Purchasing Honda Civic (Used)

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,

I just wonder, Honda Civic model 2006-07 cost around 14-17 lacs, why peoples sells their car just for Rs. 2 or 2.5 Lac. Actually I am planning to buy a single owner Honda Civic 2007-08.

Please help

Dear All,

I just wonder, Honda Civic model 2006-07 cost around 14-17 lacs, why peoples sells their car just for Rs. 2 or 2.5 Lac. Actually I am planning to buy a single owner Honda Civic 2007-08.

Please help
Model has been discontinued, plus taking car's age and ban going on depreciates the car value like hell.
Hope spares isn't an issue now for Civic

Dear All,

Please help
certain cars fetch low resale for no reasons. Honda engines are trouble free. things to look out for are normal wear and tear parts like AC, suspension.

Finding spare like some rare engine electronics, some external parts is little difficult, so to buy CIVIC is not a very wise decision. Unless you love the car very much and you can spend any amount to get the rarest spare. Attention "Spares for CIVIC are costlier".

The lower GC is another drawback for big sedan on INDIAN roads. Since car is 1.8 petrol so you will have to struggle for mileage.

I love the cockpit like dash and instrument cluster on CIVIC.

kkn13

Suspended
Id suggest going for 3rd gen Honda City IVTEC instead
You can get 2010 models for like 3.5L easy in the used market with relatively low usage and good condition
I own the 2010 model and am completely satisfied with it
Other than the yearly 7-8k max spending on servicing etc , I havent really had any adverse expenses with the car and its still in pristine condition
One complaint is suspension and tyres
Suspension is a bit stiff but its great for highway driving speeds thanks to that
Tyres need an upgrade to atleast 185 from stock 175, max size is 195 but youll need new alloys for that
stock ICE is excellent too and is easily one of the best stock/OEM systems (get the one with tweeters though, its very different than the ones without tweeters even if both models look identical)
GC can be improved with dampers etc if needed and is much better than Civic
Resale and parts are better than Civic since the latest City still shares alot of parts with the 3rd gen city(2009-2013)
Engine is a gem and is very reliable too, low end torque is little poor for bumper to bumper, but you grow used to it after a while and you wont feel it later on

Also resale of City is very good since even first and second gen models still get a good price even though 4th gen Facelift(technically the 8th City in India,if you count all facelifts etc) just came in

Please help
Similar aged Merc C-Class is available for double the cost of Civic. That's the fate of segment above 'D', they tend to depreciate much quicker.

- Though Civic is available for 2L, keep in mind it is still a 15L car and spares don't depreciate, they are on the costlier side for sure.
- On the FE part, don't expect anything over 11 kmpl (average)
- You should get used to the low GC combined with long wheelbase and soft suspension
- Honda is known for it's poor low end torque, it's a different story once you touch 2k rpm

Saying all these, if I were you I will definitely go for Civic.

Top Bottom