Recommend Compact SUV in Price Range Upto Rs.11 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
Hi
looking to buy a Compact SUV upto 11 lacs
Min 100 BHP
@1500 cc engine
good ground clearance
To seat 5 or the whole back section including seats to fully folded to get max space for storage
self driven
Diesel or Petrol both ok.
ABS.EBD etc reqd

Self Driven
Confused between TUV 300/EcoSport\NovaSport and Barezza

please advice

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi
looking to buy a Compact SUV upto 11 lacs

Self Driven
Confused between TUV 300/EcoSport\NovaSport and Barezza
As per your above options, I would say Eco-Sport and other worthy contenders in your budget include Nexon and I am giving here another option to you to consider i.e FIAT Avventura because both Brezza & Avventura have same engine but honestly I feel the built quality of FIAT is much better than Maruti in comparison.

Regards

Akash

kkn13

Suspended
Avventure legroom isnt that great either and FCA is only concentrating on Jeep right now so I would be wary of buying a Fiat right now unless they launch any new cars
Funny thing is, they were offering 2015 cars upto mid 2017 meaning no new cars were being made in that period
Also Fiat cars have very odd driving position and clutch, many enthusiasts had this one complaint
I was also considering Abarth Punto before but Im considering Compass 1.4

If you need a proven contender then Renault Duster 110 PS is always there, but with its old school interior you will need to compromise. There is new addition to this family, the Captur, I haven't driven it so cant comment.

Secondly the new Ford Eco Sports is always a better option to go for. The Titanium+ Diesel variant would be always a better deal. Now Ford claims that spare and service is much cheaper than its contender.

The all new Tata Nexon is also the third option, but it looks little smaller than above two market leader, but feature it gives cannot be ignored.

If you like the boxy style with rugged looks than Mahindra TUV300 has all guts to stand in this competition and why not it have gens from SUV car makers.

TD all the above and you will be able to finalize one easily.

In my opinion, the Ecosport is the best bet- save for its inconvenient boot loading, followed by the Nexon. The Vitara Brezza may be selling like hot cakes, but its a very neutral sort of a car, nothing special other than a 198mm GC. Even the Baleno's boot space is equal to that of the Brezza.
TUV/NuvoSport have poor dynamics compared to the rest of the monocoque chassis designs.

if you want the best all rounder, Nexon is excellent at that. It's the most powerful and most spacious also. It also happens to be the most affordable too. Take a TD and you'll surely be bowled over.
Ecosport can't take 5 adults and it's quite cramped as well. It's also a bit pricier.
Brezza just can't be compared against these. It's boring and dated.

kkn13

Suspended
^^ While Ecosport rear bench isnt as comfy as the other 2, it certainly has the best front seats and driving position as well as suspension and dynamics
It might be a bit pricier but quality of plastics , fit and finish is better on Ecosport
Clutch of Nexon-petrol and diesel is too springy and the difference in power is barely felt
On paper, it looked like it would beat 1.6 TDI of VW but its not as explosive at all

Brezza has its own pros such as its excellent clutch and steering
MID and Smartplay are better than Nexons
Brezza is more comfy, front and back owing to its slightly smaller boot

That said, Ecosport is easily the best all rounder
Ford after sales, while a hit or miss compared to Maruti and driving dynamics takes the cake from Nexon

Take a TD, Ecosport is a well rounded package for the premium asked

Last edited:
^^ While Ecosport rear bench isnt as comfy as the other 2, it certainly has the best front seats and driving position as well as suspension and dynamics
It might be a bit pricier but quality of plastics , fit and finish is better on Ecosport
Clutch of Nexon-petrol and diesel is too springy and the difference in power is barely felt
On paper, it looked like it would beat 1.6 TDI of VW but its not as explosive at all

Brezza has its own pros such as its excellent clutch and steering
MID and Smartplay are better than Nexons
Brezza is more comfy, front and back owing to its slightly smaller boot

That said, Ecosport is easily the best all rounder
Ford after sales, while a hit or miss compared to Maruti and driving dynamics takes the cake from Nexon

Take a TD, Ecosport is a well rounded package for the premium asked
I'm not sure whether you have driven the Nexon or not, but the Nexon ride quality simply beats the Ecosport hand's down. My grandpa owns an Ecosport and I know how different they feel. Nexon is far more easier to handle in city whereas it's totally a pain to drive the Ecosport in city due to it's atrocious blind spots.All reviews also say that in handling, Nexon matches the Ecosport, if not bettering it. Ecosport has a lot of missing bits now; the back seat is too upright and cramped, the lack of bottle holders at the rear is amusing and although being a big car, it is pretty cramped on the inside if I am at the driver's seat. I'm just 5'10"!
Bro I don't think you tried pushing the Nexon in Sport mode. It's not got that sudden punch, but it just pulls and pulls strong like a train in Sport mode all the way upto 150kmph, beyond which, it takes some time.
That Nexon's springy clutch is there for a purpose. It's a self adjusting clutch which preserves clutch life and prevents it from getting Harder with time. You gotta get used to it, then you'll be happy for a long time.
The Brezza! Oh how can I explain the comparatively heavier and sloppy steering and hard damn clutch? That engine also is like a monument on wheels. It gets so sluggish over time. I own an Ertiga FYI. Brezza has got no advantage over the above two cars except for that power-to weight ratio, which is a result of it's typical Maruti lightweight, flimsy body and bad plastics. Comfort is nothing compared to the Nexon.
Ecosport is definitely better built on the inside and out, but the Nexon isn't too far and both are very extensively equipped. Just that Nexon offers more comfort, space and value for money. Service is also vastly improving with Tata now.
Ford service, I really don't know but I got to hear that it isn't cheap and lot of complaints regarding parts quality.
Maruti service! Oh yes, they are everywhere; in fact every nook and corner, just so that they can pick your purse, while wearing white or blue collar formals and giving you a bill for that as well. I AM PAYING 15000 RUPEES PER SERVICE FOR MY ERTIGA EVERY 6 MONTHS! Enough said.
These are my views and experiences with these three cars.

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
My brother has Brezza and its clear you are just being biased to Nexon
Its clutch and steering is far smoother than Nexon, probably on par with my City IVTEC
We owned 3 Ritz diesels in my nucleated joint family and before that 2 Swift diesels , 2 of which crossed 1.5L km mark and even then they were smooth and average maintenance per year never crossed Rs5000 mark.
Also Tata used the same 1.3 MJD in many of their cars but it was never as good to drive or maintain like Maruti, Fiat and Chevrolet's iterations of the same engine
The tough clutch and rubbery gearshifts were proof of that,I doubt Tata has come ahead given the Zest is a fairly recent product
1.3 MJD was alot of things but never sluggish especially in city traffic where the tuning was spot on
Ecosport does have blindspots and the worse rear seat, Ill give you that but otherwise Nexon has no comparison with Ecosport, its front seats and driving position are miles ahead of Nexon. Ingress-Egress is also better in Ecosport, many people here including me felt Nexon is severly lacking here
Also complaints regarding part quality??

My brother owned Safari Storme, the amount of issues he faced, forced him to sell the car and get a used XUV500 (also niggle ridden, but easier to tackle and far better to own)

I like how you automatically assume Tata cars are safer without proof, may I remind you of the 0 star Zest incident after which they made a "reinforced" chassis to pass the test for a production car..... meaning there are 0 star and 3 star Zests on our roads today

Service of Tata? Like the guy who got a lemon Nexon in our very forums whereas there have been a lot of incidents in other forums where Ford has replaced the entire car or engine

I believe you are a Tata employee as per your past posts , so no point arguing further

Intelligible beings will take TDs and see my observations to be correct or go through the Nexon/Ecosport thread where alot of others have also reciprocated the same observations
150kmph is an illegal speed and Nexon engine lacked punch compared to other diesels in the range
It is a bit better than 1.3 MJD though, Ill give you that

Nexon and other Tata cars arent bad, they are excellent given the price but dont make them what they arent
See cars for what they are, no one shoe fits all

FYI Im 6ft 3

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I like how you automatically assume Tata cars are safer without proof, may I remind you of the 0 star Zest incident after which they made a "reinforced" chassis to pass the test for a production car..... meaning there are 0 star and 3 star Zests on our roads today
How can you say which one is ZERO & which one is a 3 Star Zest?

OK without proof one is accepting new generation Tata Cars as safe, now, you prove with proof that Tata's new cars are unsafe!

Service of Tata? Like the guy who got a lemon Nexon in our very forums whereas there have been a lot of incidents in other forums where Ford has replaced the entire car or engine
One bad unit is definitely a hard hit for the owner but you can't make a generalized opinion until you know the full story. Secondly, not only TATA, even there was a case of Engine failure in a S-Cross by the epitome of reliability and epitome brand of safe cars MSIL.

I believe you are a Tata employee as per your past posts , so no point arguing further
Even if he is or he is not, that doesn't matter. Cutting the crap short, if you have something worthwhile to discuss then only post your views w.r.t Tata's cars.

Nexon and other Tata cars arent bad, they are excellent given the price but dont make them what they arent
If you feel apart from the price there is nothing substantial in new Tata cars then provide a genuine proof of it. Let me remind you, quality issues can occur in best of the brands.

With this one post, I am closing my participation in this thread.

--Akash

kkn13

Suspended
LOL the S Cross case was a one-off case and even there, they replaced the engine free of cost

As for Tata, there are many incidents including the infamous Discovery 4 one , till date that has still not got a solution

Alot of sites agree about quality issues, fit and finish issues
One simply has to take a few TDs to see the inconsistencies
I rest my case
Im not participating anymore, Ill leave this here so people can take TDs and see whose observations are spot on(Hint- its someone who doesnt fanboy for his favourite brand all the time)

Last edited:
Dear MITRON, why every thread on shopping section gets the same fate??? I am bored of reading same arguments and same story again and again. @OP IMO this segment has only 2 worthy contenders- Ecosport and Nexon. Test drive yourself and decide. Ecosport pros-better exterior IMO, good dealership experience, good after sales, better resale, fantastic AVN system but it comes out way farther than what i like, nice engines. Nexon pros- fantastic interiors, good space, nicely integrated AVN, reasonably priced, superb diesel engine and ride quality,reasonable after sales. Showroom experience with TML is pathetic at least here in my city for 3out of 4 dealers but it should not decide the car, but the product. Good luck.

I agree with Dr. The same old story because we have very few cars in that segment called as pseudo SUV. Coming to the point of selecting better one, Ecosport is better if you ae self driving and very few people at few times will be sitting at the back. Back seat of ecosport is not that comfortable.

Again TD all cars in this segment on highways, congested city roads and broken roads as well for more than hours time, you will find your eureka moment.

Top Bottom