Planning To Purchase Honda City ZX V-Tec (2007)

Thread Starter #1
Hi Members,

I'm planning to buy a used car and recently found a Honda City ZX 2007 model vtec. It has already run 80000 kms and the price is 1.8L.
Rode single handedly by the current owner and its insured upto 2.85L.

Is it a good idea to buy this car. I will be using it for city travel 90% of the time. My daily run is approximately 40kms. I'm hoping I'll be able to drive it for 2-3 years more.

Some questions I have in mind:

1. Are the parts still available for this model as it is 10 years old.
2. Is this the time that a car starts to suck more maintenance cost?
3. Is the price reasonable?
4. What better option I can get for my budget?

Thanks for all your help

kkn13

Suspended
Id suggest splurging the extra bit and going for a 2009 City IVTEC instead
Its engine is still in production in the current city, parts are easily available
Cost would be around 3.5L but the extra bit is worth it

2007 City VTEC parts might be expensive and tough to procure imho and NGT is getting stricter off late

I have a 2008 GXi run 1,20k and runs like a dream. Feels just like it did when new. Almost indestructible. Regularly changed parts are available like clutch, brakes, etc. But my remote locking module has failed and part is taking a while to come. 1.8L is a great price. Here in Bangalore the Gxi sells for 3-3.5L.

kkn13

Suspended
I have a 2008 GXi run 1,20k and runs like a dream. Feels just like it did when new. Almost indestructible. Regularly changed parts are available like clutch, brakes, etc. But my remote locking module has failed and part is taking a while to come. 1.8L is a great price. Here in Bangalore the Gxi sells for 3-3.5L.
Wow thats expensive !!
I knew Bangalore was more expensive but in Mumbai , 3-4L is the average price for a well kept 2009 Honda City

Call me old fashioned but Japanese cars are Japanese cars, they stand the test of time better than the others and parts and costs are bare for years to come
Even service centre experiences are generally better

Shame Mitsubishi isnt taking our market more seriously[cry]

Top Bottom