Confused: Fiat Linea T-Jet 125S or Skoda Rapid 1.6 Style Limited Edition?

Thread Starter #1
Dears,

Sold my Punto 1.3 Active just 10 days ago. Need to buy a petrol car as my daily useage only 30 KN Max.

I will buy through lease plan to save income tax but planning the keep the car for long term 8 years +)

No City/Verna/Creta/Hexa please.

TD :

Took TD from Hosur Road dealer for 1.2 TSP Highline +.

Drove the automatic. I love it. Back seat very comfortable. Though GC is 163 mm but the car passed all high humps and bad road in superb and so easily. I am surprised. Really. Very nice engine, break, suspension. But ...There is but and finally Vento deleted from the list.

Why?

Concern:
1> Very high maintain cost: The sales people told it will be 12K - 15K .
2> The Vento Highline version STOPPED!!!!!! The Highline + is the new topend. and it cost atleast 12.4 L for auto and 11.1L for manual. In next 2 weeks Vento new version will be lunched with 16 inch wheel. ( which is one of my main parameter). That will make the car cost 20 K more. Though the dealer is offering 50K cash discount still it is too much.

TJET 125S:

Took the TD.

All tech parameters meeting that I need. Will take the TD today.
Concern: a) very low mileage ? ( many friends here mentioned it is not a concern. Thanks.). The yearly maintain cost seems to be 9K -10K.

2) Will FIAT sustain i long tear in INDIA? So poor sales? Came to know Vector Motors , Hosur Road, Bangalore is going to be closed.

3: SKODA RAPID 1.6 Style Manual

Took TD today from Hosur Road Tafe dealer.

Both me and my wife, Daughter loved the look in the first sight. Very well build. Rough Body under cover. Premium interior. Strong AC, very low Noise level. No fancy look like ford/verna. Simply elegant look. We all love it.

Drive: I was very concerned about the low GC. Only 163 mm. I drove in high speed on very bad road (?) and one bumps.
So splendid! Passed 100% without any scratch in under chassis. EPS speed sensitive steering fantastic. My Punto was heavy. By in Rapid it is different and I really got good feedback on that. Backseat very comfortable. Getting 75K cash discount on 2017 model.

Concern:
1> Yearly maintain cost. As sales man and in the Skoda portal both mentioning around 8.5-10 K. I this really true?
2> The 1.6 ENGINE to me very responsive and fast to me. Any expert advice/thought here? Any past experience?

Both TJET and Rapid 1.6 I am getting in around 9.75 L ex. showroom.

The issues with TJET.

1> Leg space for Tjet is less than RAPID.
2> Back seat not as comfortable as RAPID.
3> No Rear camera.
4> No Cool Box.
5> To me and my wife look wise RAPID better.
6> No Automatic. No turning light in the OVM mirrors. No good color option.

Even the FIAT sales guy admitted FIAT is one gen behind when it comes to simple futures.

Both has 16 in Alloy wheel. (yes, RAPID Limited edition) on the same price point.

I am getting TJET and RAPID style 1.6 Manual on the same price point.

As I will go through company lease so for first 3 years I donot care any service cost.

Both FIAT and SKODA service picture is pale and same. Both seems costing 8K-10K from 4th year.

Finally I am bending for TJET and rest family is inclined towards RAPID.

Both the Rapid Malual and Auto I drove (TD) and TJET in the same track on ame high speed act on the same way.

The break in TJET is but better but Rapid is bit easier to drive.
Now after driven Auto in both Vento & Rapid I am thinking about Auto too. :)
I my all TD in all cars I was with with wife, 7 years old child and the sales man.

After driving the Auto for the first time also thiking about if and only if get within 10.5L ex-showroom.

Any advice please.

Thread Starter #2
Re: Confused: Fiat Linea TJET 125S or SKODA RAPID 1.6 Style Limited Edition

> Your Budget: (Eg: Rs.7 – 8 Lakh)

> New or Used: (Eg: New Car)

> Your Location: Currently Bangalore

> Top Five Priorities: Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design,

> Monthly Running: 800 Km

> Type of Fuel: Petrol

> For What Purpose: Regular Use : 30 KM daily

> Seating Capacity: 5 Adults

> Type of Segment: Sedan

Option : TJET 125S or Rapid 1.6 Style Limited edition - Manual /Automatic

I love the Rapid however its a Skoda. Since you are planning to keep the car for so long it is a leap of faith in my opinion. Brilliant car no doubt, but After Sales is the question. If you can live with that, Rapid is a better choice.

I too was smitten by it and so was my wife a few months back. But wanted something which was reliable, fast and has a good resale 5-7 years down the line. 2017 City launched and we immediately got one since it was always on my mind for years and it ticked all the right boxes.

Thread Starter #5
Rapid now out of my list.

Final list :

1> TJET 125S
2> Vento 1.2 TSI Petrol Hiline plus with 16 in alloy wheel (If and only if get really good cash discount)

Rapid now out of my list.

Final list :

1> TJET 125S
2> Vento 1.2 TSI Petrol Hiline plus with 16 in alloy wheel (If and only if get really good cash discount)
If you are happy with Fiat service and after sales, TJet is the better choice. The Vento DSG is brilliant but again reliability issues. The Linea on the other hand is built like a tank, all four discs if I am not wrong which are big plus for me. Resale will be horrible though.

I will suggest you to go for 125S based on following points,

1. Service cost: Skoda Rapid/VW Vento "may" give you bills limited to 8-10k for first three years but keep in mind that regular servicing levels will be 14k-15k atleast thereafter. I have Vento & Rapid in my friend circuit & I am sharing their experience here.
2. Cost of accidental/breakdown repairs: VW/Skoda repair cost will be too high as compared to Fiat. This is mainly due to low levels of localization in these cars. In case of 125S apart from T-Jet engine, almost everything is localized. That's a main reason for relatively cheap spares. I have observed that labor rates of Fiat service station are lower than VW/Skoda.
3. Higher GC: We live in India where pot holes, craters are as unavoidable as mosquitoes. You may not face them during daily commutes but you will need the higher GC for sure.
Take my example here. I own Punto. I do not feel need of higher GC in city (Pune). But my wanderlust takes to places like coastal Maharashtra, Tiger Reserves where rural roads, lack of roads, moon craters are normal. This is where I had found low GC cars stranded, their owners worried & on the other hand my Punto never faces any problems whatsoever. During my visit to Nagzira Tiger Reserve, no. of Hondas, VWs were parked outside Reserve (GC concerns) & my Punto was proudly standing in front of Forest Guest House inside the park. With surprised expression many tourist asked me, how did you managed this?. I then point out to 185 mm GC of Punto.
Many people blame high GC of Punto/Linea (post 2012 models) for spoiling handling to some extend but I thank Fiat India for this change.

At the end both (Vento/Rapid, Linea) are very good cars but the points mentioned above will have impact on your ownership experience.

You can verify the servicing & repair cost difference yourself. Just invest sometime for it. This is what I had done.
1. Go to "service station" of brands you have shortlisted. Go their directly & make sure you do not go through sales team.
2. Ask receptionist that you wish to meet service manager. Explain him that you plan to buy car & wish to know general spares, repairing expenses for the same.
3. Give him following list & request for spares price & labor charges for each.
4. Typical list which I had made myself before my purchase was as follows,
a. Air filter
b. Fuel filter
c. Oil Filter.
d. Engine Oil
e. Gear box oil
f. timing belt/chain
g. Clutch
h. Turbocharger
i. engine coolant
j. Radiator
k. Inter cooler
k. Break Liners
l. Front Bumpers
m. Rear Bumpers
n. Head Lamps
o. Tail Lamps
p. Front Grill
q. Logo
r. EGR Cooler

5. He will delegate this activity to someone & you will get most of this information in about an hour or two.

This information will give you all the confidence in the world to take an informed decisionl.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
@ Pharaoh;

Thanks a TON for all your time and advice. So kind of you.

From my side:

1> My daily use is max. 30 KM. Once or Twice in a year long tour ( max 800 KM)
2>Considering my mid age and long term ownership planning seems a automatic is better.
3> I am planning to keep it for long term : 8 years +
4> Will buy through Leaseplan so I donot care till it is under Company name (max. 3 years) but after coming to my name I need to take care of all.

After a lot thought process today :

Rapid 1.6 auto and Vento 1.2 TSI Highline I got offer on the same price point : 10.9 5 L (approx).

I am also considering Vento 1.2 TSI Comfortline now. No Alloy wheel, no leather seats, no touchscreen.

Pricewise Vento 1.2 TSI Comfortline and TJET are same: 9.9 L ex-showroom (approx.)

So after 2nd round of TD will decide if can go for MANUAL TJET or Vento 1.2 TSI Comfortline.

Question:

1> As we all know Vento service cost is 12-15 K /year so can I do the service outside (any pvt. garage) ?
2> How is the DGS gear box? Any complain /issues in tong term use?

With TJET I am fine but only issue is it is manual.

Thread Starter #9
Dears,

I am almost finalized TJET now. Taking final quotations from Ebony and KHT.

For Vento comfortline TSI:

Issues:

1> Not sure in the long run how DSG will act?
2> Cost for ATF is 15K+. So after 3 years all these cost will come to me only.
3> Servicing cost
4>No alloy wheel, no 16in, no leather seat .........
5> No disk break, BA

I will miss :

Automatic drive pleasure

Am I taking the correct decision by rejecting Vento comfortline TSI????

I am curious why you have the City out of the equation ? The VMT is feature loaded, reliable & brilliant i-vtec engine, loads of space inside especially the rear seats, and lastly holds resale really well. Also having owned one for the last 3 months, Honda does seem to have worked on the quality issues which was plaguing the 2014 city to a great extent (touchwood).

Dears,

I will miss :

Automatic drive pleasure

Apart missing automatic pleasure, you won't miss anything. In fact, you would be smiling ear to ear most of the times. [clap]

There are more positives in choosing 125S over Vento TSI comfortline.

Last edited:
Dears,

I am almost finalized TJET now. Taking final quotations from Ebony and KHT.

For Vento comfortline TSI:

Issues:

1> Not sure in the long run how DSG will act?
2> Cost for ATF is 15K+. So after 3 years all these cost will come to me only.
3> Servicing cost
4>No alloy wheel, no 16in, no leather seat .........
5> No disk break, BA

I will miss :

Automatic drive pleasure

your taking right decision, I am not saying because i am looking for one
But I am saying it because it is VFM[cheers]
I also shortlisted T-Jet, if we can talk together we might get good deal (In BLR)
I got couple of questions,
what is Manufacturing year T-jet is available,
what are the color options and
what are current month offers (keeping GST in mind )

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
No more questions.
@Truck Man,

TJET minimal Gray - SELECTED! :)

KHT Motors - Domlore -Bangalore.
30K Discount + Camera
2017 make.

If you want the same you can send your cell number so that we can talk and try to get some more better deal for both of us by today itself.

Last edited:
No more questions.
@Truck Man,

TJET minimal Gray - SELECTED! :)

KHT Motors - Domlore -Bangalore.
30K Discount + Camera
2017 make.

If you want the same you can send your cell number so that we can talk and try to get some more better deal for both of us by today itself.
Sure i sent a mail with my contact detail.
What is on road price ?
who is sales adviser ?

Last edited:

Top Bottom