Chasing My Heart Beat: New Sedan Under Rs.9 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
hello friends. here the time comes for replacing my car which taught me driving,my great companion-my TATA NANO LX [cry] nano was quite good for what it was bought.being 2009 model niggles were coming though small and need of the hour was a comfortable car for mainly city driving and occasional highway drives. my requireents are- 1.body style-sedan(father's choice,sister's VETO) 2.kms-1000 km 3.fuel-petrol 4.able to seat 4 members in comfort 5.my requirements of preference- comfort>safety>price>design>FE>brand>performance 6.budget-7 to 9 lacs Cars which I considered 1.Maruti baleno delta-exterior was good,good space,nice performance. Interiors and build quality was below average .(nexa experience was good). CAR REJECTED. 2.Tata tigor xzo- very stylish,showroom experience was not good.ineriors was not as expected. Car felt overpriced for engines it offered-REJECTED. 3.Hyundai xcent sx-facelift is deinitely better.very nice interiors. loaded with features.nice engine-FINALIST. average dealer experience. 4.Maruti dzire vxi- better exteriors,nice interiors,spacious. build quality is average.VFM,showroom experience was average. FINALIST 5.Maruti ciaz delta- acres of space,very nice interiors,VFM,build quality is good.nexa experiene was fantastic. FINALIST. I wanted to exchange my nano from dealer. quote was almost same.so not a differentiating factor. OTR PRICE-Dzire vxi-7.33L, Xcent sx-7.84L, ciaz delta-9.58L. so friends valuable suggestion of any kind is most welcome. AND is it worth of spending 2L rupees more for ciaz istead of a compact sedan[roll]

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi Rishabh, CIAZ scores in terms of space as compared to compact sedans. Dzire (2017) to me looked cramped in rear seat comfort and personally the looks of new Dzire did not appeal to me. If you are considering CIAZ then also give a thought to the new Honda City. CITY has better styling, better petrol engine and is equally spacious in comparison to CIAZ.

Regards

Akash

Let me confuse you more by adding Nissan Sunny and Ford Aspire :biggrin:

If Tigor feels not VFM (I have same feeling), then Zest should be ideal choice [thinking]

Thread Starter #4
Hi Rishabh, CIAZ scores in terms of space as compared to compact sedans. Dzire (2017) to me looked cramped in rear seat comfort and personally the looks of new Dzire did not appeal to me. If you are considering CIAZ then also give a thought to the new Honda City. CITY has better styling, better petrol engine and is equally spacious in comparison to CIAZ.

Regards

Akash
Hello Akash, honda city is way out of my budget. For my 5'8 " and 67 kg frame space of dzire was good enough although not in acres like ciaz. Waiting period of dzire is now close to 3 months while ciaz is available on the spot. What my concern about dzire is build quality, rest all is good.
Let me confuse you more by adding Nissan Sunny and Ford Aspire :biggrin:

If Tigor feels not VFM (I have same feeling), then Zest should be ideal choice [thinking]
Zest feels a little outdated now with all new launches though it is extremely VFM. Nissan Sunny is taking its last breaths and poor ASS are enough to make a customer stay away. Aspire is good but in petrol motor dzire beats it hands down. Not to mention maruti's fantastic ASS and fuss free ownership.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hello Akash, honda city is way out of my budget. For my 5'8 " and 67 kg frame space of dzire was good enough although not in acres like ciaz. Waiting period of dzire is now close to 3 months while ciaz is available on the spot. What my concern about dzire is build quality, rest all is good.
Rishabh in comparison to Dzire, the CIAZ (ASEAN Spec) has been crash tested and it got a 4 star rating. Dzire 2017 hasn't been tested but is claimed to be using 36% high tensile steel. Now how much of it in Dzire actually translates to improved safety or structure is not clear. As CITY isn't in budget, go for CIAZ.

download.png

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #6
Rishabh in comparison to Dzire, the CIAZ (ASEAN Spec) has been crash tested and it got a 4 star rating. Dzire 2017 hasn't been tested but is claimed to be using 36% high tensile steel. Now how much of it in Dzire actually translates to improved safety or structure is not clear. As CITY isn't in budget, go for CIAZ.

Regards

Akash
Yes i will make a detailed conversation with my dad on worth of Ciaz (2.3L more than dzire) based on our uses. Alto will continue its duty though. And one question - should i consider Xcent seriously as it does all things fine as well.

Dzire is a good choice but Ciaz offers much more than Dzire in terms of space, built quality, and yes a proper sedan feeling and drivability too. Will suggest you ciaz after owning 2015 Dzire myself.
Atlast, its your call. [:)]

Thread Starter #9
Dzire is a good choice but Ciaz offers much more than Dzire in terms of space, built quality, and yes a proper sedan feeling and drivability too. Will suggest you ciaz after owning 2015 Dzire myself.
Atlast, its your call. [:)]
Yeah i considered ciaz but for now, its all new dzire as it will be used for home - medical college - home runs and occasional highway drives. Final call was between dzire and xcent. Despite getting fantastic (literally) discount on sx petrol, i was getting it 30k cheaper than vxi dzire - a long test drive and dzire left the xcent in dust in engine, space and performance.,comfort.

Thread Starter #11
Good that you are getting the car only after 4 1/2 months. By that time whatever steering assembly problem Dezire has would be sorted out at Maruti plant itself.[:)]
My SA aggreed on steering assembly issue and told me that delieveries are halted for a week and maruti has recalled the cars reflecting into massive waiting period. I will do an exhaustive pdi and will ensure that my car is manufactured after july.

Dr Rishabh, Since you're already bowled over with the D'zire after the test drive, INCASE you have not yet booked the car yet, I'd Suggest you Test drive the Ford Aspire (TD karne me kya jaata hai:-) - In case you do the TD, please do it for the diesel variant.
I have booked the Aspire Diesel Titanium for well under 9 Lacs in Bangalore just yesterday and i felt its an absolute VFM product.
My two cents...

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Dr Rishabh, Since you're already bowled over with the D'zire after the test drive, INCASE you have not yet booked the car yet, I'd Suggest you Test drive the Ford Aspire (TD karne me kya jaata hai:-) - In case you do the TD, please do it for the diesel variant.
I have booked the Aspire Diesel Titanium for well under 9 Lacs in Bangalore just yesterday and i felt its an absolute VFM product.
My two cents...
Thanx dude for advice but if I want to spend 8.5 to 9,lakh then my choice would be ciaz in petrol. But if i wanted diesel, the aspire (little rocket) was a definite choice. My running is too low to spend extra money for diesel. And convincing dad on aspire petrol is hill climbing task.

You could wait for Verna it will be launched in August, 2017.
The dzire 2017 really doesnt look good to me its front fascia is more like ambassador.
The Xcent 2017 is VFM got 1.2litre Diesel Engine space at rear is good better than dzire 3 folds.
CIAZ king of all after all its a category above.

Thread Starter #15
You could wait for Verna it will be launched in August, 2017.
The dzire 2017 really doesnt look good to me its front fascia is more like ambassador.
The Xcent 2017 is VFM got 1.2litre Diesel Engine space at rear is good better than dzire 3 folds.
CIAZ king of all after all its a category above.
Hello Doctor, verna will be out of my budget. Front of dzire will take time for getting used to. Yeah xcent is extremely VFM with discounts but it does not hold a candle in space in front of dzire. I think you are comparing interior space of older generation.

Top Bottom