Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Ignis: Which To Buy?

Thread Starter #1
Hi every body
I am looking for a budget car and it will be my 1st ownership of a car.i am little bit confused which one to choose.I had visited NEXA for Ignis Delta petrol then visited Hyundai for grand i10 sports(o) petrol.and decided to go for Ignis.But fortunately visited ownership review of Tiago from TATA.I am completely impressed by going through the reviews.now I am confused what to opt....!!!!!????? My budget is RS.6.0 lac.
Plz suggest wot to go for..,.

If your budget is 6lacs tiago XZ is the best option as it is VFM with ABS, Airbags, Harman system apart from this awesome ride quality

Buy tiago at 6 lakhs & if you can strech then i10 grand.Tiago is cheaper given the features but it will command lessor resale value & have niggles.Cost of ownership will be cheaper in a Tata compared to others.

I own a diesel tiago & after 4500kms can say its quality is very near near to a maruti or hyundai but not equal.The price tag is lower by 1-1.5 lakhs.Look at your running & basic requirements first.Features most of the time are gimmicks & marketing.Your ride should be comfortable & safe.

Last edited:
As said by Vyasknit10, "The price tag is lower by 1-1.5 lakhs" vs Hyundai Grand i10 and maruti which is quite a huge amount if we calculate as per the price/total amount of 6 lakhs, calculation says 20% to 25% less amount of comparable quality and amazing Harmon infotainment system which no other brand offers even in segment above with outstanding ride quality.

Tiago is the best option for 6 lakh budget in the market today and if possible go for Tigor petrol as it got balancer shaft and a unique styled/design boot and projectors.

Thread Starter #6
If your budget is 6lacs tiago XZ is the best option as it is VFM with ABS, Airbags, Harman system apart from this awesome ride quality
Sir what is VFM?

Buy tiago at 6 lakhs & if you can strech then i10 grand.Tiago is cheaper given the features but it will command lessor resale value & have niggles.Cost of ownership will be cheaper in a Tata compared to others.

I own a diesel tiago & after 4500kms can say its quality is very near near to a maruti or hyundai but not equal.The price tag is lower by 1-1.5 lakhs.Look at your running & basic requirements first.Features most of the time are gimmicks & marketing.Your ride should be comfortable & safe.
Vyasknit10, sir actually my running will be 1000 km/ month and what about milage of Tiago and i10.

Thanks kasscon for your suggestion and I will check tigor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where Ignis scores over Tiago:
Superior engine, ABS and dual airbags as standard across all variants, hassle free ASS and Maruti reliability. You will get a little more fuel efficiency.

Where Tiago scores over Ignis:
Superb build quality
VFM , You get more features.

I feel Ignis is a bit overpriced and only the Sigma variant is VFM.

Mileage in diesel tiago is around 20kmpl which is without AC & included 40% highway run & 60% city run.highway runs will be around 23kmpl & city will be at 18kmpl. calculated by tankful method.pickup is good in city mode.
Maintenance cost is lower compared to other models as the dealers are too lazy to fleece any customer.[clap]

Top Bottom