Which i10 should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
I won't bother with all the details mentioned in the Sticky thread. Reason; I want an i10. The confusion is between the different versions. Here are the options.

1.1 IRDE Magna (Old Shape): Rs.4,07,000/- OTR
1.1 IRDE2 Magna (New Shape): Rs.4,42,588/-OTR
1.2 Kappa2 Magna (New Shape): Rs.4,59,687/-OTR
1.2 IRDE2 Sportz (New Shape): Rs.4,92,191/-OTR

I'll get around 15K off on any new shape model as free insurance.

The old shape is basically the ex-showroom price. I'm getting Insurance, Road Tax and extended warranty free.

Between the Sportz & Magna the following are the extras on the Sportz for Rs.32K extra over the Magna:
Rear Spoiler
Music System (I don't need it)
Door & Tailgate ajar warning
Seat belt warning
Heated Mirrors (I don't need it)
Intermittent Wiper
Rear Wiper
Rear Defogger
Driver Vanity mirror (I don't need it)
Luggage compartment lamp

Aditionally I need foglamps & remote locking. Most of the features can be fitted to the Magna except the rear wiper & defogger.

How much will it cost to fit the following:
Spoiler (I heard it's about 9K)
Luggage compartment lamp
Intermittent wiper control (costs 1100 to put the switch from the Sportz)
Door & tailgate ajar warning (not sure if it can be retrofitted)
Seatbelt warning (not sure if it can be retrofitted)

Considering this is it worth going for the Sportz?

My original choice was the old Magna 1.1 but they only have one piece and it's black (wife does not like the colour). Also heard that there's a big difference in the resale.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel what you save on discounts on the old model will be lost in re-sale.

My suggestion go for the new model Sportz variant , rear wipers , defogger and heated mirrors will be very handy while driving in rains. Trust me , i really miss heated mirrors while driving in rains!

I would suggest you to go for a Kappa2 Magna. You can buy the spoiler and fog lamps from some good accessory shop. The spoiler will cost you about Rs. 4000(painting/fitting charges included). Another 3000bucks for a pair of foglamps. And you done.

Thread Starter #5
I feel what you save on discounts on the old model will be lost in re-sale. My suggestion go for the new model Sportz variant , rear wipers , defogger and heated mirrors will be very handy while driving in rains. Trust me , i really miss heated mirrors while driving in rains!
But I also get a crappy stereo which I don't need.

I would suggest you to go for a Kappa2 Magna. You can buy the spoiler and fog lamps from some good accessory shop. The spoiler will cost you about Rs. 4000(painting/fitting charges included). Another 3000bucks for a pair of foglamps. And you done.
But I'll have to live without the rear wash wipe.

I'm confused.

We can live without Rear wash and wipe and heated mirrors but they are really worth having in a car especially heated mirrors.

OE music system you can change the speakers alone to get a good SQ.

350Z

Core Team
Hi Peter,

Your dilemma is very similar to that of Sandeep's (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...041-worth-spend-38k-wagon-r-vxi-over-lxi.html). First thing, I would recommend is to go with the face-lifted model. Second, about the choice between the two variants (Magna and Sportz) actually depends upon you because personally, I do not find the difference in features to be very huge, and one could do without most of them. However, looking on the other hand, the price difference is not also actually much, and could slightly advantage in the resale value too if you plan to sell off the car soon. I would suggest, try negotiating with the dealer if he can reduce this price gap. Keep that cheque of Rs.4,57,191~ ready, and tell him that you are ready to purchase the i10 Sportz on the spot if the deal settles at this price (But don't apparently show that you are desperate about it). Find out the prices from other Hyundai dealers as well, also, since it is the year-end, I hope that it would not be that difficult. Hope you understand what I mean. Good luck.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8
We can live without Rear wash and wipe and heated mirrors but they are really worth having in a car especially heated mirrors.
OE music system you can change the speakers alone to get a good SQ.
I think I'll have to settle for the Magna unless they come with a really good offer on the Sportz.

First thing, I would recommend is to go with the face-lifted model.
Done, I've decided on the 1.2 Kappa2 VTVT engine.

Second, about the choice between the two variants (Magna and Sportz) actually depends upon you because personally, I do not find the difference in features to be very huge, and one could do without most of them. However, looking on the other hand, the price difference is not also actually much, and could slightly advantage in the resale value too if you plan to sell off the car soon. I would suggest, try negotiating with the dealer if he can reduce this price gap. Keep that cheque of Rs.4,57,191~ ready, and tell him that you are ready to purchase the i10 Sportz on the spot if the deal settles at this price (But don't apparently show that you are desperate about it).
Exactly my doubt. I already asked to see what they they come up with as some of the features on the Sportz cannot be installed later.

Find out the prices from other Hyundai dealers as well, also, since it is the year-end, I hope that it would not be that difficult. Hope you understand what I mean. Good luck.
I given that job to my sister as she knows the owners of the other dealership. Lets see what they come up with.

1.1 IRDE Magna (Old Shape): Rs.4,07,000/- OTR
1.1 IRDE2 Magna (New Shape): Rs.4,42,588/-OTR
1.2 Kappa2 Magna (New Shape): Rs.4,59,687/-OTR
1.2 IRDE2 Sportz (New Shape): Rs.4,92,191/-OTR
That should read 1.2 Kappa2 Sportz (New Shape): Rs.4,92,191/-OTR

Good decision Peter, stick to the latest and highest possible model available and then go for remaining mods.

Thread Starter #10
That's right. I think I'll go for the Magna and add new tyres & alloys, spoiler, fog lamps, central locking, scuff plates, switch gear from the Asta (3 speed wiper and fog lamp switch). The additional stuff is around 9K from Hyundai except the spoiler. I'm keeping a budget of around 25K for tyres and alloys. Of course I'll get something for the stock tyres.

Of course waiting to see if I can get a good deal on the Sportz in which case I'll go for it.

Thread Starter #11
Got a call from the other dealer (Goa Hyundai). They are ready to give a flat discount of 22K and all basic accessories. The cost of this actually included in the price as other charges (Handling & Logistics:4000 & Basic accessories:1636).

OTR: 4,92,191
Foglamps: 3,500
Remote Locking: 3,000
Discount: 22,000
Stereo buy back: 7,000
======================
Total: 4,69691
======================

This is for the Sportz Model. They are als willing to give the discount for the Magna.

Wow , that's great! I feel its better going in for Sportz even now.

And stereo buy back , what's this? The dealer will take the OE HU and speakers outside while delivery? This is something new which am hearing!

Thread Starter #13
Wow , that's great! I feel its better going in for Sportz even now.
Yea I'm going in for the Sportz.

And stereo buy back , what's this? The dealer will take the OE HU and speakers outside while delivery? This is something new which am hearing!
What it means is that they will remove the OE stereo & speakers and give me a discount of 7K. Actually the Remote locking and fog lamps come to 6.5K, so I get a discount of 500 or I can take something worth 500. Thinking of taking the scuff plates which cost around 600.

BTW the OE stereo is available as a Hyundai accessory for 12K. They will probably sell my set for around 10K or if the buyer asks for it to be installed at delivery, then maybe for 12K.

Last edited:
For the choice of engine,kappa 2 or irde 2 .both are a newer enginen than the previous engines.so any kind of issues in the old ones are now cleared in the newer ones.Also for city drive and mileage go for irde2 and for more highway drives choose kappa2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom