How Does Ford Figo Diesel Compare To Swift (Diesel / Petrol)?

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone! New member here from Maharashtra. I'm a rather novice driver.
I wanted to buy a new hatchback, so looking for advice from people more experienced than me.

Specifically I wanted a car in 5- 8 lakhs range in petrol or diesel.
My preference is for Handling, Performance, Aftersales and Looks.

Was looking into Swift earlier but since a new one is coming out in September, decided to take a look at other cars.

So i wanted your take on Performance, Handling and Ownership costs of Figo diesel vs the Swift petrol/diesel.

Figo easily beats swift in performance category. But i couldn't really get a feel for the handling during short test drives. Please review the after sales and service quality for Figo.

Also, is it a bad idea to buy a low selling car like Figo? I can deal with high depreciation but I don't want to face difficulty buying spare parts in 2022!

Thank you for reading.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: How does Figo diesel compare to Swift(diesel/petrol) ?

you can take a look at my ownership review. you can check the low service cost updates in reply number 1.
just like you i don't care for resale but the actual car itself. and don't worry about the spare parts , don't think spare parts will be an issue.

do bargain hard with the dealer. i was getting 4 years warranty with 20k cash discounts and parking sensors with the car on first round of discussions. you should easily get 30k discounts with warranty and parking sensors.
btw which variant will you be looking at ? you should buy the titanium if you have the budget.

Thread Starter #3
Yes sir, I'm looking at Titanium because i don't trust myself without abs.

In your review you mentioned rattling in the front console and squeaking in the rear doors. Has that been fixed?

How useful have you found the sensors and the rear mirror display? What's your opinion on the black coloured Figo?

Also, at what price did you buy your car? I've heard that ford has lowered the prices.

This is the quotation given to me by dealer( www.imgur.com/ZVQRKCT ). Please take a look and tell me if thats reasonable.

How much discount and what extras should i ask for?

Thank you for such a quick reply!

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
the trend variant also comes with abs now. check the brochure.
the rattle have gone on its own. no other rattle present.

also i get a mileage of 17kpml in summers and 20kmpl in winters city traffic.
on highways it should easily cross 24kmpl.
parking sensors are really helpful , the mirror not so much.

take insurance from outside which should include zero depreciation plus consumables cover or ask ford to match the quote you got from outside.
ford decreased prices for the titanium and the titanium optional variant and not the trend. at my time difference was significant so had to choose the trend.
black color looks good on every car but maintenance will be headache because of all the dust. after 15 minutes you will see a dust layer.

get the essential kit for free plus 2 years extended warranty , parking sensors and 30k cash discount. if one dealer is not giving you discounts ask another.

Attachments

Thread Starter #6
@allhyundaicars : Okay sir. Thank you. Going to the dealer this evening.

@VISHNU : Not considering figo petrol at all. Figo 1.5's performance is no doubt unparalleled. However i wanted to know how it compares to other cars in Handling and Steering feel department.

kkn13

Suspended
Petrols in both are very boring
The diesels in both are very very fun to drive and fairly proven engines at this point
Both cars will satisfy you but both have different pros and cons and cannot be compared directly
Given a choice, Id wait for the next gen Swift coming soon this year and seeing the newly launched Dzire, Im actually pretty excited for the new Swift
If you cannot wait, Figo is a good buy unless you get some extreme deal on current Swift Diesel

I own a figo -TDci . it is a lot powerful than Swift and gives a better mileage .

Handling is good and ride quality also good or at par with siwft .
Might be my bad driving or extra speed , back seat people felt too much body roll . so now I have to reduce the speed . wish it had a bigger tyre .
Swift is good , but when we compare the price and the 1.5 with that power .. It is sheer fun to drive Figo and overtaking is such an ease. Never felt tired after driving it.

kkn13

Suspended
I own a figo -TDci . it is a lot powerful than Swift and gives a better mileage .

Handling is good and ride quality also good or at par with siwft .
Might be my bad driving or extra speed , back seat people felt too much body roll . so now I have to reduce the speed . wish it had a bigger tyre .
Swift is good , but when we compare the price and the 1.5 with that power .. It is sheer fun to drive Figo and overtaking is such an ease. Never felt tired after driving it.
True both behave the same at city speeds but on the highway, 1.5 is the clear winner not that 1.3 mjd is a slouch though

Top Bottom