Help in Deciding a New Car Under 11-12 OTR in Delhi

Thread Starter #1
So guyz, I own a Honda Accord V6 2007 which has been a faithful companion to me. And as you guyz may know it gives an average of 5-6 Kmpl, which as such was manageable for me since I took it out very less. However some recent change in company rules is forcing me to opt for a daily driver.

What I am looking for is either a Sedan or Compact SUV under 12L OTR. My daily run would be around 40Km, or in total around 1200 KM MAX in a month. So even petrol would do (infact that is preferable).

I was leaning towards Brezza but someone suggested Nexon, and I really loved it from the first look itself (ofcourse online images and reviews). I have already booked it in 3rd week of August, but as the date approaches of its final launch I am getting apprehensive whether I really should go for a Tata product. We had a Tata Indica V1, and within the first 3-4 years it literally appeared to be falling apart. Reviews seem to suggest Tata might have picked up the slack in the recent years, but I am looking for advice from the experts here on what to buy.

These are the cars I shortlisted and went for TD:
Maruti Ciaz S Petrol (Top Variant)
Maruti Brezza Diesel (Top Variant)
Hyundai Verna SX Petrol
Honda WRV

Any other suggestions, tips or advice?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
don't buy diesel for 1200kms running.
get the new verna sx. it has most of the features one can ask for.
WhatsApp Image 2017-09-04 at 20.45.12.jpeg

ciaz is also good but a new facelift will be coming soon so no point buying it now.
you can try the wr-v but i am not a fan of honda's 1.2 liter engine. do take a good TD since in traffic since low end torque is very poor.
whatever deal you get update it here, you can save more in extra things as well.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
don't buy diesel for 1200kms running.
get the new verna sx. it has most of the features one can ask for.
View attachment 232037

ciaz is also good but a new facelift will be coming soon so no point buying it now.
you can try the wr-v but i am not a fan of honda's 1.2 liter engine. do take a good TD since in traffic since low end torque is very poor.
whatever deal you get update it here, you can save more in extra things as well.
I followed the Verna launch pretty excitedly, sadly almost all the new advertised features are in the top end SX (O), and SX doesnt get much love but the pricing is attractive (since no increase) but after Nexon, its interior seems bland to me...It still is my second choice but except for the reliability doubt of Tata, I really do want to go for Nexon. Basically my mind and heart are fighting with each other.

On second thought, I am looking for either affirmations from members here or some1 to dissuade me with facts and figures to stay away from Nexon.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
With the same new tata image i recommened tiago to a dear friend of mine. The exterior built is really good and is absolute vfm but the engine and parts and interior quality aren't. They still have a long way to go.
I hope the same story doesn't happen with the nexon as well.

kkn13

Suspended
I wouldnt go for a first gen product so fast especially if its a Tata
Even Tiago is a worthy car in itself but only when pitted against Wagon R, Celerio etc imho

Why arent you considering Ford Ecosport?
New gen is coming in the coming weeks and you can go for that or bargain for 2017 stock
Its an excellent car and Ford after sales, fit and finish is certainly better than Tata

WRV is a mixed bag, petrol is lethargic and diesel is a bit noisy, otherwise excellent car

Verna also makes an excellent choice even if you take base variant, very feature loaded and proven engine etc

Thread Starter #6
I wouldnt go for a first gen product so fast especially if its a Tata

Why arent you considering Ford Ecosport?
New gen is coming in the coming weeks and you can go for that or bargain for 2017 stock
Its an excellent car and Ford after sales, fit and finish is certainly better than Tata
Verna also makes an excellent choice even if you take base variant, very feature loaded and proven engine etc
I booked an Ecosport during its initial launch in 2012, but during the wait period of 8 months went ahead and bought the Accord. Now after 5 years I really do not want to go back to the same car, specially since not much has changed since then. Though I know a face lift is coming, but the initial leaks etc has not really reignited any sparks.

In reality the only cars I am considering right now are, Nexon, Verna SX and Brezza. Specifically in that order. Though ofcourse I am open to any other suggestions.

kkn13

Suspended
Well new Ecosport did feel like a huge step up in my books but if you want any of those 3 only, Id suggest Verna any day

So guyz, I own a Honda Accord V6 2007 which has been a faithful companion to me. And as you guyz may know it gives an average of 5-6 Kmpl, which as such was manageable for me since I took it out very less. However some recent change in company rules is forcing me to opt for a daily driver.

What I am looking for is either a Sedan or Compact SUV under 12L OTR. My daily run would be around 40Km, or in total around 1200 KM MAX in a month. So even petrol would do (infact that is preferable).

I was leaning towards Brezza but someone suggested Nexon, and I really loved it from the first look itself (ofcourse online images and reviews). I have already booked it in 3rd week of August, but as the date approaches of its final launch I am getting apprehensive whether I really should go for a Tata product. We had a Tata Indica V1, and within the first 3-4 years it literally appeared to be falling apart. Reviews seem to suggest Tata might have picked up the slack in the recent years, but I am looking for advice from the experts here on what to buy.

These are the cars I shortlisted and went for TD:
Maruti Ciaz S Petrol (Top Variant)
Maruti Brezza Diesel (Top Variant)
Hyundai Verna SX Petrol
Honda WRV

Any other suggestions, tips or advice?
Get Ciaz alpha in petrol. The facelift is coming in 2018 and it is only superficial. No reason for waiting for it. In Diesel go for new Hyundai Verna. For nexon you should wait and watch for at least 3 months and car is good in Diesel, no doubt.

If you are OK with a Petrol, You could Probably also consider Hyundai Creta 1.6 Petrol E Plus variant. It is tried and tested petrol engine with pretty decent AS&S assurance of Hyundai. It'll set you back approximately by 11.5L OTR.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
If you are OK with a Petrol, You could Probably also consider Hyundai Creta 1.6 Petrol E Plus variant. It is tried and tested petrol engine with pretty decent AS&S assurance of Hyundai. It'll set you back approximately by 11.5L OTR.
it's not at all VFM. you get music system plus abs and airbags , that's it. at the same price he can buy the verna sx variant. people go gaga over pseudo suv's which i cannot understand.

kkn13

Suspended
Its VFM if you consider height , driving seat position
Otherwise not so much, Verna certainly makes a better bang for buck here

Anyways 11L hardly gets you enough car for the money these days, especially all these tiny hatches like Polo going for high prices

Thread Starter #13
Get Ciaz alpha in petrol. The facelift is coming in 2018 and it is only superficial. No reason for waiting for it. In Diesel go for new Hyundai Verna. For nexon you should wait and watch for at least 3 months and car is good in Diesel, no doubt.
I was interested in the Ciaz till I took a test drive (btw, Ciaz S mentioned above is Ciaz Alpha with body kit). A few things that I didnt like

1) Looks pretty bland both in exterior and interior in comparison to verna.

2) It simply doesnt have any power at all. Even while flooring the pedal it showed no emergency to accelerate. I do not even drive fast but I still want my cars to give me some thrills when I feel like it.

Thread Starter #15
BTW why arent you considering another Honda- City
Still a strong competitor especially the petrol
Stupid reason TBH, just that do not want to go for 2 segment down of the same brand (even if I do the same with some other brand, :p)

Top Bottom