Which Car To Go For Under 12 Lakhs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
My Budget - 11 Lakhs Max.

My Location is Pathankot, Punjab.

My Priorities are Comfortable Ride, Good Legroom, Good Ground Clearance, Nice Handling and Good Brakes.

The Vehicle Will be used for family, long trips, sometimes off road.

Max. Seating Capacity - 5 persons.

Priority Of fuel type - Petrol or Diesel.

Body Type - Sedan, MUV.

We have currently shortlisted a new Honda City, Volkswagen Vento, Toyota Innova GX.

Should we buy new car of 2011 make or 2010? if we buy it in december we may save a few bucks..what say?..

Since you have open criteria, it will be bit difficult to narrow down at a solution.

Try to prioritize your needs, Mainly fuel type.

If Diesel go for Linea T-jet, Cruze or Laura you have offers worth a lakh on Laura.[2010 models]

Else in Petrol, go for Mitsubishi Cedia Sports, ANHC. I would suggest Vento since you have a good budget.

We have currently shortlisted a new Honda City, Volkswagen Vento, Toyota Innova GX.

Hey Yahabhiyah, deciding on a car with a 11L budget depends if you want a sedan or a SUV because its simply two different categories. So, decide which one do you want to go for.

Also, since you have mentioned your priorities, it might be apt to choose an SUV.

Another thing you may want to consider is, who is going to drive it more?
A chauffeur driven car or someone elderly (like dad) and your daily usage.

If your daily and monthly usage is more than 1500 or 2000, go for diesel.

All the best for your hunting [;)]

My suggestion, go for Sedan. Better handling, fuel efficient.
For Diesel - Vento
For Petrol - Linea T-Jet

But if off-roading is a must, go for Scorpio m-hawk.

Hello yahabhiyah,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

My Budget - 11 Lakhs Max.

My Location is Pathankot, Punjab.

My Priorities are Comfortable Ride, Good Legroom, Good Ground Clearance, Nice Handling and Good Brakes.

The Vehicle Will be used for family, long trips, sometimes off road.

Max. Seating Capacity - 5 persons.

Priority Of fuel type - Petrol or Diesel.

Body Type - Sedan, MUV.

Should we buy new car of 2011 make or 2010? if we buy it in december we may save a few bucks..what say?..
What is your monthly running?
If it is 1200km+, then i would suggest you to go for a diesel.

For A Petrol Sedan-

I would suggest you to for Honda City for the reason that it has a refined engine which doesnt run out of breath on highways. Also it gives unmatched rear set comfort which imo is a need in long trips.
The only drawback with City is its low Ground Clearance.

The other car you may consider if you knock out City from your list is Fiat Linea Tjet.

For Diesel Car-

I would suggest you Chevrolet Cruze, mainly because i am not sure of A.S.S of Skoda/VW.
However since you have stated that your car would be doing some long trips with some off roading(mild), i would suggest you Innova. I find it one of the most comfortable car in the price bracket upto 12lacs.
So if you go for a diesel go for a Toyota Innova which imo is best suited for your requirements.

Last edited:
Hello Yahabhiyah welcome to TAI!

Since you have mentioned long trips and off-roading too some times i would strictly suggest an MUV/SUV! A sedan might scrape the bottom sometimes in off-roading and wont be comfortable enough for long journeys. I would say wait for 2011 model , will save you some bucks in re-sale.

My suggestion Innova or Scorpio.

petrol:-linea t-jet ; anytime a complete pakage with excellent 16'' shoes.

honda city is nonetheless good but it lacks certainly a lot compaired to linea.

linea is ahead in field of comfort,build,ride and drivebility with huge diesal like torque.

with additional creature comforts like blue n me ,usb and et al.

maintenas cost is also less comparatively .

do check the excellent test drive reports of linea tjet in TAI .

Looking at your criteria of good GC & space, I feel innova would suit you much more than sedans. but if you plan to take it off road, then the scorpio 4x4 is for you.

if you can live with some small niggles & issues, the safari is a great contender too, with awesome seats, ride & space that puts even innova to shame... though its not my recommendation!

Thread Starter #13
Thanks to all for the warm welocome and sorry guys for the late reply i was off to a cousin's wedding..[:)]

@Zinam - we would like to buy a diesel only if its an Innova otherwise only Petrol..

@AMG - Chevy Cruze and Altis will be out of my budget keeping in mind on road price [frustration]

@Avindu - mostly driver will be driving the car, dad doesnt like to drive but i do being a teenager like to take a car every weekend with friends. so the fun factor in the car should be in it..
ill only buy Innova in SUV and all other SUVs like Safari, Scorpio suck on comfort and we have a swift diesel right now to count mileage on.so new car wont be driven much like 500kms a month..

@RSM - thanks for the advice but why not a honda city..linea is bit cramped.what say?

@Akash - thanks for the advice.Honda City is now on the top of my charts.

@Cooldhaya - thanks for the advice.

@jayadev - linea is a bit cramped wt say?

@raj. thanks for the advice..

@Sriharsha. linea is a bit cramped wt say?

guys are their any discount currently goin on a new honda city?

Japanese Manufacturers never give mouth watering offers.

But checkout your nearest dealer to get some good deal.

If its petrol, then Honda City is the way to go.

Being chauffeur driven, ANHC is the best bet you can buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom