I want to purchase my first car (am looking for only Petrol car) in the budget of 6 to 6.5 Lakhs. I am considering my car to have the safety features like ABS
and Airbags. I am confused to decide between Maruti Swift Vxi (O)
versus Hyundai Grand i10 Sportz 2017
Bangalore On Road Prices:
Swift Vxi (O) - 7 Lakhs (approx, no discounts)
Grand i10 Sportz - 6.4 Lakhs (after dealer discounts)
The main things that is creating confusion was to decide between the "Safety" vs "Features"
Swift Vxi (o):
- After sales service and better resale value
- Better Handling and Better Fuel Efficiency Negative:
- A new Swift version is down the line, not sure if this is right time to buy a Swift that will gives older look in few months.
- Value for Money Proposition compared to Grand i10 offers in features.
- Heard that Breaking in Vxi variants of Swift is not at par with the Grand i10 Sportz.
Grand i10 Sportz 2017:
- Steering Mounted Volume Controls
- Reverse parking sensor
- Cooled glove box
- Rear AC Vents
- Better interiors Negative:
- No ABS
- Resale value and A.S.S
Considering the budget I want to go with Grand i10.
But, I am ready to stretch my budget a bit and go with Swift if ABS
is really a factor to consider between these two variants. I am not sure, if I can wait till next year for the new Swift. So considering that I will buy a new car this month what will be best choice between Swift and Grand i10.
To get the same feature that Grand i10 provides, I need to spend extra 80K on Swift Vxi. 3 years down the line, will I be able to compensate the extra bucks am spending on Swift comparing the A.S.S and Resale value of the Grand i10.
Please advise, thanks in advance.