Buying a Second Hand Honda City

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends,

I am bala from Chennai. I am looking to buy a second hand honda city preferably 11, 12 or 13 model, white with under 60k run well maintained car for my personal use. Need suggestion to buy this from a genuine place. Experts advice.

kkn13

Suspended
Inspect cars locally and get it checked from Honda service centre for a small fee
Avoid dealers/certified cars at any costs

Look for suspension issues and tyres etc

I also own 2010 city

Upsize tyres to 185 or 195 section , makes a lot of difference
1.5 IVTEC is a solid engine and extremely reliable, parts are easily available since its the same engine in the 2017 City,BRV too

Last edited:
I too own a used Honda City 2014 but Diesel version.What I would recommend you to do is,get the car checked in service center and go for less run Honda City,which has run around 30-50K of 2011,2012 and 2013 and negotiate a bit because Honda City has good resale in used cars market.

And,please change the tyres to 195/60R15 as soon as you get the car as it has low GC.I'm yet to change the tyres to 195/60R15 as soon as my stock 175/65R15 worn out(38000 Kms on the odo and already did 2500 Kms in a month and 7 days).

Thread Starter #4
Thanks guys. You mean to say that avoid buying from places like cardeko, carwale etc better to buy from olx, quikr from direct buyers and check in service center.

How about directly buying from capital honda, Sundarsm honda etc. Is that reliable for trouble free long life ?

Last week I read a case in newspaper regarding a case which went against capital honda where the court asked the service center to compensate 5lakhs for a faulty secondhand honda civic. Need your advice.

Hello Friends,

I am bala from Chennai. I am looking to buy a second hand honda city preferably 11, 12 or 13 model, white with under 60k run well maintained car for my personal use. Need suggestion to buy this from a genuine place. Experts advice.
In the Indian context for used cars, the lesser numbers on the odometer, the better. 60K means that there could be some upcoming major services. Unless you know the buyer and can verify that the required services have been performed.

kkn13

Suspended
Odometer doesnt matter as much , its the parts , maintenance etc that matter more
Do keep odometer less than 50k as far as possible but chances are , youll get a well maintained example with higher odo reading but better peace of mind and more car for the money

Avoid ex-lease, dealer vehicles at all costs

Hi, I am buying second hand Honda city 2014. I have little to no experience in driving. Should I buy Honda city?

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Hello Friends,

I suggest you avoid the 2011 and 2012 models.Lots of engine and body improvements were introduced post 2014.Please look into it.

From my experience, if you buy a second hand car, it will have some maintenance costs associated with it. First is the tyres, then suspensions, wheel bearings. Some parts have to be replaced due to use. If you have a good mechanic, things will be fine. On my Alto i had spent some 10k for suspensions and bearings 4 years back. On Altis i have spent 30k on suspension issues, radiator issue, AC issues etc.. So be ready for such repairs. Also some plastic parts tend to break, for City parts will not be an issue. Car like Altis, parts need searching. Also 1.5 litres and below engines insurance cost is cheaper. For Above 1.5 litres, you have to pay huge amount for insurance.

Last edited:

Top Bottom