New Ford Figo vs Tata Tiago: Need To Choose My 1st Car

Thread Starter #1
Hi TAIians! I'm searching for a mid-sized hatchback as my 1st car purchase as have shortlisted the new Ford Figo and the Tata Tiago. Both are awesome in their own ways. Below are the pros and cons that I have noticed in both cars. I'm not comparing both the cars since they have completely different engines and dimensions. I'm doing a head-to-head of both the cars on a feature-wise and overall package basis.

Tiago pros:
  1. very detailed instruments panel
  2. good FE
  3. awesome music system by Harman
  4. Tata's after sales service seems to have improved (at least that's what i understand are reading some of the posts in various threads in the owners review forum)
  5. most of the features are available in the xz variant, including parking sensors, rear defogger etc

Tiago cons:
  1. vibrations in gear lever, driver's seat and door when idle
  2. quality of interior elements are not the best out there, neither are they the worst. It's kinda ok
  3. the door lock lever/switch is so old school like what we had in the legendary Maruti 800. A more conventional door lock switch at least like in the Indica Vista might have been appreciated

Figo pros:
  1. better to drive around than Tiago
  2. interior feels more up to the competition
  3. amazing looks
  4. better NVH levels

Figo cons:
  1. poor FE for petrol variant
  2. reverse parking sensors are not provided even in the top end variant. Have to buy as an accessory. If I'm lucky enough to get it as a free accessory from the dealer then this con is compensated! ;)
  3. I don't know much about Ford's after sales service in my area (Trivandrum/Ernakulam). If anyone in this forum is from these area as owns the new Figo petrol or diesel, pls help me with your feedback regarding your service experience till now.

Considering the above points, it's very difficult to choose either cars. I need the help from you guys to choose the best one from these two vehicles!!

Hoping to get valuable points from you regard both the cars!!
Thanks in advance!
Regards, Balaram.

Re: Not able to choose among new Ford Figo and Tata Tiago as my 1st car

Please wait for Tigor and then take the decision as you might get things sorted out which you mentioned in Cons area of Tiago and better engine specs along with that the resale would be better for Tata than Ford:

2. quality of interior elements are not the best out there, neither are they the worst. It's kinda ok

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Comparing Tiago and Figo, I always recommend Figo by means of built quality and performance (sorry no offense to Taigo owners!). Also heard Ford ASS are always good ( not sure about Trivandrum/Eranakulam region, but very good in Kannur/Calicut area - I was having a Ford Fiesta and never had any problem so far)

I am surprised that the interior of Figo appeals more to you than Tiago. the interior design and quality is forte of Tiago and feels better than Figo definitely. Figo wins in pure performance, nvh levels for sure. Personally the NVH levels are felt only when idle in Tiago and there is 0 vibrations on the gear lever (atleast in my car), its more felt on the steering wheel but only sometimes. Initial batches had vibrations on the gear lever but they fixed it with an ecu update. Normally I can't call it bothersome. I personally don't like aftermarket black parking sensors as it doesn't gel well with the exteriors in my books. Figo has a bigger boot by the way.

[*]I don't know much about Ford's after sales service in my area (Trivandrum/Ernakulam). If anyone in this forum is from these area as owns the new Figo petrol or diesel, pls help me with your feedback regarding your service experience till now.
Harry Ford is the best in trivandrum for Ford A.S.S.

Im giving my Fiesta over here from the day they have started their venture. Im very much satisfied with their attitude. I did not face any issues with them. If you short list the next car as Figo you can choose Ginu or Arun from Harry Ford. Both have a good experience. Im giving my car to Ginu.

Among both the cars I would suggest you to go for Figo. Please test drive both the cars and you can feel the difference.

I have PM you my number. If you have any doubts please call. [:)]

Thread Starter #6

Harry Ford is the best in trivandrum for Ford A.S.S.

Im giving my Fiesta over here from the day they have started their venture. Im very much satisfied with their attitude. I did not face any issues with them. If you short list the next car as Figo you can choose Ginu or Arun from Harry Ford. Both have a good experience. Im giving my car to Ginu.

Among both the cars I would suggest you to go for Figo. Please test drive both the cars and you can feel the difference.

I have PM you my number. If you have any doubts please call. [:)]
Thank you msjawahar. Will check my messages. What about FE of the Figo? I heard it is pretty low...

Please wait for Tigor and then take the decision as you might get things sorted out which you mentioned in Cons area of Tiago and better engine specs along with that the resale would be better for Tata than Ford:

You need P or D ?

If D then go with Figo.

Thread Starter #9

One of my friend who uses it told me once that the max hes achieving is 14 KMPL
Oh, but that too is very low right, compared to Tiago offers?? [thinking] [sad]

You need P or D ?

If D then go with Figo.
Hi Gautam! I thought I would go for petrol model since my average monthly drive would be less than 700km (<15km on weekdays + occasional 400km trip from Trivandrum to Ernakulam and back) [:)]

Last edited:

Oh, but that too is very low right, compared to Tiago offers?? [thinking] [sad]
Yes compared with Tiago it is very low. But not really sure how much is the mileage in Tiago in real conditions. I guess it will definitely fetch you minimum of 16-17 KMPL. I think you can wait for Tigor. Price wise it might be almost similar to Figo.

Hi Gautam! I thought I would go for petrol model since my average monthly drive would be less than 700km (<15km on weekdays + occasional 400km trip from Trivandrum to Ernakulam and back) [:)]
Hello brother.
Then petrol makes sense. I would suggest Figo. But best is wait to for Tigor too.

Thread Starter #12

https://www.carwale.com/m/news/tata-tigor-picture-gallery-28234/
Tata Tigor official photos!! [cheers] Looks mouthwatering!! Will wait till it's launched on March 29th!!!! Looks promising!

I am surprised that the interior of Figo appeals more to you than Tiago. the interior design and quality is forte of Tiago and feels better than Figo definitely.
Abhisek, you're right. After setting the pics of the Tigor only I realised how good looking the dashboard of the Tiago is. The Tigor seems to come with a touch screen music system, which makes it more interesting! Waiting for the official release of the Tigor!! [:D]

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
Is Tigor getting 1.3 MJD? I see mixed reports on this
Im surprised Tiago didnt get it

Last edited:
I would suggest Tiago since it is great VFM car. Great interiors and also you have very good mileage.

If you can wait for sometime then Tigor can also be the car you may want to look at.

Top Bottom