Advice on Buying a Used Toyota Camry W1 MT

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys

Was interested in buying a pre owned Toyota camary which are available in mouth watering prices for 2002/2004 models, for which i will get airbags ABS, safer car compared to other brands available under the 2 lac options.
Since Toyota are know to be very reliable cars. but the camary did not do good regarding the sales in India due to the high prices, But aboard People have just praises for the camary, My usage is around 500km in a month and a couple of highway drives in a year
wanted the safe car with airbags and abs. I know the spares will cost a lot, but considering it is a Toyota should require a few, this particular model is a second owner 2004 vehicle with around 75k on the odometer which is nothing for a camary... I do have a technical background and can work on cars. People who have owned a camary please advice regarding the maintenance, fuel mileage and any additional tips and tricks, and please advice should i buy or stick with my current drive which is a humble Maruti esteem lxi...........[:)]

Re: Advice on buying a Used Toyota Camary W1 MT

Hi Guys

Was interested in buying a pre owned Toyota camary which are available in mouth watering prices for 2002/2004 models, for which i will get airbags ABS, safer car compared to other brands available under the 2 lac options.
Since Toyota are know to be very reliable cars. but the camary did not do good regarding the sales in India due to the high prices, But aboard People have just praises for the camary, My usage is around 500km in a month and a couple of highway drives in a year
wanted the safe car with airbags and abs. I know the spares will cost a lot, but considering it is a Toyota should require a few, this particular model is a second owner 2004 vehicle with around 75k on the odometer which is nothing for a camary... I do have a technical background and can work on cars. People who have owned a camary please advice regarding the maintenance, fuel mileage and any additional tips and tricks, and please advice should i buy or stick with my current drive which is a humble Maruti esteem lxi...........[:)]
If indeed it's a genuine 75k km run 13 years old Camary for just 2L then go for it, I've used quite a few in my Gulf sojourn, and owned the grand dad of the Camary, Cressida for about 10 years.

Get the service history from the ASS, the things which will have to be replaced/repaired in suspension bushes and other mechanical bushes.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Advice on buying a Used Toyota Camary W1 MT

Avoid the car because after 2 years you'll have to repay for the fitness and re-validate the registration. Even though Toyota Engines are good still the age of the car is too much. Had it been a 10 year old car then for once I would have though about it even if it came for 4-5 Lacs.

Regards

Akash

kkn13

Suspended
Id say go for a used 2007-2009 Accord instead for 2-3L (Alot of examples in Mumbai) , youll get a much newer,safer car meaning lesser hassles and I owned the CRV for 10 years which shares alot of parts
While parts are expensive, the car was deadly reliable and part changes were very rare if the car is well maintained

You will need to thoroughly examine the car before buying, coz the spare cost is too high for this model. Even if the built quality is really good but maintaining this could bring a scratch on the pocket.

Hi Guys

Being somebody who still has decade old car at home, i would like to add my 2 cents here.

You will really need to thoroughly examine the car for rusting. I own a Honda city and recently got rid of Innova (9 yrs old too) and both of these cars had rust issues which had to be fixed. Most of these were in areas where an unsuspected buyer may not even check. For the city, i actually discovered the issue first when i got the carpets of the boot out. Additionally, the engine bay structure is something that you may want to check as well.

If all looks good and the car is mechanically fine, you may to consider the additional expenses you will have to bear for the re-taxation/registration/fitness (not sure if all apply).

BTW, you may be able to get a couple of newer Accords for that price if you are looking for something in that segment.

hope that helps

Top Bottom