Should I Buy a Tata Safari EX (2003)?

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys, as you people know recently i have replaced my esteem vxi with a esteem lxi which is in great condition, but somehow i am not connected with the car, and i am often sitting on the internet and looking for safari on OLX, today i saw an ad for a Tata Safari 2003 EX model which had done around 75000 km, and looks in good shape, the asking price is a around 1.20k, i can easily sell my esteem and buy the safari, what do the experts or members who have an safari ex, suggest.....
Thing i am worried about

maintenance
reliability
fuel efficiency
I am ready to get my hands dirty and look after the beast.......
should i go ahead, my hearts wants the safari my heads says No[frustration]

kkn13

Suspended
Hi guys, as you people know recently i have replaced my esteem vxi with a esteem lxi which is in great condition, but somehow i am not connected with the car, and i am often sitting on the internet and looking for safari on OLX, today i saw an ad for a Tata Safari 2003 EX model which had done around 75000 km, and looks in good shape, the asking price is a around 1.20k, i can easily sell my esteem and buy the safari, what do the experts or members who have an safari ex, suggest.....
Thing i am worried about

maintenance
reliability
fuel efficiency
I am ready to get my hands dirty and look after the beast.......
should i go ahead, my hearts wants the safari my heads says No[frustration]
First gen cars from any brand especially Tata and Mahindra are a general no-no
Also its a 14 year old diesel, so the new stringent laws on 15 year old car bans etc might be a cause for concern
Parts may be an issue since the current Safari engine etc is different AFAIK
Try for a newer Safari or other car
Im sure youll easily find more reliable and newer cars like Innova, M Hawk Scorpio or the newer Safaris if you increase budget a bit

No- becuase it's a 15 year old car. ping me the REG number so that I can help you with records of the car incase it's done only 75k kms only.

2003 is a TCIC engine. Terribly underpowered and heavy smoker and fuel guezeler. Get hold a 3l dicor engine(2005-2007) which is chain driven and it's a born to run engine or a dicor 2.2 post 2008

I replaced my alto with a safari 2.2 used with 50k kms. i have clocked 2.20l kms now. now issues and the car is reliable to the core after from regular maintainence.

Some of the TCIC spares are difficult to source, but 90% is same as Sumo spares.

75000 KM in 15 years is too low and suspicious,even if its true the average monthly running is around 416 km/ month.That means the vehicle might have been idling for time to time in these years. You might suffer from parts shortage too.Think twice before your purchase.

Top Bottom