Was About To Book Hyundai Creta And Then GST Happened; Inputs Appreciated

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys, I am in a dilemma.
Was looking for a 5-seater SUV, had zeroed in on Creta 1.6 Petrol, almost on the verge of booking it but then GST rates were announced.
In heaps of confusion whether to book it now or wait after GST?

I am from U.P. and am unable to find a clear tax structure being applied on new vehicles at present here(before GST), so as to calculate the correct increase or decrease in price myself, post-GST.

So if anyone has any idea regarding this situation, specifically Uttar Pradesh(you are more than welcome to post your input even from any other state), please don't hesitate to put down your 2 cents as to what should I do.

I have done my homework though and this is what I have been able to conclude, please tell if there is something wrong etc.

I am unsure about the present tax structure in UP, whether it is 49% or 53%(see details below).
I know it will be 43% post-GST on CRETA (please correct me if I am wrong here too.)

Current Ex-showroom price of Creta SX+ 1.6 Petrol Manual in Meerut, U.P. - Rs.12,04,483
Current On-Road price, as quoted by the dealer, in Meerut, U.P. - Rs.14,07,494
(which includes TCS-Rs.12,045, Accessories-Rs.7,200, Zero Dep. insurance-Rs.54,068, Registration-Rs.1,25,448, Extended warranty-10829)

Now,
1. If present rate is 49%(30% Excise + 14% VAT + 4% Infra Cess + 1% Luxury Cess),
Ex-showroom price, post-GST, will be Rs.11,55,995(Rs.48,488 cheaper)
2. If present rate is 53%(30% Excise + 14% VAT + 4% Infra Cess + 1% Luxury Cess + 2% CST + 1% NCCD + 0.5% Krishi Kalyan Cess),
Ex-showroom price, post-GST, will be Rs.11,25,759(Rs.78,724 cheaper)

And,
1. If present rate is 49%, then On-Road price will be - Rs.13,55,251 (Rs.52,243 cheaper)
2. If present rate is 53%, then On-Road price will be - Rs.13,21,690 (Rs.85,804 cheaper)

So guys, this is what I have been able to figure out till now, I know its a long post, but if you have even the slightest idea what is going to happen post-GST, in regard to Creta, please help a fellow car enthusiast out. Or if you know about the present tax structure in UP, please tell, it will help in further simplifying things.
I am gonna post it on a couple more places too, so if I get any reply from there I will update it here.

Many thanks.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Was about to book Creta and then GST happened; Inputs appreciated

Indeed there is a lot of confusion regarding gst rates. Its hard to digest that the rates will decrease [lol] anyways if you can wait ,there's no urgency, then you should.
Sales advisors won't tell you clearly and they will try to close the deal at the earliest.
Can't help you with gst rates but would like to tell you about insurance so you can save some money.

get insurance from outside or ask the advisors to match the quote. I paid 49500rs for a idv of 1462xxx rs which includes zero dep , consumables and engine and gearbox cover.

Do update if you find the correct rate.

Thread Starter #3

Indeed there is a lot of confusion regarding gst rates. Its hard to digest that the rates will decrease [lol] anyways if you can wait ,there's no urgency, then you should.
Sales advisors won't tell you clearly and they will try to close the deal at the earliest.
Can't help you with gst rates but would like to tell you about insurance so you can save some money.

get insurance from outside or ask the advisors to match the quote. I paid 49500rs for a idv of 1462xxx rs which includes zero dep , consumables and engine and gearbox cover.

Do update if you find the correct rate.
Yes, currently in the waiting phase. Asked the advisors from two showrooms but they act like they don't know anything, as you said.
One of them even said that its compulsory to get the insurance from them and you are not allowed to take insurance from outside. I knew he was trying to pull a quickie..
Will update here if I manage to find out a clear picture.

Thanks.

kkn13

Suspended

Yes, currently in the waiting phase. Asked the advisors from two showrooms but they act like they don't know anything, as you said.
One of them even said that its compulsory to get the insurance from them and you are not allowed to take insurance from outside. I knew he was trying to pull a quickie..
Will update here if I manage to find out a clear picture.

Thanks.
Frankly insurance from dealer usually means they want to make a quick buck and add unnecessary parts during insurance claims but on the bright side, they do the work quicker and a lot less effort on our end
In case of 3rd party, a bit more hassles and time goes imho

I know it shouldnt be this way but unfortunately it is

Sir, please do a check on carwale site. Checked few minutes back & found substantial drop in prices for Creta, Tucson, Endeavour & Fortuner.

I hope car makers pass on full benifits to us.

Thread Starter #10
Hyundai has updated their website with post-GST prices.

Carwale was showing ex-showroom prices around 36K cheaper than what the prices actually came out to be. Seems like my calculation was almost correct. :)
With this pricing suddenly the SX+ AT seems drool worthy.

Suggestions guys? Thinking to go for AT now.

Thanks.

When i went to the local Hyundai showroom early this year, I was shocked to know that the Creta Diesel Manual SX (O) Variant had more features than the Diesel Auto SX+ variant.

However I had decided then itself that if i was going to upgrade my vehicle, my next vehicle - whichever car I bought - would be an Auto for ease of driving in current Mumbai city traffic.

Since you are keen on purchasing the Creta, the Automatic with current drop in prices makes terrific sense. I guess most Hyundai showrooms will now be getting super bookings for the Creta with the price drop.

Even the Tuscon now looks promising with a huge price cut of upwards of Rs 2 Lakhs.

Did you ask your dealer regarding rumours of the next Creta being introduced. If it is going to be introduced soon, maybe you should wait for the updated version.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
When i went to the local Hyundai showroom early this year, I was shocked to know that the Creta Diesel Manual SX (O) Variant had more features than the Diesel Auto SX+ variant.
Yes, SX(O) has more features, that MID alone is way better than all other variants, sadly doesn't come in AT and Petrol. Plus its still a bit out of my budget. :(

However I had decided then itself that if i was going to upgrade my vehicle, my next vehicle - whichever car I bought - would be an Auto for ease of driving in current Mumbai city traffic.

Since you are keen on purchasing the Creta, the Automatic with current drop in prices makes terrific sense. I guess most Hyundai showrooms will now be getting super bookings for the Creta with the price drop.

Even the Tuscon now looks promising with a huge price cut of upwards of Rs 2 Lakhs.
That's what I am thinking, ease of driving plus some more features than SX+ Manual (like 17" Diamond cut alloys) has made me more inclined towards AT now.
Going to visit the showroom tomorrow and getting it booked ASAP.

Did you ask your dealer regarding rumours of the next Creta being introduced. If it is going to be introduced soon, maybe you should wait for the updated version
I did asked and they said it is not going to launch this year. So I decided not to wait..

All the best with the booking. I hope you get your dream vehicle soon without any delays.

Keep updating this thread so we know the deal you could squeeze and other important points for future Creta buyers.

Thread Starter #14
Booked yesterday Sleek Silver SX+ AT :)
Didn;t took insurance from the dealer, On-Road Price is coming out to be Rs.14,07,862, including Rs.7200 for dealer accessories.
Hoping to squeeze in a little more discount at the time of final invoice payment on the day of delivery.
They have promised to deliver it by the end of this month, now the waiting begins. :P

EDIT: Also guys please suggest some must have accessories and if possible links for the trustworthy sites for accessories, if you have tried them before.
Currently looking for some good Bumper guards and 3D/5D mats.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Booked yesterday Sleek Silver SX+ AT :)
Didn;t took insurance from the dealer, On-Road Price is coming out to be Rs.14,07,862, including Rs.7200 for dealer accessories.
Hoping to squeeze in a little more discount at the time of final invoice payment on the day of delivery.
They have promised to deliver it by the end of this month, now the waiting begins. :P

EDIT: Also guys please suggest some must have accessories and if possible links for the trustworthy sites for accessories, if you have tried them before.
Currently looking for some good Bumper guards and 3D/5D mats.

Thanks.
Congratulations!
I also booked Creta Petrol SX+ AT last Saturday (8th July). Dealer said it will take 15 to 20 days. On road price Rs. 15,07,xxx/-. They agreed to give 10k cash discount.

Top Bottom