New Hyundai Elantra vs Used Hyundai Tucson

Thread Starter #1
Need experts inputs. I booked Elantra SX(O) AT Petrol after considering multiple options. Now another opportunity came in the form of 6 month Old Tucson. Tucson is about 1300 KMS Diesel GLS AT variant. 2016 December manufacture and registered in March 2017. Owner is relocating to US and hence selling the vehicle which looks like brand new quoting final price is 24L. My requirement is all safety features (6 airbags, ESC, HHA etc), torque converter AT and reliable service and support. Looking at prices abroad Tucson looks like one segment above Elantra. I don't have strong need for Diesel as well but thinking if I get this Tucson at good price is it worth? Among the two options which one is better. What is the best price VFM if I have to Chose Tucson over Elantra. Elantra is company lease and if I have to go for Tucson it will be from my pocket.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Elantra Vs Tucson

Need experts inputs. I booked Elantra SX(O) AT Petrol after considering multiple options. Now another opportunity came in the form of 6 month Old Tucson. Tucson is about 1300 KMS Diesel GLS AT variant. 2016 December manufacture and registered in March 2017. Owner is relocating to US and hence selling the vehicle which looks like brand new quoting final price is 24L. My requirement is all safety features (6 airbags, ESC, HHA etc), torque converter AT and reliable service and support. Looking at prices abroad Tucson looks like one segment above Elantra. I don't have strong need for Diesel as well but thinking if I get this Tucson at good price is it worth? Among the two options which one is better. What is the best price VFM if I have to Chose Tucson over Elantra. Elantra is company lease and if I have to go for Tucson it will be from my pocket.
I would say stay with the Elantra because Tucson is also a 5 seater and even though its 6 month old, it would still be *pre-owned* car in your case and secondly the scope of bargaining is very less. Apart from that, Elantra being on company lease won't affect your finances much and in case of Tucson, spending 24L from your savings or taking loan isn't a good idea I feel personally. Maybe after 4-5 years you may consider buying a Tucson when the margin to negotiate the price will be there.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3

Thanks Akash for the quick inputs. What if we bargain to 20L for Tucson. Will it make irrefutable bargain over Elantra? Tucson owner looks like in rush as his travel date is nearing.. He is my colleagues friend and senior executive so Vehicle wise we can trust.

Regards,
Murali

kkn13

Suspended

Id say bargain for the Tucson, whats the on road price for a new Tucson there?
If its around 27-28, then 24 is a fair price
But still bargain and see

Tucson is Tucson especially for our road conditions

Thanks Akash for the quick inputs. What if we bargain to 20L for Tucson. Will it make irrefutable bargain over Elantra? Tucson owner looks like in rush as his travel date is nearing.. He is my colleagues friend and senior executive so Vehicle wise we can trust.

Regards,
Murali
Let him travel wherever he wants to. Don't take decisions based on someone else plans! 2 questions you need to answer.

1. Do you need a diesel?
2. Do you really need a diesel?

Elantra is good in terms of safety and I guess you are booking petrol. In that case, going for diesel with no company lease makes no sense. Whichever way you calculate, it doesn't make sense. If you pick Tucson, you loose Company Lease, you spend more in terms of service, and moreover, YOU have to pay 24L out of your pocket! Are you crazy?

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Murali, get the deal to 20-21 Lacs if you feel so much for the Tucson buddy. If I was in your place, I would have opted for a new Elantra instead of a pre-owned Tucson and that too by paying from my pocket. If the Tucson owner agrees to your offer then well and good else stay with the Elantra.

If you pick Tucson, you loose Company Lease, you spend more in terms of service, and moreover, YOU have to pay 24L out of your pocket! Are you crazy?
Wise word of Married Wise Man! Agree.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom