Upgrading From Ritz VXi To New Premium Hatch or Compact SUV

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

My Ritz Vxi (2010) is getting old and started showing some issues[confused]. Some times the power steering tend to cut off. Need to replace the clutch disc it became too hard.

What I like about my car is its 85bhp power, driving position, gear lever position, travel comfort ( done many long drives still no complaints from the rear seat)

So when i look for a new car it must be a clear upgrade of the above likes. It has to be more powerful (in practical), fun to drive, more comfort, more features and more size and last but not least more fuel efficient. The petrol price is going high. Forget to tell that I prefer petrol over diesel engines, one thing i live abroad and will come only for 1 or 2 months. So my parents are using it for their daily commutes. So petrol is enough. But can buy diesel if it fits in my budget

My budget is max. 11lakhs (on road price)

The cars i prefer,
1. Baleno Alpha 1.2
2. Ciaz zxi+
3. Ecosport (preferebly not bcz my brother owns one)
4. Brezza
5. Jazz

Please recommend is there is another

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Upgrade Ritz vxi to New compact SUV or premium hatch

Hi all,
Please recommend is there is another
Test Drive VW Polo and Elite i20 as well. I feel Polo in Petrol engine can be a equally exciting machine to drive and as far as i20 Elite is concerned, even that is a good machine with nice interiors. Also, are you looking for AT or MT equipped car buddy?

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3

Test Drive VW Polo and Elite i20 as well. I feel Polo in Petrol engine can be a equally exciting machine to drive and as far as i20 Elite is concerned, even that is a good machine with nice interiors. Also, are you looking for AT or MT equipped car buddy?

Regards

Akash
Hi bro,

I am concerned about polo and i20. Polo is a 3 pot engine and also there it is not an uprage from Ritz. As i considered polo also while buying ritz. Still there is not much update in Polo. I20 i think is under powered.

I am looking for MT only.

My Ritz Vxi (2010) is getting old and started showing some issues[confused]. Some times the power steering tend to cut off. Need to replace the clutch disc it became too hard.
Hello shihasali_p

You can also consider getting the issues sorted and using it for the next 2 years. Works out far cheaper than a new car. Ritz won't fare well in used market since it was discontinued recently.

The cars i prefer,
1. Baleno Alpha 1.2
2. Ciaz zxi+
3. Ecosport (preferebly not bcz my brother owns one)
4. Brezza
5. Jazz
From the above list, Jazz Petrol seems to be a good option (spacious, feature loaded, good quality, good handler, smooth as well as decently quick) followed by Brezza and Ciaz. The latter two would be difficult to navigate across busy streets by elders as compared to hatchbacks. If an AT is in consideration, I would look no further than Jazz. Not even Baleno. :biggrin:

Coming to manual transmission, Baleno has the same engine underneath so I won't recommend it as an upgrade to Ritz. But in isolation, it is a good all rounder in the Alpha trim with space, features and efficiency.

Ameo, Elite i20, Aspire Diesel, Amaze and Verna are some other options that come to mind. All are a step above the Ritz in most aspects but you'll miss the tall seating of Ritz in most of these alternatives (except Brezza of course, even EcoSport has limited visibility). Since this car won't be used much by you, consider the opinion of those who will be living with the car during the year.

EDIT - Check out Polo Highline as well. Diesel engine is a cracker and coupled with timeless styling and good build quality, it is a good sorted out hatchback. Even if you had considered Polo in the past, it is really clear that it comes across as a premium hatchback. Definitely a segment above Ritz.

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:

Those high GC cars(like to called compact suv's) are not at all spacious as they pretend to be from outside. The really spacious ones are TUV and bolero..both are diesel.

My pick up would be Duster and I20.

Thread Starter #7
Yeah. I heard that there is a facelift is on the way. And brezza will soon introduce a turbo petrol engine. Anyway i will be going India by march. By that time i have to list out.

Top Bottom