The Most Comfortable D-Segment Sedan

Thread Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a car this Dussera.
Use: Mostly in expressway and highways, driven by chauffeur
Running: around 1200 km per month
Purpose: As mentioned, it should be the most comfortable car for long drives, specially for the rear passengers.
Budget: around 15 lacs (ex-showroom)

Last edited:
There is quite difference between Octavia, Elantra, Altis to get finalize in your garage. Each of them has it own styling and likes. It totally depends on your taste which you will love to have. I could highlight some of the key point that may help you to choose.

- Octavia is fresh, loaded with lot of safety, luxury features.
- Octavia in Petrol/Diesel AT have 1.8TSi and 2.0L engines, mated to 7 speed super smooth, intelligent dual clutch transmission.
- Octavia has nicely layout dash and interior with beige shades which makes it roomy and fresh.

- Elantra is more on sports style with its bodyline.
- This all back interior with load of features.
- The coupe still appeals and feels really stylish.
- Cabin space may not be very good in comparison with others.

- Altis is hassle free car easy to maintain
- The dash/interior cannot be compared with the other two.
- ASS wont be a problem with its wide network.

If self driven then Octavia. If chauffeur driven then Altis (boring AF to drive but the rear sofa seat is damn good). How about an Accord?? Best of both worlds.

Not a sedan but crysta 2.8 z at will be a good choice. It has captain seats in second row ,Diesel engine, automatic 7 airbags and esp. vfm compared to altis or octavia.

Hexa -It has better ride quality than crysta and is cheaper by 4 lacs,but cant get a fully loaded variant.Hexa with captain seats can also be a good choice.

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
Hexa is most certainly not better than crysta ride imho, Hexa felt bouncy on the highway compared to Crysta
Plus after sales and resale arent exactly re assuring, Id take the Crysta anyday

Hexa is most certainly not better than crysta ride imho, Hexa felt bouncy on the highway compared to Crysta
Sorry I would disagree. Hexa rides like a magic carpet (atleast when compared to its rival). It is so damn good even with those huge 19" wheels.

Let's wait for TAI official review. I think that will be the best for us the conclude.

Even I would suggest Hexa if you need occassional 7 seater, best ride quality, especial ASS for Hexa, best in class music system, superb autobox and vfm. If looking for sedan, its a close call between Altis and Elantra.

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
No amount of review can alter personal experience and preferences
Hexa is a good product, no doubt but my pick would still be Crysta
Crysta handles speed better and doesnt bounce with speed

Bad roads, both handle well and for off road, obviously 4x4 Hexa wins

Also Hexa touch screen and console feels very cheap and out of place at the moment
I heard Nexon touch screen might come to Hexa, that might change things but still unimpressed with the Nexon headunit's resolution

Crysta headunit isnt exactly class leading either but it certainly looks and feels better

Last edited:
@kkn
Problem with hexa is there is no proper top variant like 2.8z.

I recently bought a 2.8z. Never took a TD of hexa so cant comment. What is your view about hexa's ride quality and handling.

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
@kkn
Problem with hexa is there is no proper top variant like 2.8z.

I recently bought a 2.8z. Never took a TD of hexa so cant comment. What is your view about hexa's ride quality and handling.
My grandparents have the 2.8 ZX AT
I have the 2.5 Innova previous gen

Found Crysta less bouncy and a better highway handler than my Innova and the Hexa

Hexa is not bad exactly but honestly Crysta will be my personal pick
Other than the price and the Varicor 400 which is one of the more proven engines though aged , theres no comparing Hexa with Crysta
Id take the Crysta unless I had a short budget and was willing to keep the car for longer (Tata resale is very poor , see Aria vs previous Innova resale prices for example, so short period ownership is not recommended, maybe 7-8 years ownership will do justice for the lack of resale value)

Hexa ride quality is pretty good that way, handling is alright too though steering is too heavy for my liking

My personal opinion when buying a such hefty car with huge power AWD must be there to keep the vehicle stable on uneven roads transferring accurate power to each wheels.

HEXA 4x4 is better at that price tag and a VFM car.

@Eddy : I am not sure what taste do you prefer, like SUV, Sedan or Hatch.
You may have lot of options when you keep yourself open to every category.

You can try each category, but you must rewrite your requirements first to choose a proper car.

kkn13

Suspended
AWD doesnt matter for highway use unless you intend on off roading or some serious mountain terrain or snow or ice
AWD stays in RWD 99.99% of the time , trust me

Interesting thread guys. The volume in this segment is a shocker. ( All cars put together wont even cross 1000 per month). Wonder why.
I am sorry to hijack this thread. But i will stick to the OP's question (of D segment city/highway sedan) with a slight change. I will exclude corrolla since i doesn't appeal to me. ( No offence to the owners though). Between Elantra VTVT SX(O) AT and Octavia 1.8 TSI Style plus ( now its called l&k), which is better? . fun to drive, handling etc is not a major criteria. Ride quality, comfort, suspension , reliability and safety are very important?.
In terms of comfort, are these cars way better than the c segment cars or slightly better?

Top Bottom