Which One Best To Go? Tata Tiago XZA AMT or Maruti Wagon-R VXi+ AMT

Thread Starter #1
Hi Folks, I want to buy a Automatic hatchback which is cheaper for my pocket and worth to buy. After all, I have shortlisted the below two. Which is best for long term reliability?

1) Tata Tiago XZA
2) WagonR Vxi AMT (or) WagonR Vxi+ AMT
(Is that any noticeable feature of WagonR Vxi+ varient? - which is only exterior modification i think, but not sure)

Hope i can get best advices here.. [:)]

Re: Which One Best To Go? Tata Tiago XZA AT or Maruti Wagon-R VXi+ AMT

Tata Tiago XZA is equipped with a AMT. The Maruti Suzuki WagonR VXI+ AMT is just the Stingray.

Only thing WagonR VXI+ has over the Tiago is projector low beams.

Other than that, feature to feature, the WagonR don't even stand a chance over the Tiago XZA.

Have you test driven both of the cars?
Unless you want a Tall Boy car for upright driving position, and Fuzz free ownership of a Maruti Suzuki WagonR, the Tiago is a far far better choice.
Instead of the WagonR, the Celerio ZXI has better switchgear borrowed from the Swift cousins.
No Hyundai car on the shortlist? Ignis AMT?

Last edited:
Ingress and egress - Wagon R. Tiago is below average in this.
Price -Wagon R slightly cheaper
Reliability - Wagon R
Size - Wagon R is very small except height. Its a strict 4 seater. Tiago is substantially wider and can seat 5 without much fuss. Its longer, has bigger boot, bigger engine.
Mileage - Wagon R better but Tiago Diesel much better.
Safety - Hands down Tiago has good built quality when compared to tins. Better Safety features.
Convenience - Tiago has much more features.
Music - Hands down Tiago. Beats any premium hatchback also in this.
Interior and MID - Tiago no doubt.
Engine - Tiago has more Torque and power and it shows on the highways but in city Wagon R is more agile and has better pickup in lower gears. Tiago has bigger engine but Wagon R has smoother one. Wagon R is super light but Tiago is heavy car.
Tiago is more aerodynamic.
Looks - Tiago
Overall - Tiago is much better.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Reliability - Wagon R
Can you please describe this one?

Tata Tiago XZA is equipped with a AMT. The Maruti Suzuki WagonR VXI+ AMT is just the Stingray.

Only thing WagonR VXI+ has over the Tiago is projector low beams.

Other than that, feature to feature, the WagonR don't even stand a chance over the Tiago XZA.

Have you test driven both of the cars?
Unless you want a Tall Boy car for upright driving position, and Fuzz free ownership of a Maruti Suzuki WagonR, the Tiago is a far far better choice.
Instead of the WagonR, the Celerio ZXI has better switchgear borrowed from the Swift cousins.
No Hyundai car on the shortlist? Ignis AMT?
Driven Ignis AMT, but not felt as much smoothness. Due to budget didn't added Hyundai i10. Celerio AMT also has some jerks.

Hi Folks, I want to buy a Automatic hatchback which is cheaper for my pocket and worth to buy. After all, I have shortlisted the below two. Which is best for long term reliability?

1) Tata Tiago XZA
2) WagonR Vxi AMT (or) WagonR Vxi+ AMT
(Is that any noticeable feature of WagonR Vxi+ varient? - which is only exterior modification i think, but not sure)

Hope i can get best advices here.. [:)]
Sir,
I am in the same situation.
WagonR VXi+ (O) or Tiago XZA ?
I have completed the test drive for both the car. Where i found Tiago is far far better then WagonR.

Just For your information. I am a existing Maruti car owner. I have a Ertiga ZXi.
Here is my thread :
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...i-ertiga-zxi-buying-ownership-experience.html

But now i need a automatic for city and occasional highway shot drive.

If i look the feature list, Build quality, Engine and drive than Tiago is the winner.
Only Wagon R is little cheper.

So i have almost decided to go for a Tiago. I will book the car in few days.
Waiting for the Dec month offer. :)

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
Ingress and egress - Wagon R. Tiago is below average in this.
Price -Wagon R slightly cheaper
Reliability - Wagon R
Size - Wagon R is very small except height. Its a strict 4 seater. Tiago is substantially wider and can seat 5 without much fuss. Its longer, has bigger boot, bigger engine.
Mileage - Wagon R better but Tiago Diesel much better.
Safety - Hands down Tiago has good built quality when compared to tins. Better Safety features.
Convenience - Tiago has much more features.
Music - Hands down Tiago. Beats any premium hatchback also in this.
Interior and MID - Tiago no doubt.
Engine - Tiago has more Torque and power and it shows on the highways but in city Wagon R is more agile and has better pickup in lower gears. Tiago has bigger engine but Wagon R has smoother one. Wagon R is super light but Tiago is heavy car.
Tiago is more aerodynamic.
Looks - Tiago
Overall - Tiago is much better.
Size is not true, Wagon R seats 5 better than Tiago and higher seating is better. Tiago barely has any space inside, still its better than Polo/Ameo.
Engine is more or less equal because of the weight difference, neither is a performer compared to engines like K12, 1.2 IVTEC, 1.3 MJD etc
Looks is subjective, Wagon R's Stingray headlamps make it look great especially at night. Tiago has a typical Indica design to it. Both are hate it or love it.
Tiago has lesser body roll though.
Overall, both are good for what they do.

Sir,
I am in the same situation.
WagonR VXi+ (O) or Tiago XZA ?
I have completed the test drive for both the car. Where i found Tiago is far far better then WagonR.

Just For your information. I am a existing Maruti car owner. I have a Ertiga ZXi.
Here is my thread :
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...i-ertiga-zxi-buying-ownership-experience.html

But now i need a automatic for city and occasional highway shot drive.

If i look the feature list, Build quality, Engine and drive than Tiago is the winner.
Only Wagon R is little cheper.

So i have almost decided to go for a Tiago. I will book the car in few days.
Waiting for the Dec month offer. :)
Then go for Tiago, youll get some variety and some extra goodies
Ertiga will complement the car better in its shortcomings

Last edited:
Size is not true, Wagon R seats 5 better than Tiago and higher seating is better. Tiago barely has any space inside, still its better than Polo/Ameo.
Engine is more or less equal because of the weight difference, neither is a performer compared to engines like K12, 1.2 IVTEC, 1.3 MJD etc
Looks is subjective, Wagon R's Stingray headlamps make it look great especially at night. Tiago has a typical Indica design to it. Both are hate it or love it.
Tiago has lesser body roll though.
Overall, both are good for what they do.

I don't agree a bit about the Indica design as Tiago has a distinct design of its own and everybody agrees to that. Not sure how you compare Wagon R size with Tiago and even Polo. You must check the dimensions. Wagon R is too small. Cant digest it can better than the others. Its the narrowest car in the country along with Alto and can never seat 5.

Driven Ignis AMT, but not felt as much smoothness. Due to budget didn't added Hyundai i10. Celerio AMT also has some jerks.
All AMT equipped cars will have jerky power delivery in low gears. It is something that I can easily live with and considering my driving style and the driving scenario here, I choosed the Celerio AMT over a Micra CVT.
Don't expect torque convertor or CVT like smoothness from a AMT. And also don't just look only for smoothness, drivability is also important.
I have driven Polo GT TSI as well as Tiago petrol manual transmission. Polo Gt TSI is in a league of its own.
Tiago is heavy and the power to weight ratio is similar to a Celerio even though the engine has more displacement.
The Ignis 1.2 l 4 cylinder petrol engine is far superior to the Tata 3 cylinder.
Hyundai Grand i10 AT is a guzzler. Period.

kkn13

Suspended
I don't agree a bit about the Indica design as Tiago has a distinct design of its own and everybody agrees to that. Not sure how you compare Wagon R size with Tiago and even Polo. You must check the dimensions. Wagon R is too small. Cant digest it can better than the others. Its the narrowest car in the country along with Alto and can never seat 5.
I dont think youve sat in these cars then
Narrow doesnt matter, it doesnt have a floor hump like Tiago and Polo
Wagon R small? It lacks floor hump, engine bay is smaller, its height is more and seating is more upright, certainly more comfortable than Tiago and Polo when it comes to seating more than 2
Sit in the mentioned cars first before commenting

Also Tiago definitely has an Indica design vibe to it and its even based on the Indica platform

You are quite off the mark regarding width of WagonR, Tiago

I own both WagonR and Nano XTA, the official width of former is 1475-1495 and later's width is 1495mm.

So theoretically for me 3 medium sized adults are quite comfortable in the Nano and the WagonR, however practically both can seat a child each on their laps due to the height.

Now coming to Tiago it's width is 1647mm, so 3 med. sized adults should not be a squeeze, Tiago owners could clarify. I'll still suggest Tiago as its a new gen car with usable bells & whistles.

regards
vinod

I dont think youve sat in these cars then
Narrow doesnt matter, it doesnt have a floor hump like Tiago and Polo
Wagon R small? It lacks floor hump, engine bay is smaller, its height is more and seating is more upright, certainly more comfortable than Tiago and Polo when it comes to seating more than 2
Sit in the mentioned cars first before commenting

Also Tiago definitely has an Indica design vibe to it and its even based on the Indica platform
Platform cannot identify a car. I don't feel any vibe after sitting, driving both cars extensively. Sooner Tiago is moving to new platform so will that make it a different car compared to the current car? I have sat once in polo but driven Tiago and Wagon R extensively so you're wrong here. Width and well cushioned seats with good under thigh support and good backrest angle matter more. Polo being a premium and longer and narrower car provides best comfort which is better than Tiago and miles better than Wagon R. Wagon R's seats are very upright and sitting angle is suitable only for short rides. Not at all comfortable for long rides. Also the width is so narrow that from driver seat you can open passenger door without bending. Sitting 3 at rear is a disaster in wagon r with the super narrow body. Not at all practical. Sure height gives a very good headroom which Polo and Tiago lack.

kkn13

Suspended
TLDR you probably havent sat in the cars
Tiago and Polo have a floor hump

Im not talking about seat comfort, Wagon R barely has any and the other 2 arent very good either but better than Wagon R
Tiago and Polo middle seat is unusable compared to most other hatches

Paper dimensions dont matter otherwise cars like Polo would be more comfortable than Jazz purely because on paper, its similar dimensions

Also Wagon R's raised dashboard and smaller engine bay means more legroom and cabin length

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
My Requirements are simple:
1) Reliable car
2) Maintenance Free
3) Good for Hills and Off Road Conditions
4) Mileage
5) Easy driving for my narrow streets as we have many in my location
6) good for long drives without body pains? (previously i felt it on my k10 :( )

Which is good?!

Last edited:
My Requirements are simple:
1) Reliable car
2) Maintenance Free
3) Good for Hills and Off Road Conditions
4) Mileage
5) Easy driving for my narrow streets as we have many in my location
6) good for long drives without body pains? (previously i felt it on my k10 :( )

Which is good?!
Your Budget range?

Top Bottom