Replacement For Maruti Suzuki Swift (2011)

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys,

Thinking to replace my brother’s 2011 Swift VDI,which has run close to 1L Kms in 6.3 years(around 98000 Kms to be precise).Since long time,my dad has been pestering my brother to sell the car because of accidents happening since last 1 year.Hence,we are planning to sell the Swift and buy a compact SUV like Duster,Brezza or Ecosport as he travels mostly on bad roads.

Budget-₹11-12L for new car,₹8-9L for used car
Cars considering-Ecosport(new and used),Vitara Brezza(new),Duster(used),WRV(new),S-Cross(new)
Usage-around 1500 Kms per month
Fuel-Diesel
Buying plan-By early 2018 if my dad accepts it

Re: Replacement for 2011 Swift

According to your condition of roads.i would suggest brezza or duster

Other wise for your budget i would always suggest new scross .its gem of a vehicle

kkn13

Suspended
Wait for Ecosport Facelift or go for Duster imho
Brezza isnt bad but the other two are better for bad roads

Thread Starter #5
I hope this thread does not run as long as your replacement for Vento thread. Instead of the alternatives you have listed, I would suggest the V-Cross.
No,already got a replacement for Vento long ago.Its a 2014 Honda City VMT iDTEC Diesel,which we bought it from a doctor for ₹8L and it had run 35k Kms when we bought it.Now the odo reading is 41300+ Kms and did 6000 Kms in almost 3 months(bought her on July 25th) and its a golden brown colour.Already done with 40k Kms service too yesterday by replacing front brake pads and costed ₹11.8k including brake pads.

V-Cross is out of budget as my brother doesn’t use it much as his daily use as he uses bike for his daily commute.

And,my brother doesn’t want to go for a Diesel car despite he does 120 Kms up and down once in a week as his car will be idle most of the time whenever I go to his place.He is more interested in buying Baleno Petrol or Dzire Petrol whereas my dad would purchase him an Ecosport Diesel or TUV300 but my choice is WRV Diesel coz it has sunroof in the car costing ₹11.5L on road Hyderabad.

kkn13

Suspended
If you want a petrol , go for a used 2013 onwards CRV
Youll easily score a 2.0 Manual variant well maintained for 12-14L on road (Found many in Mumbai during my own car search but dropped because we wanted an AT and 2013+ 2.4 ATs were pricey at 22L so we bought brand new Tucson instead
I owned previous gen CRV 2.4 Manual and it was awesome, if not for the age(close to 10 years), we would have retained it. No issues whatsoever
The current 2.0 makes around the same output as the old 2.4 mapping whereas the new 2.4 makes 200bhp

Honda is Honda ;)

kkn13

Suspended
Nexon suspension was stiffer than Duster and Ecosport imho
Take a TD anyways but for bad roads, Duster is better of the 3

Thread Starter #9
With new Ecosport getting released,I feel buying Ecosport is much better than Brezza and Nexon.Now,thinking to go for Ecosport Titanium Diesel,which costs ₹11.5-11.6L on road Hyd and my dads first choice is Ecosport as he felt it’s build is better than Brezza and dad already told my brother that we will buy Ecosport as a replacement for Swift.

kkn13

Suspended
With new Ecosport getting released,I feel buying Ecosport is much better than Brezza and Nexon.Now,thinking to go for Ecosport Titanium Diesel,which costs ₹11.5-11.6L on road Hyd and my dads first choice is Ecosport as he felt it’s build is better than Brezza and dad already told my brother that we will buy Ecosport as a replacement for Swift.
Good choice, Im considering Ecosport as my next car to replace my City
But Ill probably wait another year
Ford has outdone themselves
Even my brother agrees, he has Brezza and is very happy with it though. We didnt like Nexon overall except for the price and rear seat comfort. Otherwise Ecosport feels leagues ahead

Last edited:
You have a good budget to buy a quality built product from market, then why to think for under power and that too with quality compromise [Brezza....[;)], S Scross]

Ford EcoSports 1.5 Titanium+ Diesel is all time a better car to buy. The face lift covers most niggles from the last version. It also comes with touch screen placed at proper position, and additional safety with TSC and ESP.

The second option is Renault Duster 110, with all time proven engine under the hood. It lacks in the dashboard alignment, rest all is good.

The third is the TATA's Nexon, good at efficiency, driveability , feature pack and quality built.

My suggestion :
1. Ford EcoSports 1.5D titanium+
2. Tata Nexon XZ+

Thread Starter #12
Now,my brother is blessed with daughter this August.So,badly looking to replace the Swift with Petrols mostly as the difference between Petrol and Diesel is just Rs.5 in Hyderabad.The Swift has run nearly 1,20,000 Kms in 7+ years and mostly abused with many dents and scratches on it.He uses the car mostly on weekends and every weekend,he goes to our village,which is 60 Kms from Hyderabad and to Warangal,where his wife and daughter stays and 150 Kms away from Hyderabad and he travels on ORR every weekend.So,I feel Diesel is not worth anymore and he also decided that his next car would be a Petrol as he doesn't use the car on weekdays and prefers to travel on bike to our workplace(yes he works along with us),which is just 6-7 Kms away from his home.As per my SIL,she said that your brother is planning to sell the Swift by this year end and buy a new one and I asked her,which car?She said,again he would buy a Swift top end but don't know whether he buys Petrol or Diesel.My brother is keen on Baleno along with Swift or others.I suggested him Tigor too along with Marutis and I also use his car most of the time whenever our Innova and City goes out and when he doesn't take his car out on weekdays,the car will be used by myself rarely.

Here,the budget is Rs.8-10L and our Swift might go for Rs.3.5-3.75L if we sell it individually as his car has run nearly 1,20,000 Kms in 7+ years(a week ago,my mom's uncle's Swift VDI 2012 was sold for nearly Rs.3.5L in exchange for 2018 Dzire VDI and it has run nearly 1.85L Kms in 6.5 years).Fuel preference is Diesel or Petrol and manual transmission is preferred as my brother doesn't want to go for Automatics.Monthly run is around 1000-1500 Kms and a car with safety features is considered as he travels along with his daughter.

Cars considered-Swift,Baleno,Tigor,Dzire,Aspire,i20,Figo,Amaze and Freestyle

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Here,the budget is Rs.8-10L and our Swift might go for Rs.3.5-3.75L if we sell it individually as his car has run nearly 1,20,000 Kms in 7+ years(a week ago,my mom's uncle's Swift VDI 2012 was sold for nearly Rs.3.5L in exchange for 2018 Dzire VDI and it has run nearly 1.85L Kms in 6.5 years).Fuel preference is Diesel or Petrol and manual transmission is preferred as my brother doesn't want to go for Automatics.Monthly run is around 1000-1500 Kms and a car with safety features is considered as he travels along with his daughter.

Buying a hatchback after selling a Hatchback, bad idea. Buying a new gen Swift by selling earlier gen Swift, even worse. I would suggest, if you have a budget of 8-10 lacs either go for a compact sedan or buy a feature loaded variant of Nexon or Eco Sport.

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
@Music_Swift - All these years your brother used a hatchback. Now, ask him to go for a CS and enjoy the ride more comfortably with a long car.[:)]

bhvm

Honoured Member
Now,my brother is blessed with daughter this August.So,badly looking to replace the Swift with Petrols mostly as the difference between Petrol and Diesel is just Rs.5 in Hyderabad.The Swift has run nearly 1,20,000 Kms in 7+ years and mostly abused with many dents and scratches on it.He uses the car mostly on weekends and every weekend,he goes to our village,which is 60 Kms from Hyderabad and to Warangal,where his wife and daughter stays and 150 Kms away from Hyderabad and he travels on ORR every weekend.So,I feel Diesel is not worth anymore and he also decided that his next car would be a Petrol as he doesn't use the car on weekdays and prefers to travel on bike to our workplace(yes he works along with us),which is just 6-7 Kms away from his home.As per my SIL,she said that your brother is planning to sell the Swift by this year end and buy a new one and I asked her,which car?She said,again he would buy a Swift top end but don't know whether he buys Petrol or Diesel.My brother is keen on Baleno along with Swift or others.I suggested him Tigor too along with Marutis and I also use his car most of the time whenever our Innova and City goes out and when he doesn't take his car out on weekdays,the car will be used by myself rarely.

Buddy, If I were in your shoes, I would choose something like the Nexon. Actually nexon fits perfectly. As your house has been blessed with a baby, Luggage will increase. Also, added safety, Comfort, Performance and space of Nexon is a huge bless.

If you want something different, try Tigor for CS experience. PLEASE stay away from maruti cars if safety is even a word.

Also, The entire diesel vs petrol debate is worthless. Nexon diesel is much better engineered than petrol rivals. Not only its powerful but also very fuel efficient. There are many Nexon ownership reviews by our forum members like Mayankdixit, J. Ravi etc. which will help you make an informed decision.

About the swift, I say repaint or wrap it and keep it as city runabout if parking isnt an issue.

BTW M.S, Missing you on my thread-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-blue-elephant-my-safari-4x4-review-mods.html

Top Bottom