The SUV Dilemma

Thread Starter #1
As, the days are closing in the ich to buy a new car has begun in me. I planned for a SUV my options were XUV 5OO W6, Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 NM and Tata Hexa XM or XT.
I, checked all the three beasts. All Three are amazing in there own ways. My requirements are-: I drive 1000 kms every month
Should seat 7 people properly
Servicing should be good
Should have all the bells and whistles.

Till Then.

Well Price is also one factor you may want to look at.

For me it would be
Hexa followed by XUV then Safari and Scorpio.
If you can stretch your budget then cysta and then may be the endeavour comes in your range.

But I would suggest for Hexa.

I have storme for the past 4 years and my service experience with tata has been fair. I would not say extraordinary but yeah never got raw deal even once. So I would say with cars being one of the costliest cars Tata is selling they are careful servicing these heavy ticket customers.

kkn13

Suspended
Endeavour, Crysta or even used Fortuner are your best bet in my honest opinion
XUV is the next best choice with most issues now ironed out but bland quality of interiors

Hexa is too new in the market to suggest, usually new cars from manufacturers especially Tata and Mahindra have loads of niggles etc

Safari Storme is a proven car but is a bit outdated but is a safe buy nevertheless

Resale wise Toyota and Ford will be better even with high mileage, followed by Mahindra , Tata will have lowest resale of the 4

Honestly- Endeavour, Storme, Crysta,XUV , used Fortuner are your best bet

bhvm

Honoured Member
As, the days are closing in the ich to buy a new car has begun in me. I planned for a SUV my options were XUV 5OO W6, Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 NM and Tata Hexa XM or XT.
I, checked all the three beasts. All Three are amazing in there own ways. My requirements are-: I drive 1000 kms every month
Servicing should be good

Till Then.
Buddy. The vehicles you have chosen are all fantastic. But all have different personalities hence they behave differently.

Should seat 7 people properly - Storme fails here due to rear Kiddo seats. XUV is way too cramped and will leave no Luggage space with all seats up. So Hexa seems better in this regard.

Servicing should be good- Mahindra seems to have better SVC than others.

Should have all the bells and whistles- XUV offers the highest number if features if you buy W8. Hexa is also good for regular features.

I drive 1000 kms every month- All machines are capable highway Munchers. Safari & Hexa have slightly heavier steering than XUV. Performance of XUV is way better. Ride quality of Safari Is magical as always.

Thread Starter #5
Tata Dealers in Vizag gave me the On Road Price of Hexa XM- 14,80,000 with Temporary Registration. I feel Hexa is the best bet.

Here in Vizag there is only one Tata Service Center and some of my colleagues said that the servicing here is pathetic.

kkn13 no used cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Servicing should be good

Till Then.
The biggest mistake people does when buying a 7-8 seated car.

When buying a MPV or SUV which has 7-8 seats as on paper does not really turns into actual. This is due to lack of listing down requirement. While choosing one, you should consider below things apart from price.

- number adults mostly travelling
- physic of people
- height of people
- using the car for long drives?

In the price bracket from 1 to 30 lacs, there are many choices

- Toyota Fortuner
- Tata Hexa
- Mahindra XUV500
- Toyota Innova Crysta
- MS Ertiga
- Mahindra XYLO
- Renault Lodgy

Considering people with good/average physic with average height 5.7 and above, the best comfortable car is XYLO 8 seated. I bet no one could accommodate above criteria.

If your purpose is mostly people mover with really good engine then XYLO is the best.
But if you have other things to consider leaving some comfort then HEXA or INNOVA could be the second on the list.

If you are considering INNOVA then I would suggest to choose HEXA as the big hefty cars should have an essential feature like ESP. Also you get 4x4 benefit.

Lodgy has most silent engine/smooth engine but it the car made for short people and last 2 rows are specially for kids.

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
Oh then Id still suggest Crysta over the others
It ticks all the boxes and is the safest bet of the 3
Its a tried and tested model and even the 2.4L is no slouch
Pulls with ease
Toyota after sales and resale is the best
Parts etc is easily available and no major niggles at all

We have had nearly 7-8 innovas in our family
3 of which were in my family itself
And Crysta is probably our next logical upgrade too

Hexa is too new a product to recommend

I would simply suggest a fresh product, Innovas are too boring and muv and most of them are used in cabs but yes are reliable but have heard few niggles from Crysta owners especially tyre burst one. XUV and Innova are too common. Hexa is simply stunning with a great road presence and a superb vfm proposition and killer ride quality.

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
I would simply suggest a fresh product, Innovas are too boring and muv and most of them are used in cabs but yes are reliable but have heard few niggles from Crysta owners especially tyre burst one. XUV and Innova are too common. Hexa is simply stunning with a great road presence and a superb vfm proposition and killer ride quality.
Those are your personal views and the number of Toyotas in my immediate family(3 at the moment) and 7-8 more in friend circle etc begs to differ
My brother owns XUV btw(pre facelift) and is tired of rattles and various issues with the car
Crysta niggles are very minor in comparison to Tata and Mahindra
Agreed Hexa is VFM for the price difference but Toyota is Toyota
Dont be biased
Ive driven all 3 cars and have owned multiple Innovas

Since you said Innovas are used too much as cabs , Ill point out that too many Zoomcars and Uber SUVs / Olas are often XUVs
Aria ie old Hexa is also commonly found in the Tourist Taxi segment more than private car

Tata and Mahindra are improving but they still are far behind Toyota in terms of quality, reliability, after sales and resale etc
there are 8L km driven Innovas too FYI, in fact Toyota gave the owner a Crysta and displayed the old one in Japan at their HQ

Those are your personal views and the number of Toyotas in my immediate family(3 at the moment) and 7-8 more in friend circle etc begs to differ
My brother owns XUV btw(pre facelift) and is tired of rattles and various issues with the car
Crysta niggles are very minor in comparison to Tata and Mahindra
Agreed Hexa is VFM for the price difference but Toyota is Toyota
Dont be biased
Ive driven all 3 cars and have owned multiple Innovas

Since you said Innovas are used too much as cabs , Ill point out that too many Zoomcars and Uber SUVs / Olas are often XUVs
Aria ie old Hexa is also commonly found in the Tourist Taxi segment more than private car

Tata and Mahindra are improving but they still are far behind Toyota in terms of quality, reliability, after sales and resale etc
there are 8L km driven Innovas too FYI, in fact Toyota gave the owner a Crysta and displayed the old one in Japan at their HQ
No these are not my personal opinion. These are what I heard and found many places. I have driven Innova last model a lot as my uncle owns it and I have travelled from Ranchi to Varanasi around 600kms on it. Toyota as a brand is much advanced compared to Tata or a Mahindra for that matter no one is denying it. Hexa is a new product but owning a fresh product gives you a feeling which an old product cannot believe me. resale might be better but the price difference is too much much that it should not effect Hexa's resale much. I even posted in detail about this on the Hexa forum with my reasoning. Innovas can go forever but on the contrary I have seen even the older Indicas being driven for 2L+ kms but are tagged unreliable. Innova is good who wants to play safe. For anyone ready to play little risk I think the Hexa is good. And it looks better than Innova. I definitely no support any company taking customers for ride for their brand image and overprice their products something which Innova is famous for. The price difference of 4-5L on road is so huge that Hexa looks a better proposition overall. Lets leave on the OP to see what is his requirement.

kkn13

Suspended
No these are not my personal opinion. These are what I heard and found many places. I have driven Innova last model a lot as my uncle owns it and I have travelled from Ranchi to Varanasi around 600kms on it. Toyota as a brand is much advanced compared to Tata or a Mahindra for that matter no one is denying it. Hexa is a new product but owning a fresh product gives you a feeling which an old product cannot believe me. resale might be better but the price difference is too much much that it should not effect Hexa's resale much. I even posted in detail about this on the Hexa forum with my reasoning. Innovas can go forever but on the contrary I have seen even the older Indicas being driven for 2L+ kms but are tagged unreliable. Innova is good who wants to play safe. For anyone ready to play little risk I think the Hexa is good. And it looks better than Innova. I definitely no support any company taking customers for ride for their brand image and overprice their products something which Innova is famous for. The price difference of 4-5L on road is so huge that Hexa looks a better proposition overall. Lets leave on the OP to see what is his requirement.
TLDR you are merely speculating whereas Im an actual owner of 2 of the 3 said cars- XUV and Innova(old gen)
My grandad owns the Crysta too

None of the "issues" you said have been faced by me or anyone I know
Also Hexa after sales and resale is questionable whereas 1st gen Innovas still get more than what the Aria sells for in the used market even if the Innova is 1-2L km driven

Also I call clear BS when you say Toyota takes its customers for a ride

You have NOT owned a car other than your Tiago before whereas my family has owned multiple Innovas, so your arguement is invalid

As for tyre bursts, thats for the previous gen Innova and we have never faced such issues in our Innovas till date. period

As for your fresh product arguement, Crysta is very very different from the older Innova, it drives very differently
Also isnt Hexa a facelifted version of the ill-fated Aria, how is that exactly "fresh"

Theres no huge difference in price, barely 2-3L except the AT variants

Im not gonna argue any further, you are entitled to your opinion but mine and many other people's experience with the Toyota brand is the best with solid reason

Many car enthusiast sites tout Toyota after sales and reliability as unmatched till date
Their lower products may not be very good but Fortuner and Innova are solid brands
They arent overpriced, have you seen the market lately?? All cars are more expensive than before
Rather buy a proven brand

Heck rather buy XUV which is easily more proven in the market than Hexa if not Crysta

TLDR you are merely speculating whereas Im an actual owner of 2 of the 3 said cars- XUV and Innova(old gen)
My grandad owns the Crysta too

None of the "issues" you said have been faced by me or anyone I know
Also Hexa after sales and resale is questionable whereas 1st gen Innovas still get more than what the Aria sells for in the used market even if the Innova is 1-2L km driven

Also I call clear BS when you say Toyota takes its customers for a ride

You have NOT owned a car other than your Tiago before whereas my family has owned multiple Innovas, so your arguement is invalid

As for tyre bursts, thats for the previous gen Innova and we have never faced such issues in our Innovas till date. period

As for your fresh product arguement, Crysta is very very different from the older Innova, it drives very differently
Also isnt Hexa a facelifted version of the ill-fated Aria, how is that exactly "fresh"

Theres no huge difference in price, barely 2-3L except the AT variants

Im not gonna argue any further, you are entitled to your opinion but mine and many other people's experience with the Toyota brand is the best with solid reason

Many car enthusiast sites tout Toyota after sales and reliability as unmatched till date
Their lower products may not be very good but Fortuner and Innova are solid brands
They arent overpriced, have you seen the market lately?? All cars are more expensive than before
Rather buy a proven brand

Heck rather buy XUV which is easily more proven in the market than Hexa if not Crysta
Who told you I haven't owned any car other than Tiago. We have an i10, i20 too and I owned dzire and grand i10 too. We have 3 houses in 3 locations so 3cars and if including family like yours then it would be multiple cars. But owning multiple cars (which I highly doubt someone car own 8 innovas lol) don't make you simply an expert. Hexa might be derived from Arias structure but is placed as new. I think resale is the only parameter you judge a car with and it too depends on case to case. You need to own a Hexa :P to make further comments.

kkn13

Suspended
Who told you I haven't owned any car other than Tiago. We have an i10, i20 too and I owned dzire and grand i10 too. We have 3 houses in 3 locations so 3cars and if including family like yours then it would be multiple cars. But owning multiple cars (which I highly doubt someone car own 8 innovas lol) don't make you simply an expert. Hexa might be derived from Arias structure but is placed as new. I think resale is the only parameter you judge a car with and it too depends on case to case. You need to own a Hexa :P to make further comments.
You need to own Toyota cars or Mahindra cars before passing blind judgement
As for Tiago , I hardly think you can judge the Hexa based on the Tiago
Also we actually own many cars, not my fault you want to think otherwise, many other Toyota owners disagree with your baseless opinions
I never said we own 8 Innovas, I said we have 8 Innovas in our immediate family+ friend circle, learn to read before passing blind,baseless judgement on cars you havent owned

I may not be an expert but Ive got enough experience with Innovas to pass judgement whereas you havent even owned one

Top Bottom