• Grand i10

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • i20

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Figo

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
I wish to purchase an automatic car below 10 lakhs.
My wife who is 5ft 1 should also be able to drive it.
Rear camera preferred.
Right now I am thinking about buying DZire VXI.
Should I buy the diesel variant instead?
It is better to buy VXI and install Parking camera and sensors, than buying the 1.75 lakh more expensive ZXI+, right?

Attachments

Re: Dzire or Baleno ?

DZIRE VXI AT is beautiful car and a good choice.
Buying a diesel depends on your running, if its high go for a diesel or else petrol is good enough.

Could you list down your requirement on paper so that it will be easy for you to finalize a best car that will fulfill in every terms.

- budget
- no. of people travelling mostly
- physic of people most travelling
- type of use city/highway/town
- kms usage per month

If you answer above heading then, it will clearly make your way easy plus the members here will be able to suggest you accordingly.

Now as per your shortlisted cars,

Baleno & Dzire has good space and style, but only the top end variant has that all bells and whistle to stand out. Also the old 1.3 MJD is outdated, if you are planning for a diesel.

You may choose Polo GT TDi/TSi, if you really keen towards quality. But the maintenance could be issue if you do not respect the POLO!! [;)]

To my opinion Honda Jazz is quite overprized for the quality/features it offers. But its not a bad deal at all. I like the slogan for it "DIFFERENT IS STYLISH. DIFFERENT IS SEXY".

Grand i10 wouldn't be on my list, if I am spending 10 lakhs.

i20 is great car and the quality is slightly better than Baleno. It comes with space and lot of premium features, if you opt for a top end variant.

Figo Diesel [preferred S variant ] is my favorite. This car is real value for money; at price tag approx. 8.5 lakhs you can get a top end variant.

If you have B2B traffic, I would not suggest a AMT/DSG car, as it may large maintenance cost. CVT could be better choice like Nissan Micra, but its quite outdated.
So better try to learn an manual, so driving any car wouldn't be an issue in future.

kkn13

Suspended

Jazz, i20 or Baleno hands down

i20 has a decent torque converter AT to keep most people happy

Jazz and Baleno have CVTs that are good for efficiency and power balance, rubber band effect isnt too bad once you get the hang of it

All in all, all 3 cars mentioned have smooth transmissions, excellent cabins, good engines, good maintenance and reliability- best suited for a lady

AMT/DSG/DCT are best avoided due to maintenance and reliability issues along with jerky shifts in case of AMT

Avoid Nissan given the current issues in India and low sales

Akash1886

Honoured Member

My choice will be i20 & Figo. Reason, i20 looks a better deal than the Baleno if we compare the interior fit and finish. Secondly, the i20 facelift is launching in the Expo. Lastly, Elite i20 has bigger petrol engine (1.4L) with an AT in magna version. With the facelift coming in I am sure, you'll get a updated product from Hyundai. Coming to Ford, the option of 1.5L Engine +6 Airbags in top spec seals the deal for me. Also, do check the Sports variant of Figo twins. Service wise Ford has improved a lot and with various initiatives taken to make the car servicing more transparent and accessible to the customers I feel, Ford is really worth considering.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #7

Could you list down your requirement on paper so that it will be easy for you to finalize a best car that will fulfill in every terms.

- budget
- no. of people travelling mostly
- physic of people most travelling
- type of use city/highway/town
- kms usage per month

If you answer above heading then, it will clearly make your way easy plus the members here will be able to suggest you accordingly.

Now as per your shortlisted cars,

Baleno & Dzire has good space and style, but only the top end variant has that all bells and whistle to stand out. Also the old 1.3 MJD is outdated, if you are planning for a diesel.

You may choose Polo GT TDi/TSi, if you really keen towards quality. But the maintenance could be issue if you do not respect the POLO!! [;)]

To my opinion Honda Jazz is quite overprized for the quality/features it offers. But its not a bad deal at all. I like the slogan for it "DIFFERENT IS STYLISH. DIFFERENT IS SEXY".

Grand i10 wouldn't be on my list, if I am spending 10 lakhs.

i20 is great car and the quality is slightly better than Baleno. It comes with space and lot of premium features, if you opt for a top end variant.

Figo Diesel [preferred S variant ] is my favorite. This car is real value for money; at price tag approx. 8.5 lakhs you can get a top end variant.

If you have B2B traffic, I would not suggest a AMT/DSG car, as it may large maintenance cost. CVT could be better choice like Nissan Micra, but its quite outdated.
So better try to learn an manual, so driving any car wouldn't be an issue in future.

Budget below 10 lakh
We are a family of four. I am working in middle east. So my wife will be driving it to her office which is inside 15 kms. Wife is 5ft 1. I am 6 ft.

Traffic is a city like in my place. That is why automatic.
We may go for a family trip every 5 months.

kkn13

Suspended
Re: Maruti Dzire or Baleno?

Dont go for Ford if AT is a consideration

Figo has a DCT, not suited for bumper to bumper conditions and will be expensive to maintain
Figo is only exceptional if opted with the 1.5 Diesel manual

Re: Maruti Dzire or Baleno?

Figo Petrol if running is low, and if you can wait till 2nd quarter of this year for 1.2 L dragon series engine.
Figo Diesel otherwise hands down. Doesn't have a back camera though, but I think can be installed at the dealership.

Budget below 10 lakh
We are a family of four. I am working in middle east. So my wife will be driving it to her office which is inside 15 kms. Wife is 5ft 1. I am 6 ft.

Traffic is a city like in my place. That is why automatic.
We may go for a family trip every 5 months.
1) Dzire VXi AMT is a car which can help her in being confident while driving. You'll get all features and safety kit. And you'll be saving a big money in buying it! Add-ons like rear camera etc. are quite inexpensive these days, hence better to get them from after market.

2) i20 Magna AT is beyond my understanding. A great car at insanely exorbitant price. Instead, Xcent S-AT is a better car. Reasonably priced and comfortable to own/drive. A complete no-nonsense car.

3) Third contender can Ford Ecosport Trend+ 1.5L Ti-VCT AT.
Being a potent cSUV, it will put you at ease while she is driving in your absence.

Since WRV happened, Jazz started to look outdated. No use buying her a car which nobody notices. I hope you got point.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11

1) Dzire VXi AMT is a car which can help her in being confident while driving. You'll get all features and safety kit. And you'll be saving a big money in buying it! Add-ons like rear camera etc. are quite inexpensive these days, hence better to get them from after market.

2) i20 Magna AT is beyond my understanding. A great car at insanely exorbitant price. Instead, Xcent S-AT is a better car. Reasonably priced and comfortable to own/drive. A complete no-nonsense car.

3) Third contender can Ford Ecosport Trend+ 1.5L Ti-VCT AT.
Being a potent cSUV, it will put you at ease while she is driving in your absence.

Since WRV happened, Jazz started to look outdated. No use buying her a car which nobody notices. I hope you got point.
How do you see Baleno Alpha CVT?

Somehow I feel that with a bloated look, Baleno is wider in external dimensions. Under a non-seasoned driver, it tend to get multiple dents in first few months. I may be wrong here in this assumption, but I have seen many many such Balenos in Delhi/NCR.

Baleno as a car in itself is complete, and nothing major to be worried about.

I would still say to go for manual, but if you are very much firm with automatic then Honda Jazz vCVT will be the best to go for. A car with EURO NCAP 4 star rating, with all bells and whistle to give a premium feel.

kkn13

Suspended
CVT in Jazz and Baleno is vastly superior to AMT frankly and more reliable too
All other factors aside

Top Bottom