A Petrol Car For Rs.6 Lakh Ex.Showroom

Thread Starter #1
Hello !
My Requirements-
1.The car will be mostly used for Highway commute so a good built.
2.ABS and Airbags is must.
3.A good and peppy Engine.
4.Average mileage of 15.
5.Music System (Doesn't matter).
6.Reliability (I don't want issues daily).

Shortlisted-
1.Volkswagen Polo Trendline.
2.Etios Liva GX.
3.Volkswagen Ameo Trendline
4.Tata Tiago XZ.
5.Hyundai Xcent E Plus.

Looking for recommendation from the above list. Other suggestion from members are also welcome.
Thank You.

kkn13

Suspended
Id say Figo too
VW and Reliable dont go in the same sentence
Tiago is a segment lower and not a performer for highway use
Etios is aged

Figo Diesel ticks all the boxes and after sales is 2nd best of the cars you mentioned, Toyota being best

If your ride is on smooth highways and prefer a Petrol I would say the Tiago as I am satisfied with its highway performance and feels better than driving in the city. I drove it constantly at 110 recently and Engine was stress free. It felt well suited to highway although steering gains slightly less weight than it should have otherwise. If your drive is mostly in hilly region skip the Tiago and get Figo Diesel. I felt in steep inclines (esp with AC) Tiago struggles. Personally after sitting in Figo I didn't felt it a segment higher even though few suggest it half a segment higher.

kkn13

Suspended
Just because Tiago has JBL speakers doesnt make it on par with the higher segments
Thats like saying an attractive person is necessarily smart

I would suggest that if you are really keen on highway performance, you should up your budget a bit and get atleast a large and powerful hatch or a sedan. The least you can look at is the diesel Aspire, or a diesel Ameo, or a base trim Vento/Sunny. In terms of hatches, I would look at the Fiat Punto or the Polo (TDI/TSi). These cars are built for sustained high speed driving, and their driving dynamics are suitably adjusted (suspension, steering etc).

Last edited:
I would suggest a Tiago, both petrol & diesel are good.Driving is good,mileage is also good.For my diesel tiago ia m getting around 25 on highway.no issues with quality of the interior or exterior.Music system is excellent.Brakes & other safety features are up to the mark.you get ABS,EBD,airbags.Headlights are good.wipers ok.

Sales & service is also good.overall no issues car.

Just because Tiago has JBL speakers doesnt make it on par with the higher segments
Thats like saying an attractive person is necessarily smart
Just because Figo has slightly higher price and 4cylinder doesn't make it a higher segment car as well wrt Tiago XZ (yes base variants feel segment below due to lack of safety features but yes they are offered with a nominal price increase). The segmentation we follow is completely skewed. Attractive and smart analogy is not into perspective here.

Last edited:
Ford Figo Diesel is the default choice. Clear specs comparison man. A 1.5 l diesel on the Ford Figo is the best in the segment and value for money compared to say the 1.4 l of Hyundai Elite i20. 1.05 l Diesel engine of Tata Tiago is not even there in the picture. Well, personal opinions aside.

A test drive is what it takes to help make a clear decision. Because car buying is based on personal decisions ultimately. Many points that goes into buying a car are subjective so take a test drive of the shortlisted cars

Hello !
My Requirements-
1.The car will be mostly used for Highway commute so a good built.
2.ABS and Airbags is must.
3.A good and peppy Engine.
4.Average mileage of 15.
5.Music System (Doesn't matter).
6.Reliability (I don't want issues daily).

Shortlisted-
1.Volkswagen Polo Trendline.
2.Etios Liva GX.
3.Volkswagen Ameo Trendline
4.Tata Tiago XZ.
5.Hyundai Xcent E Plus.

Looking for recommendation from the above list. Other suggestion from members are also welcome.
Thank You.
I am not sure whether you are looking for 6 lakhs budget car and still i20 Elite or Polo are in your list.

I would suggest to go for any top end variant of the car you buy. If you are little flexible with your budget then Diesel car make sense. So either Ford Figo 1.5 Titanium+ or Fiat Punto 90HP could be in your budget. These are really good diesel car at price tag of 8.2 lakh approx.

kkn13

Suspended
Id advice against Fiat though, not for any other reasons except FCA might get rid of Fiat and keep only Jeep for India given they havent updated cars off late
Ford is an all rounder here after the Elite i20

Liva- considering your options.
Figo D, Polo(trendline)- My suggestions.
Liva is quiet old now although it offers reliability and yes its a toyota, but figo diesel is neither bad and offers the best engine, performance, looks and ford's improved reliability/service costs too when compared to Liva.
& talking about Polo- Does it need a description ? :D beast it is. Period.

Top Bottom