Used Hyundai i20 vs Maruti Swift vs Ford Figo

Thread Starter #1
Gurus, please help me deciding used diesel car purchase. I have shortlisted a few cars as follows :-

Hyundai i20 1.4 asta Crdi 2011, 90000 KMs odo reading. Buying from a dealer.
Swift vdi 2011-12 :- price quoted 3.75 to 4.50
Ford figo titanium tdci 2012 100000 kms ,ranging 2.75 to 3.30

Please help me deciding, I have sold my wagon r 3rd owner 2011 lxi and now in search of diesel.

Which diesel would be more suited and less maintenance cost for my approximate 18000 KMs yearly run. My Max budget is 3.75 to 4.00.
Thanks in advance

Thread Starter #2
Hi,
I have bought i20 Crdi asta 2011, it is running well, the dealer had shown his full colour, the vehicle has been driven more than 1.5l instead odo showing 75k. I have got the owners number and he confirmed the same.
As per him he has done all services before 10k intervals. The car is running well although I don't have knowledge of mechanicals, I would not say if something is wrong.
What do you guys suggest ,should I keep this vehicle or sale it.
Pls help

Hi,
I have bought i20 Crdi asta 2011, it is running well, the dealer had shown his full colour,
Sorry we couldn't reply to your query in time.
Congratulation on your new acquirement [clap]. Enjoy, happy and safe miles. [:D]

Hi,
the vehicle has been driven more than 1.5l instead odo showing 75k. I have got the owners number and he confirmed the same.
This is a common practice done by dealers everywhere.
I have seen many hyundai crdi pushing towards 2L kms. However it may go up or down depending on driving condition.

Hi,
As per him he has done all services before 10k intervals. The car is running well although I don't have knowledge of mechanicals, I would not say if something is wrong.
Pls help
My suggestion is go to your trusted mechanic and ask him to take a look.

Thread Starter #4
One of my very close friend runs a spare parts shop and he only introduced me to the dealer, as per him the car is very well maintained and nothing to spent on it, but he also got shocked about the actual odo reading.
What my concern is, can Crdi i20 go 2-2.5 lac if maintained. And what should be the expanses of I need to overhaul the engine.
Regards

kkn13

Suspended
One of my very close friend runs a spare parts shop and he only introduced me to the dealer, as per him the car is very well maintained and nothing to spent on it, but he also got shocked about the actual odo reading.
What my concern is, can Crdi i20 go 2-2.5 lac if maintained. And what should be the expanses of I need to overhaul the engine.
Regards
beware of turbo failure imho

kkn13

Suspended
What if turbo fails, what is the total cost for repair and will it lasts another lac
tough to say, depends on alot of conditions
Best take extended warranty or maybe shoot off an email to Hyundai regarding odometer malpractice so they offer the same if they refuse to do so

Thread Starter #9
I haven't bought it from Hyundai, it is from some individual dealer, what can the mail to Hyundai effect.
Nothing much, what should be the expanses of wear and tear of engine such as turbo, clutch,timing belts and any other item .

Turbo overhaul can cost around half the price of the car (Maximum)

The main issue is turbo is the prime component in a diesel engine,so all its associated components also need to be replaced as the car might have run a lot of kilometres after turbo issue crops up.

Hyundai's clutch overhauling (all components incl labour )- 17k-20k
Timing belts need to be replaced after every 80-90k km .

Hi,
I have bought i20 Crdi asta 2011, it is running well, the dealer had shown his full colour, the vehicle has been driven more than 1.5l instead odo showing 75k. I have got the owners number and he confirmed the same.
Pls help
You try to visit a helpful hyundai authorised service outlet they by logging in service website can trace out if your car has been serviced at proper intervals . I think even if odometer is tampered service logins can be adjusted by service dealers but they leave a trace which dealer has logged in on which all dates and they have to send a proof to hyundai with odometer km screenshot to get odo kms changed in website.If so complain to hyundai if tampered by service dealer.

Top Bottom