Used Skoda Rapid (2014) vs VW Ameo (2016)?

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
I have been on a lookout for a used car since a month with the budget of 5L, I have now shortlisted these two
- Skoda Rapid Ambition MT Petrol - Nov 2014 that has done 10,000 Kms
- VolksWagen Ameo Comfortline Petrol - Oct 2016, has done 2,500Kms

I am super confused and not able to decide what to do, While the Rapid feel premium, comfortable and Powerful, it is older and this variant misses a lot of features there is not even a music system.
The Ameo is new, under warrant and feature packed, but looks a bit smaller and uncomfortable at the back.

My top priorities are Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design. Monthly drive should be around 1000kms mixed city and highway
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: I am super confused, Please help me choose a used car from these two

Hi All,
I have been on a lookout for a used car since a month with the budget of 5L, I have now shortlisted these two

I am super confused and not able to decide what to do, While the Rapid feel premium, comfortable and Powerful, it is older and this variant misses a lot of features there is not even a music system.
The Ameo is new, under warrant and feature packed, but looks a bit smaller and uncomfortable at the back.

My top priorities are Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design. Monthly drive should be around 1000kms mixed city and highway
I would say instead of buying a 1 year old VW car invest in a new one. Since your average usage is low, go for something like a Baleno Petrol or a Tiago Petrol.

Regards

Akash

Hi All,

Are you sure you want to go for Skoda or VW in used car segment? Buy them new, since under warranty and with their service packages they are very low cost to maintain during those period, but they are much costlier to maintain outside warranty. Infact 3rd - 4th Year of Skoda is the time to sell, not to buy....

I have now shortlisted these two
If it out of these 2, go for Ameo
- Newer, the better
- Comes under warranty
- But make sure why is it on used market with such a low age and mileage

My top priorities are Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design.
Safety + comfort and Low maintenance never come together. With 5L budget & if you are open for other choices have a look at below (used) cars
- Toyota Altis - Built to last
- Honda City - Perfect all-rounder
- Fiat Linea - if you could compromise the rear seat comfort

Hi All,

Both are of the same parent company so aftersales running costs etc are expected to be the same. Really boils down to your requirements of features. If the features missing on the Rapid can be fitted aftermarket, I would suggest going for it. Sub 4mt cars are developed specifically for the Indian markets and the quality may not be at par with global standards although Ameo feels to be a well built car. The Rapid /, Vento afaik are sold in many other countries as well.

Hi All,
If it is out of these 2, go for VW Ameo

- Comes under warranty
- Check the reason for selling it so soon that too with a very low mileage
- Check for the accident history of the car

Honest opinion would be to stay away from either of these if you are purchasing pre-owned. If you are only interested in the two options, try to invest the 5L as a downpayment and take a loan for the remaining amount. Buy either of them new with their extended service package.

If you are buying a pre-owned one, stay away from the Germans. Look for Japanese or the Indian ones as the service costs would be still manageable.

Top Bottom