small. I have checked the Renault kwid amt but i dont like the 'knob', i got a feeling like a toy (No offence to owners, its just my personal feeling.)

So i have only 2 options nano and redigo. Please suggest me with your inputs.

thanks

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Looking for City Commute for wife: Nano(AMT) vs rediGO(AMT)

Nano AMT is a good machine with ample number of users being satisfied with it and Tata's after sales network support comes with it. However, my only reason to suggest the Redi Go AMT here is the option of the 1.0L engine. As for the production, unless & until there is a formal communication stating the closure of production of Nano let us not believe any rumors. Nano was the dream of Sir Ratan Tata and the Nano has seen many phases of the Tata brand and it has overcome many hurdles even in the past and it calmly co-exists with other TML cars till date so I don't think we should worry on that front. Suggest you one thing here,i.e, opt for the variant with the Airbag only.

Regards

Akash

Re: Looking for City Commute for wife: Nano(AMT) vs rediGO(AMT)

Hi Friends - Iam looking for a 4 wheeler AMT vehicle for my wife only for the city commute. Earlier she was using Nano(Manual), and now she is looking for AMT.

I have zeroed on Nano(amt) and redigo(AMT). I have very good faith on the Nano, it never given trouble to us during its tenure. But considering the news tata may stop its production soon i am checking the other options.

My priority is only for city ride, size should be small. I have checked the Renault kwid amt but i dont like the 'knob', i got a feeling like a toy (No offence to owners, its just my personal feeling.)

thanks
Between the two, RediGo, of course. Unlike Kwid, RediGo has conventional shifter - not rotary dial. It also has creep function unlike Kwid AMT. So for better power, better engine I would recommend RediGo over Nano and Kwid

Last edited:

thanks
Correct option's chosen, as your wife has already driven the MT Nano, but the GenX Nano feels better screwed together, and the AMT is a hoot to drive, I'm using one since 15months and 13xxx km, and just love it, have no issue's over speed bumps, bridges, bumper to bumper traffic, or shopping mall exits.

Never had the need to use the "S" mode, on my daily ride to drop wife to school, I cross a bridge and have to take an immediate left "U" turn, and if there is a car ahead while he is taking the reverse to complete his turn, I squeeze thru and enjoy the bewilderment [anger] look on his face.

The service provided by the 2 TASS is very good, I sometimes feel spoilt like a 'FERRARI' owner.

As others have suggested Redi-Go has a more powerful but noisy engine, I suggest you both take a TD of both cars, the price difference between the 2 must be anywhere between 50-80k.

My 'NMG's' story here:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-mountain-goat-dazzle-blue-tata-nano-xta.html

Regards
Vinod

hello CCprakash,
I would suggest you to buy Redigo AMT or you can stretch your budget to fit in Alto K10 AMT.
No doubt Nano has been a very good product, but of late whatever be the reason, the sales figures of Nano has come down drastically to 62 units in Jan'18.
I dont find any news or reason for the sales to jump higher. IMHO
Nothing to offend Tata Nano users.

Thread Starter #6
hello CCprakash,
I would suggest you to buy Redigo AMT or you can stretch your budget to fit in Alto K10 AMT.
No doubt Nano has been a very good product, but of late whatever be the reason, the sales figures of Nano has come down drastically to 62 units in Jan'18.
I dont find any news or reason for the sales to jump higher. IMHO
Nothing to offend Tata Nano users.
My only concern is that only.. Its not picking up the sales.. I know the capability of nano, its very good car for city, some how i felt, tata marketing team didnt do well for this tiny little nimble goat.

I have taken test drive of both nano, and redigo AMT. Quality and interiors wise redigo is far ahead even in the powertrain. I need to closely check the refinements of both.

As far as service is concerned, tata is ahead of datsun. May be i will take one more round of test drive of both the cars.. and update you..

Thanks you all for your suggestions...:-)

Nano is a legendary car in itself and is a fantastic car to drive in city. As a previous owner i can vouch for its usability BUT truth is - Nano is allowed to die its natural death. For today, better option will be Maruti alto amt, or Tiago amt(if you can increase the budget).

Thread Starter #8
I was thinking of Tiago AMT. But considering the traffic in benguluru iam looking for a small dimension car. My wife height is 5.4 and i felt view angle is good in nano and redigo. Even Tiago is better. But maruti and hyundai, their seating is bit low and road visibility is poor.

Top Bottom