Right Time To Sell Ritz Petrol With Less Depreciation?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Experts,

I would like to know when is the right time to sell Ritz petrol ZXI.

Am planning to buy creta petrol, so just wanted to know when is the right time to sell with less depreciation.

Experrs suggestions please

Variant - RITZ petrol ZXI
Price - Rs 6,40,000
Purchase Date - Mid 2013
Odo - 23,000 kms

Thanks,
Udaa

Re: Right time to sell Ritz petrol with less depreciation

close to four years and only 23k you want to sell the car? Now ignore my suggestions if you are well off to afford a new car else continue.

going by your usage, it's too early to sell a car you can sell if you want to need a spacious car or else it's not a good idea.

Ritze being phased out will fetch you low value. the car has to be in it's prime condition now, if you sell the car say after two years. the difference in depreication won't be much compared to now.

If you buy a new car and low usage combined, the depriciation will be much higher add to that service cost, insurance etc.. even if you want to upgrade, you can search for higher segment cars at a lesser price point of a new creta.

Cash in hand is better than cash on road.

Thread Starter #3
Yes, i dont drive much and the car is in prime condition. Even with the new car my average running (only on high ways) would be just 250 kms/ month. On an average how much price i can expect if i sell now and how much it would be after 2 years.

even if you want to upgrade, you can search for higher segment cars at a lesser price point of a new creta.
Sorry i didnot get this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Right Time To Sell Ritz Petrol with Less Depreciation

You can expect a price of 4 to 4.5 lacs. Ritz Zxi is a good car. Though it is discontinued, you will get the parts for another 10 years easily. If there is a big itch, sell it, else hold on to it. [lol]

Yes, i dont drive much and the car is in prime condition. Even with the new car my average running (only on high ways) would be just 250 kms/ month. On an average how much price i can expect if i sell now and how much it would be after 2 years.

Sorry i didnot get this point.

ritz should fetch you 4. to 4.20 lakhs and after two years it would depreciate by another 30 to 40k max.

EX: My pal has accquired a Audi A4 TFSI for just over 9 lakhs with 60k on odo. Similary there are lot of cars. Merc's are even cheaper. The higher the price of a new car the higher it will depreciate.

I am still thinking why Suzuki has replaced Ritz with IGNIS?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

ritz should fetch you 4. to 4.20 lakhs and after two years it would depreciate by another 30 to 40k max.

EX: My pal has accquired a Audi A4 TFSI for just over 9 lakhs with 60k on odo. Similary there are lot of cars. Merc's are even cheaper. The higher the price of a new car the higher it will depreciate.

I am still thinking why Suzuki has replaced Ritz with IGNIS?
Sorry a big NO for used cars, am interested in buying only a new SUV, confusion is between CRETA and BREZZA

after two years it would depreciate by another 30 to 40k max.
Statement may not hold good for this scenario for 2 reasons,
- Ritz (Swift has higher resale and lower depreciation than Ritz)
- Petrol (Though the trend changes, used market is still towards Diesel)

After couple of years depreciation should be around a lakh.

You may expect 4 to 4.5 lac for this car, but somehow the design was not much appreciated, due to which the sale was not that great.

Since the car is Petrol so possibly you could get less value than the expected, even though the car is in very good condition. If its not necessary to sell the car, avoid it. Ritz is very good car and has really nice design.

If you compare Creta with Brezza then Creta wins the race with a marginal difference. But if you ask me then I would rather buy SCross 1.6 diesel top variant, considering Creta top end.

Thread Starter #11
Any specific reason for upgrading?
1) Need a SUV for a better leg room in driver seat and good boot space, as am 6.3" tall
2) Better interiors with touchscreen with AV playback, Navigation, Parking sensor and Reverse cam
3) To enjoy better riding quality and comfort as i ride only in high ways with a travel time of 6 hrs (once in a while, as i dont drive much, average 200 kms/month)

You may expect 4 to 4.5 lac for this car, but somehow
If you compare Creta with Brezza then Creta wins the race with a marginal difference. But if you ask me then I would rather buy SCross 1.6 diesel top variant, considering Creta top end.
Sorry i need a car with good height, so big no for SCross. Curious to know in which way CRETA wins over BREZZA?

kkn13

Suspended
We sold 3 Ritz VDI in my family 6 months back
All 2011 models with less than 50k on the odometer
All in proper condition etc
Got 2.7L for each car
No harm in trying to sell but imho its a good car whose shoes are hard to fill
I still havent found a car worthy of replacing it, yet to TD the Ignis
Was keen on top end variant with diesel AMT but it doesnt come in that form :(

Thread Starter #13
We sold 3 Ritz VDI in my family 6 months back
All 2011 models with less than 50k on the odometer
All in proper condition etc
Got 2.7L for each car
No harm in trying to sell but imho its a good car whose shoes are hard to fill
I still havent found a car worthy of replacing it, yet to TD the Ignis
Was keen on top end variant with diesel AMT but it doesnt come in that form :(
I got ritz based on your suggestion on my other post 4 years back.

What do you suggest, to sell it off or use it for one more year?

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
I got ritz based on your suggestion on my other post 4 years back.

What do you suggest, to sell it off or use it for one more year?
Tough call imho
The Ritz is a very comfy city cruiser with qualities tough to replace especially for tall people like us ,resale value for this car is only good enough if you have a decent successor in mind
What offers have you got so far?
I feel I made a hasty decision in selling my own Ritz
I sold it thinking dad and I will buy a larger car and my cousins were also selling theirs so we sold them off together
I might buy the Ignis in future if the need arises since it feels like an updated Ritz but I probably shouldnt have sold it off so early and for so less money since Ignis Diesel AMT touches 8L on road easy

PS- My Ritz was the VDI variant so there might be a slight difference in our perception of the car in terms of performance etc but I believe the K series 1.2 is very peppy for a petrol if im not wrong

Are you planning on replacing it completely with your upcoming Creta or do you plan on buying another small car?
Or do you require a small car sometimes where your creta may not come handy? If so, keeping the Ritz is probably a good idea if it isnt giving any problems

Thread Starter #15
Tough call imho
The Ritz is a very comfy city cruiser with qualities tough to replace especially for tall people like us ,resale value for this car is only good enough if you have a decent successor in mind
What offers have you got so far?
I feel I made a hasty decision in selling my own Ritz
I sold it thinking dad and I will buy a larger car and my cousins were also selling theirs so we sold them off together
I might buy the Ignis in future if the need arises since it feels like an updated Ritz but I probably shouldnt have sold it off so early and for so less money since Ignis Diesel AMT touches 8L on road easy

PS- My Ritz was the VDI variant so there might be a slight difference in our perception of the car in terms of performance etc but I believe the K series 1.2 is very peppy for a petrol if im not wrong

Are you planning on replacing it completely with your upcoming Creta or do you plan on buying another small car?
Or do you require a small car sometimes where your creta may not come handy? If so, keeping the Ritz is probably a good idea if it isnt giving any problems
Yes, am planning to buy a petrol SUV (Creta or VB or Duster) Am pretty much happy with the Ritz petrol performance and its very fuel efficient in high way.

So in a confused state, whether to sell this off now or continue to use it for a year. Just wanted to make sure that it wont depreciate much as the model has been stopped.

Last edited:

Top Bottom