Respected PetrolHeads ,
Firstly , i apologize to all of you , for i have always asked for help from TAI
but never returned the Favour.
I do intend to and will make up for it soon
Furthermore a Brief Description on my previous set of wheels and the problems i faced in the past 5 years .
In march 2012 , i purchased Swift VDI ( New Model ) , initially i was very happy with the peppy engine , the pickup, but later the car started showing signs of aging and being a Maruti in itself.
Year One - Went by very well but at the end i realized the engine noise was a bit harsh. but at the end i used to drive a bit harsh too ( young blood
Year Two - Engine Vibrations too became very much noticeable and later i met an accident where the car was rear ended and hence the boot floor was damaged , fortunately no damage to chasis and the roof . and at the end averted a huge accident and learned the brakes are pathetic ...
Later in year 2 the car started making lots and lots of noises from doors , boot , bumpers and what not.finally at the end i also learned no matter how much you care maruti car Rattles . the rattles just don't go away .
Year Three - Many noises were catered but the Breakes , Suspension and some steering rod , some mounts were deteriorated hence had to be replaced .
Year Four - Tyres , Rear Suspension , and mostly Cabin noise issues like doors and boot door plastic noise were catered.
( Boot , Door and other plastics were checked for noise every 3-4 months )
Year Five - same noise , broken pipe , horn and mony more parts started wearing off due to use . however by this time i started caring less for the vehicle coz it was not fun , peppy but rather felt unsafe and like maintaning a white elephant .
All said and done , i am now selling it off and only thing i am happy about is that i am getting good Resale Value . but the car hogged around 15k every year for maintainence .. and trust me Swift is not easy on the pocket.
Dear Maruti Suzuki if you are listening Please! Please! PLease! Improve the plastic quality and their way of Fitting ... coz the major rattling is due to the parts dont fit properly the plastic switched just come our easily and start to rattle.
Finally Off to a Fresh Start , and Confused at the beginning .
The Story Continues ...
I started looking for a new car once my last Emi for Swift was banked . But did not go find anything suitable so i waited . and finally i got an upfront offer and i took it . So the Swift is sold and i am to buy a new Companion for my Daily Commute.
My Requirement Is Simple but too much to ask for .
1. Good Build Quality for Rattle Free Ride ( silence is what i like )
2. Less Vibrations
For safety while panic breaking
4. Good FE figures Coz my Daily usage is fairly high mostly because the car is stationed with the Air-Con on . for an Hr Every day . ( I like to be in a closed environment while working it relaxes me and lets me concentrate on work )
5. Should be Below 7.5 Lakhs ( 7.5 is my upper limit )
My usage is about 40-45 KM of running Daily with minimal Air-Con and about 1/2 hour to 1Hr the car is Idle with Air-Con.
So i went on to explore the options i Have
1. Ford Aspire - Loved it but the petrol Engine is Sluggish and FE is Weakest and finally their Resale Value is super low . but due to their huge Discounts and it checks out for most of my requirement i have shortlisted it.
2. Baleno - My Last resort. have tested it , its the same as swift but spacious and with better features hence is my last resort , so kept aside for now.
3. Dzire - Had a Test Drive yesterday , The Build Quality is Cheaper than my Swift also the outside noise is not cancelled at all
but however i have shortlisted it for if i am left with no other option .
4. Amaze - Loved it but Lacks a lot of features and is Very Expensive .
5. Jazz - Loved it V Model is very expensive but Honda is offering discounts and have shortlisted it .
6. Xcent - Out from day 1 , not even considered to buy as every Ola and Uber is a Xcent hence staying away from it . either ways i dont like hyundai at all. their quality is a bit better than maruti but aspire i find to be better option.
7. Ameo - 3Ltr Petrol Engine is very noisy , albeit very punchy but noisy .
Tata , Hyundai , Nissan , Renault are the brands i dont trust and hence i am not looking for the options. Albeit Tata is improving but it still is not an option coz i dont Trust their Engines and Overall Quality .
Finally I am stuck between Drire , Aspire & Jazz .. below are the points where i am unable to decide .
1. Aspire ( Titanium or Titanium sports ) - super good car but engine is sluggish needs Gear Shift every time i brake or wish to push a little . but then is the cheapest option at around 7.0 lk Titanium
2. Dzire - Engine is good , Features are good but the car Rattles ( even the TD Vehicle was rattling ) and Swift's Suspension becomes very stiff in a year hence the ride quality is also very bumpy after a year. and the zxi model is costing 8.0 lk and the vxi model lacks a lot of good features which i wish to have and the difference is of 75k between vxi and zxi .
3.Amaze - I like the car but only the SX model which is costing around 8.2 lk and has no discounts in the given Variant.
4.Jazz - V model is superb . i like the car feels a bit like i am sitting in an suv ( i prefer a sedan over suv ) but i can manage . took a TD Today loved everything about it. Feels good too . waiting for final pricing from the dealer .
So now i am confused for if i must chooze Dzire or Aspire or Jazz.
Kindly share your inputs which will help me choose the appropriate car.
To those who are Suzuki fans , i dont mean no offense , i just shared what i Experienced , maybe i am alone to have faced such issues but in the end i did and i felt like sharing.
Please do share your inputs