• Rapid Monte Carlo 1.6 MPI

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • If Any Other Please Mention

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Use: Mostly in highways, driven by chauffeur so preferable manual transmission
Running: around ~1000 km
Purpose: It should be full of features and comfortable car for long drives, especially for the rear passengers.
Budget: under 12lacs (ex-showroom)

Sorted: Honda City VX MT, New Verna SX (O), Vento Highline Plus with 16" alloys

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: [HELP] Petrol Car Under 12 Lakhs

My choice is Honda City since I am too having one for 6 years now. A charm to drive Ivtec. Next best is Verna since with the facelift a lot of improvement has been done to the new one in all departments and it is gaining strong foothold in our market. Most importantly, the Verna in Black looks way too sexy!

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3

My choice is Honda City since I am too having one for 6 years now. A charm to drive Ivtec. Next best is Verna since with the facelift a lot of improvement has been done to the new one in all departments and it is gaining strong foothold in our market. Most importantly, the Verna in Black looks way too sexy!

Regards

Akash
The new City's Digipad has lots of complaints as I read as it lags and lot and not responsive. Whereas new verna has android auto/apple carplay like modern info-entertainment system.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

The new City's Digipad has lots of complaints as I read as it lags and lot and not responsive. Whereas new verna has android auto/apple carplay like modern info-entertainment system.
The ICE holds a secondary importance for me buddy in a car. Primarily, I base my views with regards to the overall driving dynamics, the safety offered, the after-sales and the looks (exterior & interior). All this entertainment etc are quite low on my agenda. I come from a period where cassette recorders and then USB were available there. So for me, if the music system plays with clear sound and the Radio works without much drama then its fine.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #5
haha! As I mentioned the main concern is comfort and features as this car will be driven by the chauffeur.

kkn13

Suspended
This is very confusing, City is my primary choice for the engine and to an extent the interiors(though I feel my 3rd gen city interiors were of better quality as do many other people)

Verna comes a close 2nd , VTVT is almost as good as IVTEC and if AT is needed, definitely Verna. CVT in City has rubber band effect. Verna interiors are excellent and the touch screen is easily the best Ive used , its similar to the one in my Tucson

Since I own cars from both - Honda and Hyundai, I feel they are worth it and best at what they do

Vento/Rapid are very overhyped ,overrated, small cabins, terrible rear comfort, poor reliability and after sales. I frankly found nothing to wow me in these cars other than the superior front suspension compared to my City and maybe front look of the Rapid which honestly overrates the rest of the car. I was really considering the two because of the hype and after driving in traffic, I realized all the cons

kkn13

Suspended
My choice is Honda City as I own one albeit Diesel one since last 3 months.But my recommendation would be Petrol one as its performance and engine is gem.
Yeah NVH of petrol, smooth performance albeit poor low end torque, rev happy nature is the advantage of IVTEC
IDTEC is more fuel efficient, better AC performance for highway use(from what Ive heard), torque delivery is excellent from standstill but a bit noisy compared to average diesel engines

Either way, Honda is Honda and both are good at what they do[glasses]

Verna is a good alternative but the rear bench isnt as roomy as the City otherwise I loved both vehicles but not enough to upgrade from my 3rd gen city so I might go for Ecosport a year or so down the line

Sit in the rear seat of both Verna and City, with two more companions. Go for a TD of 20 plus km. See, which rear seat suits you. If both score equal, then the following comparo might help you.

1. I consider Hyundai's 1.6 VTVT engine reliable, powerful and proven. So, I consider this a tie between Verna and City.
  2. Even after few years, you'll feel comfy in a Verna, vis-a-vis features. I think Honda is almost a match here. Tie again.
  3. Honda will insist you service their cars once every 5,000km, while it is 10,000km for Verna (Pls correct me if I'm wrong). +1 for Verna.
  4. You'll pay higher insurance premium for Verna due to the 1.6 liter engine crossing the 1.5 Lit threshold. +1 for City.
  5. In the "Looks Department", I feel Verna edges ahead. +1 for Verna.

I would suggest you to go for a new verna or a pre owned city as the Verna facelift has come and soon the city facelift will also come I think to compete with it and you should take a look at ciaz too it has put fires on sales charts.

Thread Starter #11
I would suggest you to go for a new verna or a pre owned city as the Verna facelift has come and soon the city facelift will also come I think to compete with it and you should take a look at ciaz too it has put fires on sales charts.
Honda already facelifted its city 8-9 months ago. I don't think they will facelift the already facelifted again soon.
We don't buy pre owned cars.
Big no to the cheap light build quality of Maruti as safety is also concerned.

This is very confusing, City is my primary choice for the engine and to an extent the interiors(though I feel my 3rd gen city interiors were of better quality as do many other people)

Verna comes a close 2nd , VTVT is almost as good as IVTEC and if AT is needed, definitely Verna. CVT in City has rubber band effect. Verna interiors are excellent and the touch screen is easily the best Ive used , its similar to the one in my Tucson

Since I own cars from both - Honda and Hyundai, I feel they are worth it and best at what they do

Vento/Rapid are very overhyped ,overrated, small cabins, terrible rear comfort, poor reliability and after sales. I frankly found nothing to wow me in these cars other than the superior front suspension compared to my City and maybe front look of the Rapid which honestly overrates the rest of the car. I was really considering the two because of the hype and after driving in traffic, I realized all the cons
What about the build quality of new 2017 City vs 2017 Verna?

kkn13

Suspended
What about the build quality of new 2017 City vs 2017 Verna?
-Verna has a slight edge overall but City isnt too far behind, its just 3rd gen felt a bit more rigid than 4th gen
-But dont forget City has the edge in cabin space but Verna has the features and the looks
-AT of Verna is better than City's CVT
-Verna touch screen is much better thanks to carplay and android auto
-IVTEC is better than VTVT , a bit more rev happy but not a deal breaker at all, VTVT is close enough. Neither will disappoint, IVTEC has better top end, VTVT has better low speed torque delivery.

On the whole, I dont think youll be disappointed with either car, they are both excellent cars , its just both have their own pros and cons which are personal taste dependent , so take a TD and see first

I voted for Rapid as I feel it really looks a class apart. City and even Verna now are too common. Also I think Rapid/Vento are unrealiable mostly for not the automatics and not so much for the manuals. Plus the build quality of Skoda/VW is much better than Honda/Hyundai anyday. If safety is a priority then Skoda Rapid is the best choice. The 1.6 MPI engine produces good power too. Space wise Honda City is better as I sat in brand new City of my colleague and leg space is just amazing in both front and rear and much better than Rapid.

Thread Starter #14
Thanks for all your help and support. I would like to see more votes in the poll.

Thread Starter #15
Update: Test driven City and Verna.
Rear seat comfort of City is no match with any other car in the price range for sure. The spring and the soft sponge used in the car gives comfort in off road.
Whereas Verna has amazing features and android auto touch is really nice.

Top Bottom