Purchasing a New AT (SUV?): Need Help

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends,

This is my first thread on TAI and I need help with car buying decision.

My usage is around 700 kms, specifically around city. I am looking for an automatic and I have confusion if I should go for Creta AT Petrol/Diesel.

Looking forward to hear from experts.

Regards,
Pratik

Re: Help with car buying decision

First of all Welcome to TAI. You have posted in the wrong section so thread should be moved to appropriate section.

Now to your question, why do you need such a big car for city runabout. And 700 km per month is too optimistic. Once you get your car I can see it crossing 1000-1200 km per month easily.

Thread Starter #3
Thank you for your quick response Esternjack. I'm not sure how to move thread to appropriate section, can you please help with that?

I have been driving Mahindra Xylo for last 7 years so I'm used to that high driving position. I have sold it and been driving my brother's Elite i20 and I like it for its size but its not confortable as seating is very low.

Also I'm open to other suggestions.

I have also considered following cars:

1) XUV 500 (Still in list but want to avoid it for niggles)
3) Duster (Out-dated interior)
4) Innova Crysta (Little over budget for auto)
5) Ciaz (nice car but again low seating)

Thank you for your quick response Esternjack. I'm not sure how to move thread to appropriate section, can you please help with that?
MODS will do it.

Also I'm open to other suggestions.

I have also considered following cars:

1) XUV 500 (Still in list but want to avoid it for niggles)
3) Duster (Out-dated interior)
4) Innova Crysta (Little over budget for auto)
5) Ciaz (nice car but again low seating)
As per your running, you don't need a diesel car.
Do you really require 7-seater ?
If you are fine with Creta's pricing then go ahead with Petrol Creta.

Thread Starter #5
I don't need 7-seater regularly but once in a while when my brother joins for the trip its a good option.

Heard Creta AT Petrol isn't good on milage, gives around 7-8 in city. If someone owns one please confirm.

If you are used to XYLO, bet me you will not find a comfortable 7-8 seated car as XYLO till price tag 30 lac. The comfort for 7-8 adults is best in XYLO.

Since you are thinking of AT for CITY drive, keep in mind that the FE for any automatic is less and not as good as DIESEL or Petrol MT. If trying to move in 5 seated car, you will miss extra 2 seats whenever the occasion comes.

CRETA is good car with its long list of features. But Duster AT is much better and engine is really a proven material.

HEXA AT would suit you in most aspect, ignoring the DIESEL only options for now.

kkn13

Suspended
Go for the Creta Diesel AT eyes closed, its the perfect car for your needs
Hexa,XUV500 etc dont match Creta in terms of refinement etc

Crysta is great but its pricey and large

Creta has proven its worth in the market and hasnt had any serious issues etc

Other options worth checking include Ecosport DCT(not good for bumper to bumper traffic in long run maintenance but your usage is low)
Duster is NOT AT , its AMT
AMTs are jerky and slow
Duster is a good car with a good engine etc but its interiors are very dated and the Kaptur is gonna release to compete with Creta soon(if you can wait)

Hence I recommend Creta AT

Top Bottom