Sedan Shopping

Thread Starter #1
First, I thought of buying the New Age XUV 5OO W6, But then i thought for time being i should buy a Sedan save money and then buy Ford Endeavour my dream car.

The Sedans i'm confused with are-:

1. Volkswagen Vento Highline Petrol MT
2. Hyundai Verna VTVT SX (O)
3. Honda City VX MT(O)

Please Tell me which one should i go for.

Hello
May I inquire why have you left Ciaz out? And if you want to save money, then have you considered compact sedans (as those offer better vfm over full sized ones)?

IMHO it would be better considering a compact sedan. If you are particular about sedans, the petrol city is the best option if you are from a considerable city. You can also consider the CIAZ.

If product is important for you, Vento or Rapid should be the choices.
If brand is important for you, City should be your choice.
If value for money factor is important for you, Fluidic Verna should be an ideal choice (as well as my pick from the trio).

I wouldn't ask why you have left out Ciaz as I believe it would have been because of poor quality. And I agree that build quality is not in line with the above mentioned cars.

Please post your requirements in greater detail man.

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:
Ciaz gets a 1.4 Litre engine. It isn't impressive on the performance front but quite manageable.

Regards,
Alpha
To add to that, Ciaz is hardly compact , its probably the most spacious sedan in the C-segment ! A word of advice from experience- always look at the car from the driver's perspective. If the Mrs is not going to be driving it herself, she will adjust with whatever you purchase as a driver of the car, inspite of any apparent resistance. That goes for the rest of the family too, unless one has really special needs like ingress-egress for elderly or medical conditions. Every thing else (except safety features) is negotiable based on the driver's comfort of the vehicle .

Last edited:
First, I thought of buying the New Age XUV 5OO W6, But then i thought for time being i should buy a Sedan save money and then buy Ford Endeavour my dream car.

3. Honda City VX MT(O)

Generally I don't recommend Ciaz, but in your case I think you should consider this. Reasons being:

- Your aim is to get a sedan now and save money for your Endeavour, so if you go for Vento, you would be hardly saving any money and you will be also hit by the resale price.

- Ciaz is a full sized sedan, but is underpowered compared to Verna & City. But also it is cheaper compared to these and holds its resale value better being a Maruti.

So, my advice is to go for a Ciaz now with a lesser investment and sell it off with a good value to buy Endeavour.

KK

3. Honda City VX MT(O)

From the above three, you can choose Verna SX(O) is better VFM considering its features and 125 PS engine. You cannot ignore the feature list in Verna which is most than any other car in this segment and price bracket.

Proper Sedan:
Point-A to Point-B runs ? Get the Ciaz
With the proven 1.5L Petrol Engine ? Get the City
With timeless European looks ? Get Vento / Rapid.
A VFM and all-rounder Sedan ? Get the Verna, as member Alpha said.
If you plan to buy the City or the Verna, WAIT, as both will receive updates in 2017. Out of these two, City will be the 1st one to be introduced in India.

Stop-Gap option : Net Gain or Net Loss ?
But, if you get a new Sedan this year, when will you go for the Endy ? You save some X Lakhs (over XUV500, now), get interest over it, but loose some Y Lakhs (due to depreciation, when you exchange THIS car later). How much is your net gain/loss depends on the number of years you'd have THIS car. "The net gain can be improved OR net loss can be minimised" by going towards pre-worshiped proper Sedan or New Compact Sedan.

Stop-Gap Options:
Pre-owned: Get the Petrol City or a Diesel Verna.
Compact Sedans: You can leave out the Dzire, as it is around everywhere and also the 2017 model is coming. Try the Ford Aspire or VW Ameo. Who knows, your wife might be pleased with Ameo's looks. She might also be impressed with the space Tata Zest offers.

PS: Choose whatever car YOU like, but, leave the Color of Car and Interior decor to wife. Keep telling "Wife helped me choose the Car" and she will be VERY Happy [:D]

Thread Starter #12
Im planning to buy Verna S or Vento Comfortline DSG

First, I thought of Buying the Top End Model but then thought of buying the middle variant.

Top Bottom