Should I Sell or Keep My Maruti Swift VDi 2009?

Thread Starter #1
Considering the recent ban on diesel cars I am wondering whether to hold it or sell it. Its a 2009 Swift VDI in good condition..Your opinions please..[confused]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Should I sell or keep my swift vdi 2009...?

Considering the recent ban on diesel cars I am wondering whether to hold it or sell it. Its a 2009 Swift VDI in good condition..Your opinions please.
The diesel car ban was on more than 2Lt diesel engine capacity. Until & Unless you are bored of driving your Swift or if the ODO is nearing to 80-90K kms, I feel there is no reason to sell it off. Keep it for a year or 2 more. Maruti's re-sale is always on a decent side.

Regards

Akash

Considering the recent ban on diesel cars I am wondering whether to hold it or sell it. Its a 2009 Swift VDI in good condition..Your opinions please..[confused]
Answer is NO if you are not really looking for a upgrade or the car is about to broke down. Swift has good resale value. I am in the same boat as you thinking of selling my 08 safari with 2.50l kms and upgrading to a used fortuner. But the heck the safari is realiable to the core.

Thread Starter #4
I think there was a blanket ban on all diesel cars older than 10 years irrespective of condition of the car...thats what is worrying me...

kkn13

Suspended
Answer is NO if you are not really looking for a upgrade or the car is about to broke down. Swift has good resale value. I am in the same boat as you thinking of selling my 08 safari with 2.50l kms and upgrading to a used fortuner. But the heck the safari is realiable to the core.
Toyotas are equally reliable [;)][:D]
Our old Innova did 2L km without any major part changes too
We still got 7L for it later, considering we bought the car for 14L 7 years prior

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
If I can hold it then for how long should I keep it before its resale vale drops drastically.
Currently its valuated at 2.5L. I purchased it used for 3.2L, 2.5years back & spent 40K on maintenance including turbo & suspension 5k Kms before. Its in good condition now & run 97K Kms total out of which I ran 20K kms.
I ultimately want to sell it & move on to a petrol car since my usage has reduced.
Any other thoughts from experienced members whether to keep or sell...[:)]

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
If I can hold it then for how long should I keep it before its resale vale drops drastically.
If no major issue is there then keep it for 8-10 months. You'll be able to get 2.25 to 2.30 lakhs (based on negotiating skills).

Currently its valuated at 2.5L. I purchased it used for 3.2L, 2.5years back & spent 40K on maintenance including turbo & suspension 5k Kms before. Its in good condition now & run 97K Kms total out of which I ran 20K kms.
I ultimately want to sell it & move on to a petrol car since my usage has reduced.
As of now if possible then keep this Swift and later on trade it for a good premium hatchback or compact sedan if you like buddy.

Any other thoughts from experienced members whether to keep or sell..
Do not get your car evaluated by Maruti True Value Dealer. If that value of 2.5Lac is quoted by Maruti still would suggest you to take second opinion.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #8
Thanks Akash, I was thinking of disposing it sooner than later, will it make any difference in resale value...Yes the resale value was a non TV quote. I am looking for the best resale since my usage has reduced a lot & it doesnt justify a diesel car anymore.

Last edited:
@srpsinu I would suggest you to sell it only if you find a good buyer, and look for a petrol hatchback .

Your use has reduced.
If condition of tires are not good , another replacement may not increase your resale value.
Vehicle in good condition now, may not be same as it is a 97k run car , probable replacements of parts due to wear andtear and service cost will rise .
Resort only to engine oil change until you sell the car .

No need to rush and sell the car , wait for a good buyer and make the deal.

kkn13

Suspended
@srpsinu I would suggest you to sell it only if you find a good buyer, and look for a petrol hatchback .

Your use has reduced.
If condition of tires are not good , another replacement may not increase your resale value.
Vehicle in good condition now, may not be same as it is a 97k run car , probable replacements of parts due to wear andtear and service cost will rise .
Resort only to engine oil change until you sell the car .

No need to rush and sell the car , wait for a good buyer and make the deal.
I know a friend who got tyres for his Swift last year for 8k (excluding spare), included fitting, nitrogen etc

Top Bottom