Buying a Car Under Rs.15 Lakh. Need Your Help!

Thread Starter #1
Planning to buy a car under 15L rs. Got super confused between Ciaz/Verna/City. We need top model Diesel variant. With City I have heard about the not good engine as compared to its petrol variant. Whereas Verna has bit less space and the suspension problem. So Ciaz was the top priority. But the problem is there is news that in Jan/Feb Ciaz is coming with a new model with more features. Can you help me with this should I wait or should I go ahead with Honda city diesel/Verna/Ciaz... Can you help me if Honda City in diesel is worth a buy or suspension problem is still there in Verna or is Ciaz coming in jan/feb? so that i can make me decision accordingly.

Re: Planning a Car under 15L!! Need your help!!

Ciaz.

1) You have selected 3 cars in the same category, that's good. All are value for money, with good FE, service network, and resale value. You didn't mix performance, style or brand value cars with value for money cars.

2) Your worries:
City - diesel engine not so good as petrol one
Verna - space and suspension problems
Ciaz - new model coming soon
-- Here for City and Verna, you have mentioned real problems. For Ciaz, it is only new model coming. Not any issue with current model.

3) All 3 of them have good service netwrok, but Maruti has wider network with possibly multiple service centres near your place compared to single (in most case) centre for Honda or Hyundai. Having multiple service centres is a good thing.

Are you stick to buying a SEDAN or you are open to other body types?

If NO, then check out FORD ECOSPORTS Diesel or Petrol. Both of them are really good at VFM. Diesel 1.5L 100 PS motor comes with 205Nm of torque where as petrol comes in 1.5L 125 PS motor and 150Nm of torque. You get and option of AT with paddle shift for petrol. EcoSports now comes with huge list of features that stand apart from its rivals. Ford also claims the service and maintenance cost to be efficient as compared to others.

If you are looking for some driver oriented car then look at FIAT LINEA 125 T Jet. This car is meant to built for the driving enthusiast with top class finish and robust quality. The material quality is super at this price tag. Its a 1.4L turbo petrol car with exceptional ride and handling. It sits on 16" wide tyres for better grip. Check out at FIAT dealership who can explain about this car technical specs in details.

City and Verna equal contenders with big list of features on both car. HONDA's are best at engine where as Hyundai's are best at giving upmarket and features loaded cars.

CIAZ is just a long under power car which manages well to sit in between Verna and City with it's big ASS and affordable ownership.

Planning to buy a car under 15L rs. Got super confused between Ciaz/Verna/City. We need top model Diesel variant. With City I have heard about the not good engine as compared to its petrol variant. Whereas Verna has bit less space and the suspension problem. So Ciaz was the top priority. But the problem is there is news that in Jan/Feb Ciaz is coming with a new model with more features. Can you help me with this should I wait or should I go ahead with Honda city diesel/Verna/Ciaz... Can you help me if Honda City in diesel is worth a buy or suspension problem is still there in Verna or is Ciaz coming in jan/feb? so that i can make me decision accordingly.
At present , of these three cars, the Verna is the one to pick. It has a refined, powerful and reliable diesel engine, newer platform, and is priced well as compared to the Honda City. The Honda City is great in the petrol variant, but the Diesel engine lacks punch and also is not as refined as the competition.

The Ciaz is the fuel efficiency champion here, and is good value for money, but it loses it with the under powered diesel engine. Also, in terms of features and interiors, it feels like a generation behind the Verna and City. The new Ciaz would be coming early next year with new engines, but if you are going for a Diesel , I would suggest you not to pick up the new engines soon after the launch. Though, Maruti is a great brand, Diesel engines are something Maruti has not been good at. All their cars till date have had diesel engines from other manufacturers, and their only attempt on a diesel was the Celerio diesel, which was a flop. It would be better to see the market response and the reliability of the new Diesel engine, before going for it.

Taking that into consideration, I would suggest you to go for the Verna.

kkn13

Suspended
I think go for Verna diesel or City petrol
Another great option is the Ecosport diesel

City diesel is a bit crude but not as bad as everyone says, but nothing compared to 1.3 MJD and 1.6 CRDI of Hyundai in terms of refinement

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
what's your daily running ? if it's not above 50kms per day don't buy the diesel.
even i will chose the verna. the suspension has been sorted out and there's no problem anymore.

Handling has always been a point of contention in the old Verna and, thankfully, Hyundai has worked really hard to fix this with the new car. A completely revised steering geometry and a stiffer chassis have gone a long way to address these handling woes, resulting in the new car being significantly better to drive than the previous one.
source

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
Yeah I find newer Hyundais steering to be more precise than before
Steering feedback is better than VW/Skoda imho but Honda is a bit better here(Not a dealbreaker , both Hyundai and Honda impressed me here)

Top Bottom