Toyota Innova (2006) 5,25,000 Kms: Buy or Not?

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,
One of my neighbor is owning an innova from 2006 which clocked around 525000 kms and still running in good condition. Very well maintained car and it will be look as new one even after 11 years.

Now heard that he is going to sell and buy Volvo. So i am planning to buy this one. Toyota claiming it will do more than 800000 kms after inspecting the car. Yearly i will do only 10000 kms maximum in this car and it will serve me for more than 10 years without issues if its maintained properly.

I am not looking for any performance. Just to feel and drive Innova. I am having a big belief in Toyota and going for it. Before buying just to know from you guys about my point of view.

Any suggestions about my idea.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Toyota Innova 525000 kms (Buy or not)

Hi all,
One of my neighbor is owning an innova from 2006 which clocked around 525000 kms and still running in good condition. Very well maintained car and it will be look as new one even after 11 years.

Now heard that he is going to sell and buy Volvo. So i am planning to buy this one. Toyota claiming it will do more than 800000 kms after inspecting the car. Yearly i will do only 10000 kms maximum in this car and it will serve me for more than 10 years without issues if its maintained properly.

I am not looking for any performance. Just to feel and drive Innova. I am having a big belief in Toyota and going for it. Before buying just to know from you guys about my point of view.
The engines of Toyota(s) are very reliable no doubts but Innova Diesel and that to 11 year old will need fitness after 4 years. Do post some pics of the car so that we all can assess the condition of it. Specially the Tires, Brakes, Engine and under-body condition need a thorough check. Check the vehicle history if it has met with an accident or not and when was last service done. What is the asking price for the car? Also do have look on this before making the decision buddy: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-shopper/1147-used-car-inspection-check-list.html. If I am correct you owned a Qualis too which you had restored, how's that working? and if you have a Qualis already, do you really need an Innova as well?

Regards

Akash

Hi all,

Any suggestions about my idea.
My advice-Big no from my side.Better look at 2009-11 versions of Innova as it is BS4 compliant and gives better FE than previous one.We used to have a 2005 Innova V 7 seater before 2011 Innova(present one),which we sold it to my aunt in Oct 2014 due to lack of parking space and less FE after 3,00,000 Kms and its giving less than 12 Kmpl now as it became old now.So,not recommeded to buy a 5,00,000 Kms run car.Instead,go for 2009-11 version Innova.My dad's friend,the person who sold the 2011 Innova to us,had exchanged his well maintained 2008 Innova V(1st gen)for Crysta 2.4Z recently and he got Rs.6,00,000.

And,you could have retained the 2007 Innova which you sold it now as it is good condition as per you.

Only buy if you're getting it dead cheap. Around 1L may be. Else better look for less run one.

kkn13

Suspended
Even 1L is high considering possible breakdowns even though the innova is one of the most reliable cars on our roads and some have clocked 8L km too without any major changes

I suggest getting a newer 1L km Innova type 2 at least, might cost a bit more but will certainly be more reliable, cheaper to maintain, easy and good resale

Brush aside toyota claims, there is a innova in my family. The 2008 innova which has clocked 300,000 kms and it's due for engine work.

kkn13

Suspended
^^ Yeah Ive driven a rental 3L km Innova and it was as smooth as my Innova back home but it depends more on who drives it and maintains it
In this case, it was an older gentleman who no longer uses it much and only gives it for rent to friends of friends to give it a bit of a run once in a while
He is a bit too careful , Im more careless :D
Mine wont clock past 2-3L km without engine work too,given the rough use and roads its gone through

Last edited:
I would suggest you to be away from this car. As the car has already been driven for 5+lakhs Kms I am dead sure you will have parts going kaput one after another. Some of the parts are really expensive.
Thats my view of looking at it.

Top Bottom