Suggest Fuel Efficient & Low Maintenance Car Under Rs.5.5 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

I am planning to buy my first car. I have very little knowledge regarding this. My priority is good mileage and low maintenance. Budget is max 5.5 (lower the better). I have thought about:

1. alto 800 LXI
2. Kwid 800 CC
3. Tiago XM

Daily run approx: 20 km.
My wife will primarily drive this.

Please suggest. Feel free to ask any other info I might have missed..

Thank you.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi friends,

I am planning to buy my first car. I have very little knowledge regarding this. My priority is good mileage and low maintenance. Budget is max 5.5 (lower the better). I have thought about:

1. alto 800 LXI
2. Kwid 800 CC
3. Tiago XM

Daily run approx: 20 km.
My wife will primarily drive this.

Please suggest. Feel free to ask any other info I might have missed..
Buddy, instead of Alto 800 & Kwid, I would suggest, better to go for the Nano AMT. Tiago although would be a far better choice than all others. Apart from that check out Datsun's Redi Go as well.

Regards

Akash

I would suggest you a Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 or a Tata Tiago or Maruti Suzuki Celerio

A AMT equipped car will also be a great choice like Tata Tiago AMT, MS Alto K10 AMT or Celerio AMT. Skip the Kwid.

Ignis base variant (Sigma) . Take a test drive once . Peppy and powerful engine with Maruti ASS and reliability. Comes with abs and front dual airbags as standard. But the base model will not come with music system.

I would suggest Celerio Lxi AMT. On road will come to around 5.1-5.3 (ExS 4.53). Very fuel efficient and easy on maintenance. Ignis is also an option, but will overshoot your budget by a lac. Just use car compare feature online once you have zeroed down on at least 3-4 cars.

kkn13

Suspended
I would suggest Celerio Lxi AMT. On road will come to around 5.1-5.3 (ExS 4.53). Very fuel efficient and easy on maintenance. Ignis is also an option, but will overshoot your budget by a lac. Just use car compare feature online once you have zeroed down on at least 3-4 cars.
Ignis is far superior car in every way imho
The additional lakh is worth it
Also Ignis dynamics on the highway are surprisingly good

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Ignis is far superior car in every way imho
The additional lakh is worth it
Also Ignis dynamics on the highway are surprisingly good
In my view, with it's looks, to me Ignis looks 'less of car for more of money'. Why not buy a Ford Figo instead of this?

Tiagio seems to be much better and VFM product against others. Its far more classy than Celerio / Alto and seems to have a better build quality too.
Tiago with AMT is also good. As far as Celerio is concerned it has already failed safety tests and Alto failed the safety test long back.

Regards

Akash

In my view, with it's looks, to me Ignis looks 'less of car for more of money'. Why not buy a Ford Figo instead of this?
Is Figo petrol better than Ignis ? I dont think so. The problem with Ignis is higher variants are overpriced, especially the diesel ones. Sigma petrol variant seems like a good value for money.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Is Figo petrol better than Ignis ? I dont think so. The problem with Ignis is higher variants are overpriced, especially the diesel ones. Sigma petrol variant seems like a good value for money.
You may have missed my point bud. I also said same thing. Ignis is overpriced to a great extent and if a reasonable alternative in the price band is available why not consider it? There is option of 1.2L petrol engine in both these hatchbacks so why not buy something which is equally safe, reasonably VFM and has reasonable performance too?

Regards

Akash

Like most have suggested, I would plonk my money on tiago AMT, besides VFM, it has more bells and whistles than a segment or 2 higher.

And don't forget to negotiate for AMC Gold, nothing like this package in the market.

kkn13

Suspended
Also Tiago engine is not as good as the Ignis or Figo etc
So depending on budget, go for Tiago or Ignis if you are considering Celerio etc

Looks are subjective, resale of Ignis will surely be better
Also Ignis has excellent engines on offer though top end is expensive
Figo is only worth if you go in for top end diesel, otherwise its just a "me too" car along with the others in the category

Also after GM's recent decision, Id be a bit more cautious when it comes to buying a new car personally even though I love Ford's offerings but I happen to own a Chevy Aveo whose fate is lying around

Last edited:

Top Bottom