Looking For a Car Around Rs.10 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
Hello folks,

I am looking for a car around 10lakhs, I can stretch by a lakh or two if car is too good.
My basic criteria:

Usage around 1500 kms/ month( city milage would be around 1000km/ month)
Ease of maneuvering ( Once I drove a Jetta , didn't feel comfortable driving in city traffic )
Petrol or diesel would be fine ( If OTR for petrol is cheaper & better than diesel)
ABS & Airbags are a must
I am single , My parents would accompany once in a while.( Front seats matter the most)
I am planning to buy it by first half of April.

Thread Starter #5
Re: Looking for a car around 10 lakhs

Only Brezza, Figo, Ignis, Jazz are in my budget.
Test drove Ignis didnt like the visibility( IMO felt like I am driving an autorickshaw through windshield)
Liked Figo to the core but heard bad reviews about quality ( someone said when it's raining they can hear tin like sound from the roof of the droplets)
Jazz , I feel it is overpriced around 10.8 OTR in Hyderabad
Brezza is good & will take a test drive.
Verna I love to own but it is end of its lifecycle( Only If I get a huge discount)[:)]
What it should I buy for my milage around 1500km/ month ? This is my main dilemma

Last edited:

Test drove Ignis didnt like the visibility( IMO felt like I am driving an autorickshaw through windshield)
Liked Figo to the core but heard bad reviews about quality ( someone said when it's raining they can hear tin like sound from the roof of the droplets)
Verna I love to own but it is end of its lifecycle( Only If I get a huge discount)[:)]
What it should I buy for my milage around 1500km/ month ? This is my main dilemma
If you sense the tin like sound from the roof of a Figo, you will feel like they are already penetrated thru the roof of any Maruti!
The only small issue I felt with the Ignis was the rear quarter visibility around the C-pillar, and the ORVM needs to be adjusted carefully especially on the left hand side to cover the blind spot.
I am also in a bit of a search for an urban compact, and somehow sense that the Ignis ticks off the right boxes purely from an urban standpoint with its compact dimensions, decent space for 4 adults, good performance and features and great ground clearance.

It is not in the league of the Baleno/I20/Jazz, but decent enough when compared to Grand I10/Swift/Micra/Brio, although the Micra and Grand I10 seem to have heftier sheet metal.

i20, Zest, Xcent Diesels are also in the same price giving good FE. Pls buy any car but not Ignis. It's just too ugly to be called a car and from the rear can be mistaken for an autorickshaw.

Thread Starter #8
i20, Zest, Xcent Diesels are also in the same price giving good FE. Pls buy any car but not Ignis. It's just too ugly to be called a car and from the rear can be mistaken for an autorickshaw.
Narrowed down to Ameo/polo and swift .

Front seats and decent power are a priority. I felt both of them are good. Somehow I dont like the Ameo for its rear look but find it super value for money.
Can wait a month if
1) polo gets with same engine tune of Ameo.
2) Tigor comes with a powerful engine than tiago.

If you sense the tin like sound from the roof of a Figo, you will feel like they are already penetrated thru the roof of any Maruti!
The only small issue I felt with the Ignis was the rear quarter visibility around the C-pillar, and the ORVM needs to be adjusted carefully especially on the left hand side to cover the blind spot.
I am also in a bit of a search for an urban compact, and somehow sense that the Ignis ticks off the right boxes purely from an urban standpoint with its compact dimensions, decent space for 4 adults, good performance and features and great ground clearance.

It is not in the league of the Baleno/I20/Jazz, but decent enough when compared to Grand I10/Swift/Micra/Brio, although the Micra and Grand I10 seem to have heftier sheet metal.
Please let me know which car you've finalised on? Are you planning to buy a car in a month or few months ahead

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

your running demands a diesel. i own the new figo and it's the first time i am hearing about the rain drops thing [:D]
anyways since you have the budget i20 is the best choice. you can get the sports variant for 9.40 lakhs but it should have discounts upto 30k.
if you want to save 1.5 lakhs then figo titanium comes at 791. since you travel alone i don't think you need a compact sedan for the extra boot space. and you will get discounts on figo and lower interest rate from ford as well plus 6 airbags if you choose titanium optional variant.

you can check my ownership review and do check the updates on post number 1.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...rvice-update-20-000-kms-ownership-review.html

my recommendation will be elite i20 if you want to spend , figo if you want to save some money.

Attachments

Last edited:

Elite i20 Diesel Asta (O) is the best option.

Non other car gives you such kind of luxurious than i20.

And if you are driver enthusiast than go blindly for POLO GT TSI. Turbo petrol + DSG superb combination.

Thread Starter #12

@ Allhyundaicars - I dont want to name the other forum but I have read it!:confused:
I love it too, Resale value is a concern. How is the NVH levels of figo Lets say compared to an i20.
@ Suryaputhra - Sorry Can't wait any longer as it is more of a necessity than luxury at present scenario.
@ eshantrami - Elite i20 is good option which I am considering too. Polo Tsi is something which I have always desired until I am serious buying the car. I heard bad reviews about 7 speed DSG dry clutch transmission. Can't risk it

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

if you see the post below that you will see no other member reported that issue. ignore it.
don't consider grand i10 :P

pros of figo
*least expensive as far as features are concerned
*explosive 1.5 liter 100ps engine. take a td and you will get what i am saying. fastest hatch under 10 lakhs.
*i get a mileage of 17kmpl in city with ac and 20kmpl in city without ac.
* 217481d1483422228-new-ford-figo-trend-diesel-3rd-service-update-20-000-kms-ownership-review-img2.jpg
what else should i say[;)]

cons
*lighter build quality than the previous generation but quite good if compared with current competition.
*rear doors are lighter than the front.
*squeaking noise from armrest when someone rest their hands.
*the door plastic goes in and out when you use the power window.

Thread Starter #14

Got the final prices of few cars
Swift 8.8 lakhs OTR with 15k accessories
Polo 2016 9.5 lakhs with all accessories
i20 10.3 lakhs ( yet to final pricing )
Please help me choose from these three

[**Disclaimer**: Things I have mentioned is by my observation of experience of me/my friends. This is not necessarily the same case where you live.]

Each of those cars has their own advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages (My opinion) :
Swift - Comparatively low priced, great after sales and service network, fast moving in per-owned market..
Polo - Fun to drive, superb build, DSG.
i20 - Looks, feels premium, awesome tech.

Disadvantages (My opinion) :
Swift - Build quality is low, low tech wrt competition, not for tall people.
Polo - Expensive after sales and service, slow network and process.
i20 - Aftermarket spares are expensive, service is not upto mark.

Last edited:

Top Bottom