Need Help: Maruti Brezza or Honda WRV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hello to all the members. I am in the market for buying a diesel car.
Budget - 11 lakhs

Location- Kolkata

Condition- New Car

Monthly runabout- 1000-1500 kms

Fuel type- Diesel

Usage- Regular, Highway trips

Seat Capacity- 5 adults

Car type - Compact SUV

I had already booked Vitara Brezza ZDI alongwith accessories for 10.4 lakhs.
BUT Recently I came to know about the upcoming launch of HONDA WRV.
So now I am in a serious confusion and dilemma whether to go ahead with Brezza which is going to be delivered by the end of this month or forego my booking and buy the WRV. Please I NEED your knowledgeable inputs regarding which will be the best choice.. please give me ur advice.. ASAP

Re: Help Brezza or Honda WRV

As of now I suggest you to go with Brezza its a wonderful compact SUV. Honda disappointed with BR-V so don't know much about WRV

Gautham I am waiting for Nexon from the time its launched at AutoExpo[:D] But no concrete date from TATA
Oh. Yeah I agree they are pretty slow at launching their car. Though might this delay will surprise us with agressive pricing (which I am seriously thinking of) and mostly niggle free first few batches.
As of now it is is final testing zone. Launch to happen in festive season of this year, IF TATA doesn't screw up things.

Did you tried Ecosport?

Oh. Yeah I agree they are pretty slow at launching their car. Though might this delay will surprise us with agressive pricing (which I am seriously thinking of) and mostly niggle free first few batches.
As of now it is is final testing zone. Launch to happen in festive season of this year, IF TATA doesn't screw up things.

Did you tried Ecosport?
Yeah tried Ecosport, but never liked it its really cramp and claustrophobic. Instead of ES stretching budget a bit and going for Creta is right choice. I felt Brezza is better than ES for me. Anyway am not in a hurry to buy something right now

Yeah tried Ecosport, but never liked it its really cramp and claustrophobic. Instead of ES stretching budget a bit and going for Creta is right choice. I felt Brezza is better than ES for me. Anyway am not in a hurry to buy something right now
Yeah. Same opinions for ES. Can't comment on VB because Maruti guys never turned up.

I had already booked Vitara Brezza ZDI alongwith accessories for 10.4 lakhs.
BUT Recently I came to know about the upcoming launch of HONDA WRV.
So now I am in a serious confusion and dilemma whether to go ahead with Brezza which is going to be delivered by the end of this month or forego my booking and buy the WRV. Please I NEED your knowledgeable inputs regarding which will be the best choice.
"knowledgeable inputs" on a vehicle yet to be launched? How is that possible?

If you are not in a hurry to get the car in hands and not worried about the uncertain price hikes (or discounts) or the feature deletions (or upgrades) in Brezza, nothing wrong in waiting till WRV launch.

Since you are ready to pay 11 lac +, my suggestion is to go for Scross 1.6D which is fun to drive on highways and has ample of good features to impress. If you are choosing Brezza then TD 1.6D Scross, you will love it.

If you are not bind to compact SUV's or larger hatchback, then sedan could be a better option for you. In that case Hyundai Verna 1.6 diesel SX(o) variant will be in your budget with no accessories required [only car protection kit you may need to buy]. This car has massive 125ps power and loaded with hell lot of features. TD to feel the actual thrill in it.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Agree with amit. S cross is a much better car than the brezza.
1.6 will be out of budget but you can get the 1.3 zeta.
The build and ride quality plus back seat comfort plus premium interiors you won't get it in the brezza.
Take a td back to back and you will realise how good the s cross is.
You should also take a look at es which again has better build plus better ride than brezza.
For me it will be scross>ecosport>brezza.

Thread Starter #11
I really liked the scross when I took a test drive.. but dropped it from consideration due to looks and its new model launch around the corner.. Same goes for the EcoSport. Actually I never came to terms with its looks. It's seating comfort really put me off also. I find it cramped up..

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The new s cross is months away.
And I know the only thing which lacks in s cross is the look of the car(even my dad finds it ok-ok)which you will start liking after some time.
Anyways keep us updated.

honda WRV is a unknown quantity. With Mobilio and BRV it's a messed up pricing, honda's quality is better than suzuki. on the other hand, i would advise you to look at s cross and creata.

Thread Starter #14
By stretching the budget I am getting the Mahindra Scorpio S6+ variant alongwith alloy wheels for 13.6 lakhs. Tell me people is this a good bet? The new Scorpio looks good in my eyes atleast. Does Any one have any experience about the Scorpio? I have gone through the reviews but I would like to hear from you. Also blokes are telling me that the Scorpio has a broad re-sale prospects and hence will fetch good value 6 yrs down the line.

By stretching the budget I am getting the Mahindra Scorpio S6+ variant alongwith alloy wheels for 13.6 lakhs. Tell me people is this a good bet? The new Scorpio looks good in my eyes atleast. Does Any one have any experience about the Scorpio? I have gone through the reviews but I would like to hear from you. Also blokes are telling me that the Scorpio has a broad re-sale prospects and hence will fetch good value 6 yrs down the line.

Scorpio has a good resale value and proved its mettle over the years and mahindra is constantly tinkering the scorpio. It's a good SUV but it doesn't handle like an Compact suv. Scorpio is still a ladder frame chasis, needs to be driven with respect. Butch Image, road presence and good driveablity in city. Only downside are weaker brakes(should have been with equipped with discs all around), boat like ride quality, road quality gets better when rear is loaded.

If you are open to scorpio, check out Safari strome too. This is a Real SUV as TML says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom