Questions For Hyundai Creta Owners. Please Help

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I'm planning on buying Creta. Diesel or Petrol - undecided. My questions are primarily on the quality of exterior / interiors and drive experience. I've tried to find answers on the forum but guess my questions are a bit different.

I own Verna (3 years old) and Honda Civic (7 years old). So my questions are a bit related to my experience using the same.

1. How is the interior material durability of Creta? Is it lasting enough for a long term buy?
(My experience with Verna has been bad in terms of interior quality. The a/c vents knobs have all fallen off after 2.5 years, the handbrake on the Verna doesnt work as smoothly as it was at the begining. While Civic's has been excellent even after 7 years)
2. Is the front armrest comfortable enough to place left hand on while driving? Is it good enough for two people to place their arms on the armrest?
3. How comfortable are the seat belts of Creta? I've got trouble wearing Verna's seatbelts, it doesn't feel comfortable at all.
4. Do you feel comfrotable sitting on the driver's seat while driving?
5. How sturdy are the bumpers / exteriors of Creta in a bumper accident situation?
(My Civic has been hit many times on the back, but the bumper just keeps going, while the one on Verna looks like it would fall of in a minor bumper accident too)
6. How good is the Creta on turns? Is it sturdy or does it feel like the car will roll sidewards on fast turns on highways?
7. How good is Creta on highways at high speeds? Is it smooth or feels jarry / rickety?
8. Any owners who own the car for 1 plus year - Does it feel creeky / rickety inside or does it feel rock solid as new in terms of noise from the interiors?

kkn13

Suspended
Re: Questions for Creta owners. Please help.

I dont have a Creta per say but I know quite a few people who do (Quite a few ex- Honda city Dolphin owners and a few Hyundai loyalits)
None of my friends' cars have any issues so far
One had a minor steering issue but it was fixed immediately

1. Im a Honda loyalist myself and own an immaculate ANHC 2010 myself . Creta really impressed me since older Hyundais were very cheap feeling in my personal opinion. I think Hyundai has come leaps and bounds ahead in terms of quality and I feel its safe to say Hyundai is the new Honda (The old Honda that is, till 2013, when Honda switched to the absymal Brio platform and current City platform). I dont think youll have any major issues with the car at all. Civic and 2009 ANHC are still my favourite cars though and it astonishes me that most other cars including the current City dont feel as well built as them. Creta interiors feel very solid and well built imho.

2. and 3. Depends on your personal preference, take multiple test drives imho

4. Very comfy and commanding position. I found it higher and better than even BMW X1 and Audi Q3 which feel very low in comparison.

6. and 7. Creta is pretty planted for a compact (psuedo? not in negative sense) SUV. Dynamics are very car like yet it gives a good SUV-ish feel. Doesnt feel too large either. Steering is bit heavier than other Hyundais and thats a good thing. Honda steering is more precise however but Cretas is liveable I feel, not bad at all. Might take a while to get used to.

8. So far , I havent heard of or seen anything amiss in any of my friends cars. Maybe try a few ownership reports.

Im actually planning to buy Tucson and was gonna buy Creta myself actually but my dad felt Tucson was more vfm for the extra bit(engine, legroom, suspension etc , Cretas isnt bad at all though)

Hope this helped you[:)]

Thread Starter #3

Wow! Thanks for such a detailed reply. I'll be going soon for a test drive and will try to figure out the seating comfort. As for others, I'll try speaking to a few Creta oweners. Nonetheless, your reply really helps me. Thank you :)

Creta, Less wide, less weight and more height I hope may not be stable as we thought. These are the problems with these pseudo SUVs.

-suryaputhra

Last edited:

@ravimital99, See below link
Think of a situation when both the cars were interchanged, MS tin box will be out of the frame for sure. What made Creta to topple is the impact vector. At least the structure remains safe after the incident.

Think of a situation when both the cars were interchanged, MS tin box will be out of the frame for sure. What made Creta to topple is the impact vector. At least the structure remains safe after the incident.
That is enough for a passenger in Creta to have third degree concussion and neck injury, based on my experience, I had two fatal accidents, involved cars are so called MSIL Tin cans one swift and other Zen. Real time accident dynamics are beyond the design.

-suryaputhra

Top Bottom