Planning To Buy My First Car

Thread Starter #1
Hi Experts,
I'm planning to buy my first car and need your valuable suggestions to select the right one. As I don't want to compromise with security features, FE & ASS that's the reason considering Baleno Delta, Zest XMS Petrol variant so far as my monthly uses not more than 700km. budget between 6.5-7.5. I'll keep this car for more than 5 years. So please help me to finalize a best car which fulfill all my requirements. Also please add any other car if you think that will be good for my usage. I'll mostly drive in city.

Check i20 active s variant petrol. Approx 8 lakhs otr here in kolkata.
Mileage real life figures around 13-14 kmpl
Baleno gives around 17kmpl in the city.

If your monthly run is 700 with city and highway mixed use and people travelling mostly wouldn't be with XXL physic then go for HYUNDAI Grand i10 Asta.

In my opinion, buying a bigger car with less features in higher segment is not worthy then buying a lower segment car with fully features loaded.

For example buying Grand i10 Asta would be more worthy then buying a Elite i20 Magna or some lower variant.

First of all when you buy a top end vehicle, you get all the bells and whistles and the car looks cool.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for all your suggestions... I've enquired zest xms in Bangalore and they coated 7.34L including gold amc, 4yrs extended warranty and reverse parking sensor with camera with 20 days waiting. Where as nexa on road price 7.6L without any accessories and 22weeks waiting for Baleno Delta. Almost all security features are available in these two cars.
I can't stretch my budget more than 7.5L so i20 is out of my reach.
@Gautam J Tigor may launch by Sept as per TML.

Thread Starter #7
Ok... if 29th then will wait till then... but what I heard is media drive will starts from 29th and will launch it next quarter.

kkn13

Suspended
Facelifted i10 Grand would be my personal preference though neither Tiago nor i10 Grand petrol have very wow-factor engines and both are very sedate engines though Tiago has the edge in interiors and pricing for the $$$ spent
i10 Grand diesel is very peppy to drive and very refined but falls short of the Fiat 1.3 MJD found in Fiat,Maruti, TML and Chevrolet cars

Baleno is easily one of the best equipped and most balanced cars in this category with very fun to drive engines
Other cars worth considering are the Tiago and i10 Grand but both are a category lower

I wouldnt suggest Zest since you plan on keeping the car for a long time and since its an older platform, parts and resale will certainly be affected big time in the coming years

I dont think Tigor,Nexon will fit your budget but best to wait and confirm after launch

I personally prefer Zest XMS over delta Baleno as it is a good vehicle and turbocharged will benefit with additional torque . Advantages of Baleno slightly better mileage possible and better resale value , based on the demand for Baleno.

Thread Starter #12
Thanks kkn13 & monosigma for your valuable suggestions. just found a YouTube link which explained specifications and price. I think I should wait for it before taking any decision.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EyNPtDVS-A8

BTW is Tata Zest xms not worth at 7.34L. I found some good reviews here and other forums for Zest. So considered this car during my initial search.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why dont you look Honda jazz if you stretch your budget by one more lakh you can get SV mt petrol option with 8.5 lacs on road. If your going for emi diff will be in thousands if not hundreds per month.

Otherwise if your fixed with budget look for Tiago it is far better and new car. Grand i10 is another tin can. Structure is not very safe in grandi10. I20 is a bad petrol car performance wise , it is really good in diesel option.

Last edited by a moderator:

kkn13

Suspended
Why dont u look Honda jazz if u stretch ur budget by one more lakh u can get SV mt petrol option with 8.5 lacs on road. If ur going for emi diff will be in thousands if not hundreds per month.

Otherwise if ur fixed with budget look for Tiago it is far better and new car. Grand i10 is another tin can. Structure is not very safe in grandi10. I20 is a bad petrol car performance wise , it is really good in diesel option.
Agreed and Id like to add- 1.2 IVTEC + CVT is the best combo here and gets rid of the slight sluggish nature of the 1.2 nearly completely

Try TD of CVT Jazz 1.2

Thread Starter #15
Why dont u look Honda jazz if u stretch ur budget by one more lakh u can get SV mt petrol option with 8.5 lacs on road. If ur going for emi diff will be in thousands if not hundreds per month.

Otherwise if ur fixed with budget look for Tiago it is far better and new car. Grand i10 is another tin can. Structure is not very safe in grandi10. I20 is a bad petrol car performance wise , it is really good in diesel option.
7.5L is maximum and can't extend any further. As suggested by all , waiting for Tigor to launch. Just had a call with tata SM and he is ready to give rear parking camera/seat cover as freebies total cost 7.35L XMS model including gold amc+extended warranty upto 4years. Not sure if I can bargain more. I'm not fan of Hyundai petrol so not considering. Honda jazz was in my list but lack of security features and forced me to think of Baleno. Also found some good user reviews for zest so checked that as well. Tiago & Tigor both have 3 cylinder and found many are complaining for vibration and lag. So bit confused ...

Top Bottom