Buying Maruti Swift, Petrol or Diesel?

Thread Starter #1
Hello members,
I am in search of a car for my daily use and i am much more inclined toward buying off petrol swift and confused between petrol or diesel engine options
I have met numerous people who either claim a very good fuel economy from petrol swift and met some who told me about not so good fuel economy of petrol engine in Maruti swift.

Thanks in Advance

Harshit

Hello Hacky,

Warm welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.com,

Firstly calculate the kilometers you'd be driving on monthly basis, say you're driving 1500 kms or less petrol would suit and more than that would be diesel as diesels are costly by a lakh and with maintenance whereas petrols needs less maintenance and good for occasional trips and not much usage.

Thread Starter #3
My running is about 2500- 3000 km in a month.
The difference of approx one lack between the middle petrol variant and the middle diesel variant is actually making me think. If Petrol swift is capable of delivering fuel efficiency in between 19-21 then my decision would me more inclined toward petrol swift.

Kindly suggest with the best .

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
19-21kmpl in petrol [lol] what are the figures quoted by guys who are not getting good mileage in their petrol cars ?
Don't think swift petrol gives more than14kmpl- 15kmpl in city driving.
19-21kmpl is more like highway figures. Get the diesel if your running is 2500kms+.
Do check figo diesel and liva diesel.

kkn13

Suspended
Diesel vs Petrol selection on basis of usage etc is no longer very necessary imho

If going for Swift, go for diesel imho, servicing is fairly cheap, engine is very proven and robust, resale value is great too
My Ritz used to give me 18kmpl with heavy acceleration etc in worst case and 24kmpl in normal driving

My running is about 2500- 3000 km in a month.
The difference of approx one lack between the middle petrol variant and the middle diesel variant is actually making me think. If Petrol swift is capable of delivering fuel efficiency in between 19-21 then my decision would me more inclined toward petrol swift.

Kindly suggest with the best .
The fuel efficiency of Diesel Swift is max around 21-22kmpl on an average, then expect the petrol to give you around 18 max, and when you have high running usage as you mentioned, I'd recommend you go for a diesel swift even if it costs a lakh more the fuel bills will be less, unless you are particularly inclined with petrol.

Top Bottom